Do you want to change your body or what?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
So yeah, I'm bored, and there are way too many super serious threads going down, so I'm making this. I know that each and every one of you want to change something about your weight, your strength, your stamina, or your athleticism. I just do. So, I'd like to see every one of you post your goals, your resolutions, and how far you've already come. I realize that talking about your weight or lack of exercise or whatever can be difficult, and so I'm hoping that something as impersonal as the intarwebz will encourage people to share successes and ask questions—because I also know that you have questions. I'd like to make it clear now that this is not an 'Ask a question and Levesque will answer it' thread, nor is it a thread where I rip you if you don't follow my personal philosophy (I have specific guidelines for those situations ;) ). I don't know everything, especially since this thread isn't just restricted to exercise. You can ask about training in specific sports, motivation techniques, how to maintain a diet, and anything else you can think of. This is a thread where you ask a question and anyone who can give you their two cents will help out, and where I hope that you can draw motivation from the community to accomplish that goal that you've been trying to accomplish for years.

I won't be embarrassed if this is a complete bust because it's not a matter of how good of a topic this is or how good of an opening post I make. This is completely on your shoulders as to what you want to make out of it. I know you all have goals, but it's your decision whether you want to put yourself out on a limb or keep waiting for a better opportunity that will never come. Regardless, good luck in all of your endeavors.

Are you doing anything now to work towards that goal?

Well, next year im going to do JV/Varsity football, so I need to start lifting in the summer. I've let my self go for the past to years (when i was 13 i was 99 lbs, I'm 15 now at 160 lbs)

Okay. Try to stick to compound movements (exercises that work more than one muscle, like Benchpress, Squat, Chinups) and use free weights as much as possible. I would suggest working out three days a week, and get plenty of rest. Your diet is the most important thing though. Basically eat anything in sight, especially things that are high in protein. If you haven't gained atleast five pounds in two weeks then you're probably not eating enough. I should also mention that it isn't possible to gain muscle without gaining some fat, so you shouldn't worry about it for the time being.

Wow. That's good advice. My mom always tells me not to eat a lot, but your advice sounds more logical. I'll take your advice and use it to my advantage. Thanks =D

Wow. That's good advice. My mom always tells me not to eat a lot, but your advice sounds more logical. I'll take your advice and use it to my advantage. Thanks =D

Hey this is a good topic and seems well thought-out. I couldn't imagine someone on these forums interested persay in this sort of thing. My image of you (though it is only an assumption and subject to absolute inaccuracy lol) is a young muscular male who plays all the fun games the Wii has to offer. Someone who cherishes looking and feeling good and healthy that plays Mario Kart and SSBB (yeah those are stereotypical, again, I may be completely wrong and I probably am lol).

Well anyways, elopez make sure you don't misunderstand what he told you by eating whatever you want and can. Levesque means that you can't get big or lose weight by excercize alone, or by diet alone. Also, you need all the protein that you can get. What he did NOT recommend is any powdered protein shakes/drinks which I took note of. Most of these products are made cheaply and are actually pretty much junk and can harm you in the long run. My older brother told me that "you can't get enough protein with just meats" but I told him i wouldn't resort to those products and I turned out just fine without them. Remember, the marketers out to make money, they don't necessarily care about the consumer.

I dont really feel that i need to change any more. starting weight was 110kg's in 2006. and i'm currently at 82kg's and i've held it steady for over a year my ideal weight is around the 82 mark so i'm quite happy where i am weight wise.

i'm strong enough as i deal with heavy freight all day at work.

I want to gain more weight on my hands but I think that's mostly genes. My dad is huge with skinny arms and legs.

Surprising, but im actually pretty content with my body right now. During my teenage and even some of my early 20's i couldnt put weight on no matter what i did. It was due to the fact that i have a very fast metabolism. But due to (cant believe i am saying this) getting older , it has slowed down and my body is filling out very nicely.
I do need to keep up with my training so i dont get to sloppy, but for right now im happy.

My normal routine consists of pull ups, sit ups and squats (IMO thats all you need although some may differ).

I do about 10 pushups a month it seems to be working for me pretty well.

Nahh. I'm pretty much as good as it gets.

But yeah, not so much something on my body, but I'd like to increase my vertical leap by about 5 inches.

Back