Reasons people haven't come up with for why the PS3 is a failure.

PS3 wont do much until someone hacks it, THEN they will sell way more of what they are selling now. (and a lower price will help a bit too). it happens to all consoles.

I honestly don't see how the PS3 will make a comeback. Not that I'm saying it won't, I just don't see how. The momentum is going to decrease because more and more people are getting them every day, so there will be less sales. And since the Wii is currently in the lead, how will the PS3 be able to come back? That's my thought.

More games, lower the price a bit!
It will

This is exactly what happened to the PS2, and you know what happened.............it sales came back up, its still sellling to this very day among our new consoles!

Never DOUBT SONY!!

Hope is the last thing you can loose ... :lol:

"This is exactly what happened to the PS2, and you know what happened.............it sales came back up, its still sellling to this very day among our new consoles!"

Oh yeah, and the GC was selling like hell too! :yikes: Nah!!
Don't take the past as a reference...
Read this (a truly expresive example)...Yesterday i peed at 5 PM... does that mean that today i will too?? Possible...but truly unlikely...:smilewinkgrin:

alexgc87 said:
Hope is the last thing you can loose ... :lol:

"This is exactly what happened to the PS2, and you know what happened.............it sales came back up, its still sellling to this very day among our new consoles!"

Oh yeah, and the GC was selling like hell too! :yikes: Nah!!
Don't take the past as a reference...
Read this (a truly expresive example)...Yesterday i peed at 5 PM... does that mean that today i will too?? Possible...but truly unlikely...:smilewinkgrin:
What? The N64 failed so why would the GC do any better? Without the remote, the Wii would have failed as well.

I dont get what your trying to say with the GC thing though.

GamerCon said:
What? The N64 failed so why would the GC do any better? Without the remote, the Wii would have failed as well.

I dont get what your trying to say with the GC thing though.

The N64 did not fail.

Monsteroids said:
The N64 did not fail.
BIZZARO! Im helping, im helping, bizzaro!

In what sense did the N64 not fail? Its library was small, and a lot of the games werent that good.

GC selling like hell...just comparing it to the present...(got my argument?)
Wii is selling like hell, by this i mean the the environment, the moment, the situation is just different...(got it now?) :wink:

alexgc87 said:
GC selling like hell...just comparing it to the present...(got my argument?)
Wii is selling like hell, by this i mean the the environment, the moment, the situation is just different...(got it now?) :wink:
Nope, could someone explain this for me?

The N64 had a dozen good games. The Dream Cast had more good games then that. The N64 didnt even make a thousand games. Around 500 or something. Then Nintendo ditched the system so, its a failure.

also about the PS3 making a comeback. it will indeed. the thing about worried about is the Wii. looking at the library of games, i'm quite worried. with the PS3 i know MSG 4 will be out, i know soul calibur 4 will be out, lair, heavenly sword, killzone 2, final fantasy XIII, gran theft auto IV, devil may cry 4, haze, assassin's creed, and more.

the rush won't stop in 2007, it's going to continue on through 2008 i believe.

with that said, the Wii, in my opinion is too dependant on 1st party games. just like how xbox is dependant on 3rd party games. PS3 is the only system with a pretty good balance between 1st party games and 3rd party games.

It's a failure because Sony relied on expensive equipment that doesn't manage to beat the Xbox 360. It's proven that many multi-console games actually look better on the 360 than the Ps3, as the Ps3 relies on bloom to much which actually takes AWAY from the quality. The expensive hardware also makes it more costly for developers to actually make games for it, so most of them stick with the 360 or Wii. Bluray is not the standard. As for why the Wii is kicking its ass, expense and lack of good games comes into question. The Wii may not have much either right at the moment but it's got a promising future. The Ps3 is dropping like a lead rock. Not only is the Wii outselling it VERY BADLY but Sony actually had to slow down production because of weak sales and low profit.

MetroidFan said:
It's a failure because Sony relied on expensive equipment that doesn't manage to beat the Xbox 360.
iPhone.

It's proven that many multi-console games actually look better on the 360 than the Ps3, as the Ps3 relies on bloom to much which actually takes AWAY from the quality.
iPhone.

The expensive hardware also makes it more costly for developers to actually make games for it, so most of them stick with the 360 or Wii.
iPhone.

Bluray is not the standard.
Never said it was. In fact, no one did. They arent using Blu-Ray for movies. If it fails in the movie side, it wont matter cause it will still be used for games.

Let me gues, your one of those "There pushing things on me" people, right? Well boo hoo. As far as i know they aren sayin "Its got a BD player, and only works with BD discs!!" Stop crying about BR, no ones forcing you to buy the movies.

As for why the Wii is kicking its ass, expense and lack of good games comes into question. The Wii may not have much either right at the moment but it's got a promising future.
I wanna see this. How can they expand on the Wii? Making it a DVD player? Adding music playback? Maybe even able to play movies off the SD card?

So in the future, it will be a lame PS3, thats cool. The PS3 can play emulators to, free.

The Ps3 is dropping like a lead rock. Not only is the Wii outselling it VERY BADLY but Sony actually had to slow down production because of weak sales and low profit.
No... no its not. Its been pretty steady actually. The 360, thats been dropping.

I dont care if the Wii is outselling it. That doesnt mean its better, unless you forgot that. I dont buy things off the TV ads cause its mostly crap but a lot of people do. Nintendo can drop the price, they can i swear. They dont though, cause when its sales start to take a nose dive, they want to have grabbed as much money as possible.

Once again, your getting ripped off, good for you! I can teach you about con 101, but i doubt you would get it.

Back