SSBB Design Contest 1: Mario Stages

you have to add that to your submission...make it longer in description and if you can add drawings or pictures, don't worry you still have time, it ends in one week an ahalf approx. :)

lol, we aren't actually aplying them to videogame form, we are just designing them, meaning we descrive and draw our ideas about the stages.

Axtlar said:
lol, we aren't actually aplying them to videogame form, we are just designing them, meaning we descrive and draw our ideas about the stages.
Ya I know but I mean like what programs is everybody using

Photoshop...
gingerkid said:
im using super mario bros. sprites. how do you get a pic in here?
Wrap
tags around the image URL.

It's apparent my flash skills are lacking (VERY ROUGH DRAFT!)..

mario.gif

This stage is based on the terrain of Super Mario World. The main platform is taken from the first boss battle against "the demented Iggy Koopa". The other elements are based on cave stages with lava flow.

lemmy.jpg

blargh.jpg

The platform sways back and forth as it floats through a cave of lava. The platform can be tipped with weight from the players and from barrels and crates. As the platform floats through the stage, bricks will float by, serving as extra platforms and a means for obtaining new items. Enemies will also drop in, including Buzzy Beetles, Bats, and Blarghs. I'm not sure if you remember these characters, but I'll try to include them later.

Last edited:
Hehe. Love the blargh. Nice stage :thumbsup:

I'm using... a 3D program! Let's see if anybody can guess what it is. Sorry for the secresy, but thats how I prefer it... I will say, if someone guesses right.

JT. said:
Hehe. Love the blargh. Nice stage :thumbsup:

I'm using... a 3D program! Let's see if anybody can guess what it is. Sorry for the secresy, but thats how I prefer it... I will say, if someone guesses right.
Blender?

Back