StarEdge-The COSMOS Project (Official RP)

Darius glanced out of the window as he landed; Gerumbio was nowhere in sight. He spotted a small pod landing in the loading bay and two men getting out of it. Ducking back, Darius turned to Orbus.
"Don't see Gerumbio out there yet. He'll probably be here in a second, we'd be best off waiting here for him to return. There are two more people outside who just showed up. They don't look like Cykris's troops, but it never hurt to be careful. As for where we'll go next..."
Darius looked at the Power Node leaning up against his chair.
"We need to get this to Resistance HQ."
-MEANWHILE-
FORMER UNITY COMMAND, LOCATION UNKNOWN
The UMC, or Unity Mobile Command, drifted lazily through space. Formerly the home for the Unity Senate, it had been re-purposed to serve as a base of operations for a new master. Its sprawling network of tunnels and halls were filled with scientists and soldiers, going about their day-to-day business. Its' large rooms, once courtrooms and discussion halls, had been changed into laboratories and military-style barracks. In the center of the UMC, the former Senate antechamber had received a drastic overhaul. Once packed with comfortable chairs for its' many representatives, it now held only one massive throne, hooked up to a variety of wires and tubes that allowed the Emperor, when seated, to communicate instantaneously with his generals and other subordinates with the flick of a switch. The rest of the chairs had been replaced with hundreds and hundreds of screens, each displaying a different location. On one, a general trained his troops for war. On another, a captured Resistance fighter was being electrocuted and interrogated. On the throne, overlooking all of the room, sat a lone, shadowed figure.
Emperor Cykris grinned.

Seeng heard some shouting down the hall and thought, 'Hopefully whatever got the engines down got rid of that idiotic Squig as well...'

She made a sharp turn and entered a large room where she saw a number of smaller ships. She threw the man on her back into one of them, and prepared to jump in herself when she was flung backward.

"Sanud!"

They had reached a jump point which Seeng could only presume let out near Inops. She turned to the man in the ship and said, "Where are we?"

"Righ' by th' moon o' Inops, Ma'am."

"Alright, I'm heading down," Seeng replied, "Tell your 'Cap'n' I appreciate the ride, and that I have this under control. All he needs to do is keep this ship in orbit around the moon until I am finished. Understand?"

The man nodded and stepped out of the ship. Seeng took on a human form and buckled herself in before speeding toward Inops. As she passed the moon she noticed a green ship circling it. A bit unusual, but she decided to ignore it.

Bracing herself for the distinctive odor, Seeng pulled into the Inops Docking Bay.

Last edited:
Aelan sighed "I don't think anyone heard us." She kept following the ship and looked at ARP skeptically. "Any other ideas?"

"Darius, what a wonderful surprise!" Gerumbio descended the flight of stairs to the landing bay. "And you've brought a friend!"
Gerumbio noticed Darius eyeing Townes and Lillis' pod incoming pod.
"Oh, don't worry about them. They're harmless. So, what brings you here?"

Darius glanced behind him as he exited his ship.
"I'd love to chat, Gerumbio, but I'm afraid I must ask a favor of you. We need to hide... and fast. There's a Queryman on our tail."

The pod door slid open, and Lillis and Townes stepped out.

"Gerry! How you been, huh?" said Lillis, extending his arms in greeting. He looked to see Gerumbio and two others staring at him.

"We interrupting something?"

"You two came at just the wrong time. As always. No matter." Gerumbio gestured to Darius. "No time for introductions now. Follow this man, and treat him with the utmost respect. I'll hold off the queryman. Which is it Darius? Von Carlisle? Yardsley? Haresworth?"

"Hold up there a minute, Bouldernose" interjected Lillis "You're telling me you got the Querymen on your tail?"

"Querymen?" said Townes "****. Did they find out about your..." Townes glanced warily at Darius and Orbus "...Involvements?"

ARP frowned, "Looks like they're docking at the big green thing. We could pull up next to it? It doesn't seem like they'll be sending us pods anytime soon."

"I think I heard Von Carlisle's voice, but I didn't see him. They have a newer one named Hox who chased us in the Docking Bay, but for all we know it could be anyone coming after us. They had their leader with them...it's the man we heard in that transmission."

"Gerumbio, I think you owe us a full explanation of what's going on here" said Townes "But I really don't think now's the time. If you folks have the empire at your backs, I figure we're all in trouble unless we bolt to the nearest jump point right about now."

Squig was talking with one of his crew members.

"Captain, the thruster engine should be fully repaired within 20 minutes. Im sorry, but thats the fastest we can get it done." said the crew member

"Well, If thats the best you slowpokes can do, I guess Ill just hop in my rocket and blast off to Inops myself." said Squig

Suddenly Squig and the other man were thrown backwards against the wall. It took them a moment to get back up.

"Those damn jump points....catch you off guard every time." groaned Squig "Like I was saying.....wait, actually, my rocket dosnt have invisibility, so Ill take one of those four slow inviso-rockets instead."

"Speaking of that Captain, Campzo here said that he had something to share with you." said the crew member

The crew member waved his arm, signaling Campzo to come over to them.

"Uh...Cap'n.....th' c't girl took off with on' of th'm inviso-pl'n's just some min'tes 'go." said Campzo

"Damnitt! ****! Do you idiots realize how humiliating this is? That women has no respect at all for me, stealing my ship and all that! Grrr....he he, Ill get back at her, I will!" yelled Squig. "Uhh....if only I knew how."

Squig gathered Fallo and two other crew members to join him on his trip to Inops. Both of the crew members would have to squeeze into one of the invisible ships. Luckily, both of them were small.

"Alright you guys, after going through that jump-point, it should only take a few minutes to reach the surface of Inops." he said. "Once we meet at the agreed landing spot in the docking bay, we do anything it takes to find out where the hell this Darius guy is. Ive already alerted the crew to investigate any suspicious ships, so if Darius tries to leave, hes gonna have a whole lotta trouble."

The four of them got into the ships and blasted off towards Inops at full speed....which wasnt very fast compared to most standards.

Last edited:
Orbus looked around at all the new people nervously. He had never known life outside the trash heap of Inops, and as such was unaccustomed to what some may call "normal interactions." He was ready to jump at the slightest movement, ready to defend should ever the occassion call for it, and ready to kill in the blink of an eye. It wasn't that Orbus was a nervous or scared young man; he would just rather be prepared than be dead.

Something suddenly hit his nostrils. An unfamiliar stench was greeting his senses, along with another more familiar one he had encountered back on Inops. Within the blink of an eye, Orbus had two long shears of ridged scrap metal, holding them like swords, and staring out at the docking bay. A drop of sweat fell from his brow as the smell got stronger and closer to them.

"If any of you can fight... It would be best to arm yourselves right about now.... We've got company."

Darius shook his head.
"No! What we have is too important for us to risk it fighting Cykris's elites! We have to hide!"

"Agreed" said Lillis "Not that we can't hold ourselves in a fight or anything, it's just that our specialty tends to fall more on the... 'escaping' side of things."

"Gerumbio" said Townes "Do have secret compartments big enough to hide whomever needs to be hidden? We can still pass for a legitimate trade ship, right?"

Last edited:
Back