SSBB Design Contest 1: Mario Stages

JT. said:
Wow, 3 actual submissions so far. Wow. So right now I have a 1 in 3 chance of winning! Is there a prize? I'm a little lazy, can't be bothered to look through the thread if there is one...
Look at the OP...the threads not long at all anyway.

And the winner gets a copy of SSBB mailed to them.

Btw, there's 4 entries, just look at the 1st page.

First page has one entry. Then there's you, and me. Did I miss a submission? Ah, right. You don't need to have an image of the stage, a description is enough. That changes matters. OK, realize now. And a copy of SSBB? Isn't that quite a lot? I would be fine with 2000 wii points...

and there will be one by Naisatoh, right, he said so himself, but I know he won't trick us by keeping the prize if his is the best

Axtlar said:
and there will be one by Naisatoh, right, he said so himself, but I know he won't trick us by keeping the prize if his is the best

I'll be submitting one, yes, but I guess I didn't have enough time to get one up this weekend. And my bad about the levels.. I didn't read your description completely.

The prize will go to the person who wins the most points over all. There will be a number of different contests, and the points will be added up.

There may be individual prizes for individual competitions in the future, but none for this one.

edit: JT - Click here for complete rules.

Thanks, hadn't seen that thread earlier. Makes everything clearer now. The prize is very cool, although I'm not so concerned about the prize. Just like trying my luck the contest! Not that I wouldn't accept the prize :lol:. Won't win anyways. Summer's here, so I'm off my computer for 2 months. May the best ideas win!

What happens if you don't get enough participants?

JT. said:
Thanks, hadn't seen that thread earlier. Makes everything clearer now. The prize is very cool, although I'm not so concerned about the prize. Just like trying my luck the contest! Not that I wouldn't accept the prize :lol:. Won't win anyways. Summer's here, so I'm off my computer for 2 months. May the best ideas win!

What happens if you don't get enough participants?
Don't we already have enough? Do we actually have to get 10 or more? That's a lot of people...

I had hoped there would be a lot more, especially for voting's sake. If there are only 4 participants by the end, I'll only be able to award 4 points to the winner as opposed to 5.

okay my submission is the original level from super mario bros. world 1-1. the world will scroll across and you have to keep avoiding goombas, koopas, and gaps. there will be ? blocks that if you hit them they will give you an item. if you dont keep up with the level you will die because it forces you to move to the left.

gingerkid said:
okay my submission is the original level from super mario bros. world 1-1. the world will scroll across and you have to keep avoiding goombas, koopas, and gaps. there will be ? blocks that if you hit them they will give you an item. if you dont keep up with the level you will die because it forces you to move to the left.
^^ does that count? Lol.

The idea is good, but what happens when you reach the end?

I'm guessing it's more of an "Adventure" stage, and he means "right", not "left"...

exactly...hey guys just for criticism, what doy ou think of my submission?

Axtlar said:
exactly...hey guys just for criticism, what doy ou think of my submission?

It's a very interesting concept, though I have never played the game. It's clear you spent time on this, both with the idea and the execution. So you have to pick up the key? What happens if the key falls into the lava or flies off the side of the stage? Also, can the key be used as a weapon?

I think your idea is very neat for the Adventure Mode, but it seems overly complicated for a normal brawl.

Edit: I wikipedia'd the game. Makes much more sense now :)

Also, for GingerKid.. unless you draw it out and explain how it works (like what happens when you reach the end), it won't count. Sorry.

Last edited:
naisatoh said:
It's a very interesting concept, though I have never played the game. It's clear you spent time on this, both with the idea and the execution. So you have to pick up the key? What happens if the key falls into the lava or flies off the side of the stage? Also, can the key be used as a weapon?

I think your idea is very neat for the Adventure Mode, but it seems overly complicated for a normal brawl.

Also, for GingerKid.. unless you draw it out and explain how it works (like what happens when you reach the end), it won't count. Sorry.

The key can be used as a weapon(by throwing it only) and once it falls to a precipise or lava it can't be resotred so players must finish the battle right there, but if it's for Adventure mode(which suits it more, like you said) then it will appear again at an unexpected time while the player fights hordes of enemies similar to the Kirby or Yoshi etc. teams, and until they get the key and open the door leading to the next level, they will go to that level, but if they stay there longer, worse for them since the enemies will inflict more damage on them and eventually loose, that is if they never get the key.

Last edited:
sorry i meant right haha im an idiot. also the stage never stops scrolling its like on a circle it just loops.

Back