Reasons people haven't come up with for why the PS3 is a failure.

You mentioned bad games for the Wii..why don't you mention games like SSBB, and Super Mario gALAXY, or Disaster, Metroid etc. because most of you prefer PS and XB

Mario Mario Mario Mario, Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda, Pokemon Red/Green (Remake), GoldenEye 007 GoldenEye 007 GoldenEye 007, Metriod Metriod Metriod, Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 4, Perfect Dark (Thats one original title).

So only one game didnt derive from another. Only three games werent part of Nintendo's mascoteries. Nintendo likes to recycle, they are not known for great original titles.

Price

PRICE...

I DID NOT ask for the newest media format, I asked for a kick ass gaming console. I loved PS2 and Sony, now I think they're using the PS3 to push their new format and I'm glad it's not working.

If they were smart they would of sold the PS3 as a dvd player, with the optional Blu-Ray player separate, all the current games would fit onto DVD no problems.

As far as Blu-Ray winning the format wars, Sony has a bad history of losing these. Mini-Disc? Anyone have one? Sony media stick, it's still around but far from being the most popular and widely used.

Sony failed many of us fanboys with this tactic, right now the only people buying are those with excessive amounts of extra cash to blow. (Not the majority unfortunately)

GamerCon said:
Mario Mario Mario Mario, Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda, Pokemon Red/Green (Remake), GoldenEye 007 GoldenEye 007 GoldenEye 007, Metriod Metriod Metriod, Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 4, Perfect Dark (Thats one original title).

So only one game didnt derive from another. Only three games werent part of Nintendo's mascoteries. Nintendo likes to recycle, they are not known for great original titles.

With the Wii they are making orginals more than ever, just wait for Project H.A.M.M.E.R, DISASTER: Day of Crisis, Forever Blue, new RPGS, etc

[Mario Mario Mario Mario, Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda, Pokemon Red/Green (Remake), GoldenEye 007 GoldenEye 007 GoldenEye 007, Metriod Metriod Metriod, Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 4, Perfect Dark (Thats one original title).

Whats your point? Nintendo makes consistently excellent titles across all their franchises and systems. The titles listed above are legends. That is they began with stunning masterpieces and continued to wow gamers with increasing impressively sequels and follows up.

But I encourage you, don't take my word for it, talk to the guys over at IGN, or gamespot, or compuer and video games dot com. the guys that analyze games for a living. They will tell you what the best games of all time are, and i guarantee you, at least 5 Nintendo games will make the top 10. Consistently.
The strongest point of Nintendo's game development, Is their strong continuation of known franchises. Attacking this is pretty ridiculous.

The simple fact is that while you may not like to see the same characters/setting in a game as before. Millions of others do, and if you refuse to play games because they have similar themes/characters. Then you have missed out on some of the greatest games of all time.

It seems to be that what you are implying is you would rather play a bad game than a sequel. If that works for you thats fine but don't expect much support, very few people are as close minded as this.

If you want to be drawn in to a new and original story, go read a book, or watch a film. Games always have been, and always will be about gameplay, and Nintendo always tops.:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
sorter13 said:
PRICE...

I DID NOT ask for the newest media format, I asked for a kick ass gaming console. I loved PS2 and Sony, now I think they're using the PS3 to push their new format and I'm glad it's not working.

See, this is one of the greatest problems with PS3 hating... people like Sorter here feel "entitled" to the PS3. That the system should revolve around them, and that they are entitled to own it even if they are dirt poor. This kind of logic is beyond silly and extremely childish.

Sony's new format? 180 different companies backed up and developed the Blue ray disc, which was sorely needed. Developers needed it, PC gaming has gone beyond the reach of mere dvds, so new formats are needed and in order for them to be useful, they need to be mainstreamed. Blue ray isnt all that expensive when you consider the PS3.

599 is not a lot considering its a next gen system. Considering, sony takes a 250 dollar loss per console sold. It was $300 for the 20 gig versions. Sony is taking the hurt/cost from using blue ray, not the consumer. The 360 will cost more than the PS3 when you consider all the addons and payments needed to play online. Its all about looking at it realistically.

You have three options for a console, dont feel entitled to all of them.

If they were smart they would of sold the PS3 as a dvd player, with the optional Blu-Ray player separate, all the current games would fit onto DVD no problems.

If you want that, then stick with the 360. The problem with having the blue ray seperate would mean the games wouldnt take advantage of it. And no, all current games usually have to compress, leave stuff out, dumb down content in order to fit them onto a dvd. Looks like you dont know much. Developers have needed a bigger storage medium like this for awhile, it also has enhanced protection against piracy, which is running rampant with dvd consoles.

As far as Blu-Ray winning the format wars, Sony has a bad history of losing these. Mini-Disc? Anyone have one? Sony media stick, it's still around but far from being the most popular and widely used.
Blue ray isnt just a sony product. Looks like someone didnt do their home work. Again its backed and developed by 180 different companies. Disney, apple, warner bros.. to name a few.

As for minidisc, it was popular in some places, others not so much and still used to this day. Media stick as well, I use mine all the time to send information from one sony product to another. Nice try kiddo, but thats just a sad excuse for hating blue ray.

Sony failed many of us fanboys with this tactic, right now the only people buying are those with excessive amounts of extra cash to blow. (Not the majority unfortunately)

Fanboys are evil. They inbreed and cause disseases. Most notibly "stupidity". You admit to being a fanboy. To that, you already admit to having a bias. Bias leads to ignorance... and ingorance leads to a form of mental retardation.
The average gamer is 30 years old, I garantee you they have $599 to spend on a console if they want to. The sad thing is, you actually believe what you assume rather than look up the facts. My guess is your still a kid who thinks the world revolves around him and that whatever he assumes to be true must there for be true.

People will buy the PS3 when there are games out that they want to play. Its as simple as that, why buy a console if you are not gonna play much on it. Consumers are waiting. Thats all. So take off your tin foil hat and get a clue will ya kiddo.

I agree and congratulate you, sir(Thundercun7), for supporting Nintendo..this guys seem to prefer going for the hook rather than the bait..don't ask what that means Sony and Microsoft lovers, you guys try and figure it out

Shiftfallout said:
That the system should revolve around them, and that they are entitled to own it even if they are dirt poor.

I'm not dirt poor, when I was younger (and dumber) I dropped $700 for the 3DO. Now I'm older and choose to spend my money more wisely.

Shiftfallout said:
599 is not a lot considering its a next gen system. Considering, sony takes a 250 dollar loss per console sold.

Why should the consumer care if Sony's losing money per console, or Microsoft is losing money per console? Are they doing us a huge favor? The smart people know that they're doing this in the hopes to sell more units, in turn making themselves more money. Not for charity, so don't pretend they are.

Shiftfallout said:
You have three options for a console, dont feel entitled to all of them.

Yes, I know. I got XBox and Wii, love em both.

Shiftfallout said:
Developers have needed a bigger storage medium like this for awhile, it also has enhanced protection against piracy, which is running rampant with dvd consoles.

Really?? I remember when we needed to move from floppy's to CD and CD's to DVD. It was usually around the time the majority of games were using several of each media to get the game to us.

Where are the 3-5 disc DVD games? Vanguard is currently the only one that comes to mind, but maybe you could show us the huge numbers of videogames requiring this much space.

Shiftfallout said:
Blue ray isnt just a sony product. Looks like someone didnt do their home work. Again its backed and developed by 180 different companies. Disney, apple, warner bros.. to name a few.

Blue Ray might win the HD format war, it may not. But would anybody who's smart about they're money want to spend a considerable amount on a format that hasn't proved itself?

Shiftfallout said:
As for minidisc, it was popular in some places, others not so much and still used to this day. Media stick as well, I use mine all the time to send information from one sony product to another. Nice try kiddo, but thats just a sad excuse for hating blue ray.

I'm proud of you, but you're definately not the majority. Your personal use does not prove your point, both of these formats are not very popular.

Oh, forgot to mention UMD's, another lackluster format with very little popularity.

Shiftfallout said:
Fanboys are evil. They inbreed and cause disseases. Most notibly "stupidity". You admit to being a fanboy. To that, you already admit to having a bias. Bias leads to ignorance... and ingorance leads to a form of mental retardation.

Um, k... Just looks like your mad about something here? Did my take on Sony's failure upset you?

Shiftfallout said:
The average gamer is 30 years old, I garantee you they have $599 to spend on a console if they want to.

True, I'm 29 myself. I have the money to buy one, but will I? Nope. See my previous post for the reasons why.

As for the rest of your post, I think you took my post as a personal attack? I'm sorry I upset you so, but really, there's no need to start calling names to make yourself feel better.

GamerCon said:

Well no original titles........WHERE DID THE FIRST ONE COME FROM THEN. They Games have to start. and thats why the continue to make seqeuls ( and preqeuls) to Games. They Are such great original titles, Legends Like Ocarina of Time and Super mario world. The consumer wants another great game. And you know what, the reason Nintendo has been making games from a franchise for over 20 years is because they are so dam good at it. If a sequel was made and it sucked, they would stop.
Each new Nintendo game in a franchise is aregueably as good or better than the last.
And don't Blame Nintendo for it.Sony does it too... like with FF5 million and with Halo.... Lol well i guess thats only Microsoft has done..because its the only good game they have ever had...
And Nintendo Continues to make original titles... Like Doshin the Giant, Pikmin,Animal crossing and others.
Gamers grow in age and right now There are million who are playing there first game. This proves how original and Great each Nintendo game is. If a kid whos 6 years old just picked up a Wii controller the first time and played a bunch of Zelda and loved it then thats great, it shows the franchise isnt getting washed out. and when the kid gets old enough that he realizes theres other Zelda games, then he will probably go play and enjoy them just as much as the First time he played. This is what Nintendo is good at and since they go on with franchise the Nostalgia can hit anyone.
Nintendo makes great games, you don't see other companies do this because they can't they make a good or great game and there next one is ok and then they either don't try again or they do and it just sucks... Halo 2 would be a prime example.
not saying anymore because you already got told off pretty bad once....

R.I.P Banjo series, Starfox series, and Donkey Kong series..... Why did you have to leave Rare why..

Nintendo makes great games. Im not saying they dont, I got Mario on my PSP. They just dont make great new games.

Final Fantasy is Squares baby, they will never leave it, the company will die before they stop making Final Fantasy games. They have also made tons of other games that have been just as good. Do they just make Final Fantasy? No. They always want to try new things, make new characters, new stories, new worlds. I thought The Bouncer was a great PS2 launch game, may have been short and could have used control tweaks, but all in all it was a great game. Tobal No.1 was a good game, it was their first PS game and wasnt bad. Tobal No. 2 (A.K.A. Ehrgeiz) was a better arcade then console. Saga frontier i felt indifferent about. Brave Fencer Musashiden, if you didnt like that game I am obligated to hate you. Parasite Eve, another great game. Xenogears was, I thought, better then Xenosaga.

Thats just some of the PS1 games. Not all of them became classics and got spinoffs and appeared in all games made by Square, but if someone played them, they will remember it as an original game. Besides, no one can deny Secret of Mana. I have more respect for Square then I do Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.

So you see what i mean about not having many original games.

Nintendo makes great games. Im not saying they dont,

Nintendo likes to recycle, they are not known for great original titles.
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. If you're not sure what you've said, then mabey thats a sign you aren't really paying attention to what you're saying in the first place.:wtf:

I'd give this one up if i were you, I've shown that Nintendo has made brilliant, original games in the past. If you don't agree with me then that's your opinion.

But I'm going to side with the people who know more about games than you or i on this issue. the industry professionals.

They may have milked the hell out of Pokemon, ill give you that. But Frankly the way that Nintedno defined the world of video gaming in the past, leads me to believe that they will continue to do so in the future.

Peace out:smilewinkgrin:

Like I said, they dont make great new games. If it doesnt have Mario, Zelda, Metriod, ect. in the title, its probably not going to be good.

Like I also stated before, I showed a company that makes great new games. Nintendo does not hold up to the 'lets make a new game' standard.

If you think Pokemon is the only thing they milked, your probably on crack.

They made brilliant games in the past, the past, the past past pastpastpastpastpast. I agreed, i even said so. I said, "They dont make great new 'new' "NEW" games" I am repeating myself in hopes you understand what im saying this time. Your probably just a slow learner, and thats ok.

Im sure of what i said. They dont make great new original titles. They dont make great new original titles. They dont make great new original titles. They dont make great new original titles. They dont make great new original titles. They dont make great new original titles. They dont make great new original titles. They dont make great new original titles. They dont make great new original titles. They dont make great new original titles. They dont make great new original titles. They dont make great new original titles. They dont make great new original titles.

I don't really see anything original about Squares games. Its like they have a cookie cutter they use for FF games and the use the same one on the others. Just different Names and stuff. They focus on RPGs and they really are all very similar. Not dissing the Dev just saying they arent as original as you imply.
As far as originality.. Has anybody played Shadow of the Colossus?? I thought that was awesome, definitely a different game, Beautiful for a PS2 game too. I dk some ppl might not like it but it was a breath of fresh air for me.

Back