Thinking about adding a PS3 to my rack.

common guy's

I'm no moderator here...but right now Sagema and Shifty you are both spamming this thread and my thread with issue you have with each other so let it go....:ciappa:

Or find the next next-gen cross platform title (if they do one between ps3 and xbox) and kick each other ass....:mad5:

until then plz just do constructive comments like sagema did at the beginning of my thread....:yesnod:

or tell me to shut up and continue the fight like moron :O

Sovieto said:
so
xbox gets red ring and loses..
then
xbox gives 3 year warranty for it..and it STILL loses?

is that correct?

well let's see...hmm...hold that...carry that over...

yep. it's correct.

now don't shoot me yet...360 is an awesome looking system...I've played on 360's a good few times...there is no doubt in my mind that when it's working it is an awesome product...

however...

I haven't heard of any issues nearly that widespread with PS3...

and don't throw that STILL stuff at me...I mean come on. Microsoft extended their warranty -not- because they wanted to...they extended their warranty because they could:

a) make the massive expense of recalling their entire line of problem systems and sending everybody a brand new one for free

or

b) say "well...we'll give it 3 years to break down...if it does then, we'll take care of it...if not, you're on your own" and only fix ones that happen to break down in that time frame, and even -then- only fix the ones that people decide to complain about and send in...because I'm sure microsoft is willing to bet that not everyone will do that.

extending the warranty is in theory the far more cost effective way for them to handle it...which I am sure was their whole mentality behind that decision.

or if you still need another way to put it, let me use a line I use in my sales presentations:

"I've got an example for ya. Say I'm trying to sell you one of 2 cars...I've got this ferrari here, or this corvette...they're both awesome cars, and I'm sure you'd drive either one, because they both have a reputation for being very good things...The ferrari outclasses the vette in speed, looks, performance, and has a higher price...oh and by the way, I have a special 3 year warranty on the ferrari, because we know they have a bad habit of breaking down soon after you buy it...the vette only has a 1 year warranty, but as long as you treat it nice, you don't have much to worry about...so which oen would you buy...the higher-performance one that will probably break down, or the slightly lesser-performance one that still is an awesome machine, and is probably going to last you far longer without any trouble?"

I'd sacrifice a little performance for durability any day.

Cheers!

sure why not, its got a good gaming experience........unfortunately no real good games right now.........im buying my ps3 when mgs4 guns of patriots comes out.....also the ps3 is very powerful, its strong enough to send an email to jesus.....lol

Back