Gay Marrige

Status
Not open for further replies.
DG, that stuff was made to be sarcastic. It doesn't help your case at all, it was meant to illustrate OUR point. So if you were going with the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" philosophy by THAT post then ok. But if you were being serious until your most recent post then I feel the need to repeatedly smash my head against the wall...
Thats why i dont like debating on the internet. One cant really tell a persons expression by a few dots(ex. .....) or faces.

America was free? As far as I know, you can't get free cookies on the streets, being a homeless person... Hahahaha, America is everything BUT free now-a-days. Hell, the only free **** about it is jail. Other than that, you gotta get a job, or America hates you. :lol: anyway... Knowing Obama, he will most-likely legalize gay marriage, just like abortion and all that stuff. (i may be wrong, but most democrats do this kind of pattern, other than republicans, am i rite?) :lol:

Hmm...have you been out of america once boz? Go to england, lets see how long youll last there acting like a normal american.(unless your a good boy following the rules.:) We are free compared to other countries.

Btw: down where i live i can get free cookie from a store. Its suppose to make you want to go inside.

Couple of things:
1: Where in the constitution does it say that gays aren't allowed to get married?
2: I could care less if a person is homosexual, but if they were to say, hit on me, then I'd have to draw the line.
Mainly my point is if you don't have anything to do with a gay person, you can't say ****. I mean, aren't there more important things going on then gays and whatever they're doing? I'd rather focus on more pressing issues like abortion, animal rights, etc.
P.S. I'm not gay.:frown2:

Considering how many gay friends I have I must say that I am SUPER supportive of gay rights. I mean come on, my best friend in Middle School is gay. We hit puberty at the same time and when I checked out chicks he checked out dudes. He never realized that it was different from everybody else. It just seemed normal to him. Proves that it's not a choice. More importantly, proves that gays are every bit as human as the rest of us and they deserve to have all the same rights.
Okay, but marriage was started by God (2nd chapter of genesis i think). Then marriage is a religious thing. So how do they have rights like it's a goverment thing? Gay marriage isn't a political topic.

I see nothing wrong with gay marriage. I completely support it. I would guess most gays want to be legally married, even is it's not religious.

My friend is gay, but he's so afraid of people knowing he's gay that he's basically decided to live his life straight (I'm the only one he's told). I think it's really sad that he thinks he has to live a life where he isn't who he really is because he's afraid of people who will hate him because of his orientation. I've tried suggesting that he should be who he is but he won't listen.

Right now I'm taking a theology class, and in Catholicism, apparently being "homosexual" is a sin. I know that being gay may not be completely normal to some people, but to me, it seems like it's just another thing that sets people apart, not a crime. Oh, and apparently masturbating is also a sin under "You shall not commit adultry". I know why people would think that... but come on.

Right now I'm taking a theology class, and in Catholicism, apparently being "homosexual" is a sin. I know that being gay may not be completely normal to some people, but to me, it seems like it's just another thing that sets people apart, not a crime. Oh, and apparently masturbating is also a sin under "You shall not commit adultry". I know why people would think that... but come on.

Oh no, masturbation's a sin?! I'm going to hell. Several thousand times.

... Well, being gone for two weeks leaves a lot to read in a debate.

*Scratches his* Gosh, a bit hard, i keep showing statements, and all these things. Fine storm ill try...i was hoping it wouldnt come to this but i guess i have to be a jackass about this, and say it like it is.

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

Ive tried to be cool about this but you guys arent helping..is this debatable material S.S, storm, everyone else......?

Oh my god, this is a rather off topic response, but I laughed hard at this post's "sarcasm".

Incredibly long quote you all don't need to read again...

Someone used the Bible as a source above. Bullshit. In a debate, you cannot use a religious piece to justify something, because it does not apply to every person. The Bible is a big book of opinions and morals. not fact, science, or any real historical basis.

It's like taking a Dr. Seuss book and telling people they should eat green eggs and ham because they do it in the story.

This.

Not to mention, DG, that your post (or should I say, copy/paste :lol: ) was completely against marriage as a general rule, via the Bible being against it. It had almost nothing to do with the offspring (adopted or otherwise) of gay couples, and what it had to do with, was mostly opinion based, and contained very little factual evidence, if any at all.

DG, I highly recommend finding some material of actual numbers and areas/tests to use for examples and then ofcourses putting said data into your own words, as I did. Makes for a much smoother debate, yeah? After all, if you're taking the words of someone else, it's hard to retaliate against someone's own unique response to your post. It isn't your opinion or thoughts either, not really making it a debate, persay.

... Well, being gone for two weeks leaves a lot to read in a debate.

*Scratches his* Gosh, a bit hard, i keep showing statements, and all these things. Fine storm ill try...i was hoping it wouldnt come to this but i guess i have to be a jackass about this, and say it like it is.

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

Ive tried to be cool about this but you guys arent helping..is this debatable material S.S, storm, everyone else......?

Oh my god, this is a rather off topic response, but I laughed hard at this post's "sarcasm".

Incredibly long quote you all don't need to read again...

Someone used the Bible as a source above. Bullshit. In a debate, you cannot use a religious piece to justify something, because it does not apply to every person. The Bible is a big book of opinions and morals. not fact, science, or any real historical basis.

It's like taking a Dr. Seuss book and telling people they should eat green eggs and ham because they do it in the story.

This.

Not to mention, DG, that your post (or should I say, copy/paste :lol: ) was completely against marriage as a general rule, via the Bible being against it. It had almost nothing to do with the offspring (adopted or otherwise) of gay couples, and what it had to do with, was mostly opinion based, and contained very little factual evidence, if any at all.

DG, I highly recommend finding some material of actual numbers and areas/tests to use for examples and then ofcourses putting said data into your own words, as I did. Makes for a much smoother debate, yeah? After all, if you're taking the words of someone else, it's hard to retaliate against someone's own unique response to your post. It isn't your opinion or thoughts either, not really making it a debate, persay.

Hey, i was just wanting to see how far i would go going the other way. I did say the real way i believed didnt I?

imma get married either way <3

my bf and i already talked about this and we do get sad at times cause. . . face it, people who are against gay marriage see us as DISGUSTING, MENTAL, SINFUL people. . . when in reality. . . we just wanna spend the rest of our lives together. . . but IDK

crazy world we live in -_-

I didn't read anything above except for one post. Someone said that marriage is a religious thing. That only reinforces that in the United States, the government has no right to help or hurt a religion stated by the 1st Amendment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back