Thinking about adding a PS3 to my rack.

LaZer

WiiChat Member
Sep 26, 2007
Packer State, USA
Wii Online Code
3525-6550-4927-2893
I'm going to wait a while because I just got my Wii, but I'm wondering if I should wait even longer as Sony keeps sweetening the pot. What do you guys think?

i think i read somewhere that Sony shot down the rumor of coming out with a 40gb

I heard the 40gb rumor too. I think it's something Sony may be working on now. I remember people laughing at the 80gb being a reality. Now we have 80gb versions.

I'm not sure how you are getting excited? In recent news Sony has been selling off portions of their company to other companies to make quick cash. Pair that off with their awful launches of Lair, Warhawk(It was a good game despite it's low sales), and Heavenly Sword, each costed well over $15 million to make. Square, EA, and Capcom have pretty much abandoned Sony. I recommend checking out all the latest news, there's just so much not going right for Sony right now. It's a mistake to buy a PS3 when you don't know what version they'll launch next and which one they will cancel. My advice is wait until the end of 2008, you could also save $200 by doing so.

Last edited:
Well... from what it seems like is that sony is f*in up:lol: ... i would recommend a xbox 360 instead only because like 85% of the ps3's library is on the 360.. not only that but there are so much more games out for the 360 than the ps3.. unless your waiting for metal gear 4 go for it i guess.. but just the fact that the developers are fleeing the ps3 is well enough to say that this console isn't doing so hot. . don't get me wrong .. i'm not saying its a crappy system. its just that give it some more time before you actually invest on it.. let it get more sweeter:yesnod:

sagema said:
My advice is wait until the end of 2008, you could also save $200 by doing so.

End of '08? Do you mean '07?
I was thinking bout getting one also, but mainly because of GTAIV.
I think id go for the PS3 over the 360 becuase of the Blu-Ray player, there would be no need to go get a stand alone Blu-Ray DVD player, saves cash there.
But, I am waiting for GTA then im going to get one, by then, price will have come down significantly and there might be a 40GB version.

My advice is close to sagema, there is no harm in waitng for a few months to see what happens, and if you have just bought a Wii and you buy a PS3 now you would pretty make one system redundant because more than likely, youll enjoy one more than the other.

sagema said:
I heard the 40gb rumor too. I think it's something Sony may be working on now. I remember people laughing at the 80gb being a reality. Now we have 80gb versions.

I'm not sure how you are getting excited? In recent news Sony has been selling off portions of their company to other companies to make quick cash. Pair that off with their awful launches of Lair, Warhawk(It was a good game despite it's low sales), and Heavenly Sword, each costed well over $15 million to make. Square, EA, and Capcom have pretty much abandoned Sony. I recommend checking out all the latest news, there's just so much not going right for Sony right now. It's a mistake to buy a PS3 when you don't know what version they'll launch next and which one they will cancel. My advice is wait until the end of 2008, you could also save $200 by doing so.

Companies do things like that all the time. It's just business. I thought Warhawk was actually selling well but who cares. If the game is good then what do sales matter. Square has abandoned Sony? I haven't heard anything like this. Final Fantasy XIII is coming out for PS3 as well as FFXIII Verses. PS3 is worth buying now if you want. Really good games are on the way. There might be a price cut in early '08, so you could wait for that.

ToxicDemon said:
Well... from what it seems like is that sony is f*in up:lol: ... i would recommend a xbox 360 instead only because like 85% of the ps3's library is on the 360.. not only that but there are so much more games out for the 360 than the ps3.. unless your waiting for metal gear 4 go for it i guess.. but just the fact that the developers are fleeing the ps3 is well enough to say that this console isn't doing so hot. . don't get me wrong .. i'm not saying its a crappy system. its just that give it some more time before you actually invest on it.. let it get more sweeter:yesnod:

Agreed completely on this. I really don't think the ps3 is worth it's price, and yes, there are barely any ps3 only titles. Xbox live is kicksass as well, another good reason to get it.

JT. said:
Agreed completely on this. I really don't think the ps3 is worth it's price, and yes, there are barely any ps3 only titles. Xbox live is kicksass as well, another good reason to get it.

PS3 is the better value compared to the 360 IMO. 99.99 for a wireless adapter and 50 bucks for live for a year. When I bought my PS3 Xbox was still at 399.99(premium) and PS3 just went to 499.99. PS3 was cheaper in the end and had a bigger Harddrive. Come on Microsoft, thats a little excessive. Free wifi and online gaming with the PS3. Granted it's not as good as live but at that price, its a better deal IMO. You don't need to buy an external Blu-ray player like the 360 HD-DVD. PS3 has some pretty good PS3 only titles. There isn't as much as the 360 but IT'S UNDER A YEAR OLD! There is always a slow period. PS3 has great potential and the games are on the way.

I would like to have a 360 but I don't feel like paying for the extras.

Big_League_Slugger said:
PS3 is the better value compared to the 360 IMO. 99.99 for a wireless adapter and 50 bucks for live for a year. When I bought my PS3 Xbox was still at 399.99(premium) and PS3 just went to 499.99. PS3 was cheaper in the end and had a bigger Harddrive. Come on Microsoft, thats a little excessive. Free wifi and online gaming with the PS3. Granted it's not as good as live but at that price, its a better deal IMO. You don't need to buy an external Blu-ray player like the 360 HD-DVD. PS3 has some pretty good PS3 only titles. There isn't as much as the 360 but IT'S UNDER A YEAR OLD! There is always a slow period. PS3 has great potential and the games are on the way.

I would like to have a 360 but I don't feel like paying for the extras.

I agree with you on all that. I don't mean any dissrespect to the X, but...there is absolutly NO excuse for any new counsel to not have integrated wi-fi...period. That is unacceptable IMO. I also don't like the fee for online access...makes me feel like I'm being gouged...free on-line is what I like.

But to my original thought, I'm thinking we'll see 100GB PS3, with six axxis AND rumble, and maybe something else...perhaps an integrated TV tuner and Tivo-like abilities within the first quarter or second quarter of 08.

LaZer said:
I agree with you on all that. I don't mean any dissrespect to the X, but...there is absolutly NO excuse for any new counsel to not have integrated wi-fi...period. That is unacceptable IMO. I also don't like the fee for online access...makes me feel like I'm being gouged...free on-line is what I like.

But to my original thought, I'm thinking we'll see 100GB PS3, with six axxis AND rumble, and maybe something else...perhaps an integrated TV tuner and Tivo-like abilities within the first quarter or second quarter of 08.

Yeah, I don't know about the 100gb but all those others are on the way. I've heard that the new DualShock is going to be better the the 360 controller. I'm not sure about that because vibrating is vibrating right???

Back