how many people like the ps3????

---Brian--- said:
Getting one soon, £400 aint that much, i dont understand why peope are fussing about £400, just tight ass bitches if you ask me
Well, if you have to pay for food, rent, transport etc... £400 is something that can be better spent.

Oh, and there's no need for swearing. "It's not big and it's not clever!"

I love my Ps3, but it costs too much, I might have to starve for a few months... Now, I can't wait till the Final Fantasy 13's.

MasterJedi2U said:
I honestly don't like it at all. A major part of that is sony's attempt to force Blu Ray into the market. Yes I know its a business move and maybe its a good one at that since it will kinda increase its numbers, and geographic regions but still I think its a pathetic move and speaks volumes about what they are really after. MONEY

What do you think Nintendo wants? It's a market, one of which nintendo is part of, what, you think Nintendo are making consoles for fun? I have a PS3 and a Wii, I love them both, it cost me £425 but that doesn't bother me. I only have Resistance but it's Co-op and online modes will keep it alive for a while.

Nintendo wants to create great games and a great system for everyone to enjoy. I think the philisophy behind Nintendo is more sincere and something to be admired as opposed to sony who's only intent is to force certain products into mainstream. Yes Nintendo also wants money but thats NOT the bottom line for them.

Celestial have you bought your p$3? Just curious? Or are you waiting for Final Fantasy XIII? And if so which one do you plan on buying? All 3 or 4?

---Brian--- said:
Getting one soon, £400 aint that much, i dont understand why peope are fussing about £400, just tight ass bitches if you ask me, The Xbox 360 is just as dear if you want to play Dvd's on it. I will be gettng a Ps3 very soon, been working in Game to earn enough for it, plus i get a 10% discount on it if I buy it from Game=) for £400 your getting an entire home entertainment system, bargain!

There is no need for swearing, i have to agree with squall7 on this.... It's people like who cause me to say that the mods are never around when they need to be around. Calling people stupid and calling people tight ass bitches? how do you expect to get respect from people,if you are going to talk about them like that.....

BUT you must be out your friggin mind, talking about that isn't nothing to complain about...... If nintendo did cost that much i wouldn't buy it... I'm not askig for a home entertainment system, I want a damn game system and thats it. $600 is to much for me to spend on a console, no matter who makes it..

So what the xbox 360 cost that much with a dvd player, at least you have a choice whether you want it or not. So your point can't be use in this case. The whole point is, sony over did it with this one and it is to costly for the average gamer.

MasterJedi2U said:
Nintendo wants to create great games and a great system for everyone to enjoy. I think the philisophy behind Nintendo is more sincere and something to be admired as opposed to sony who's only intent is to force certain products into mainstream. Yes Nintendo also wants money but thats NOT the bottom line for them.

Celestial have you bought your p$3? Just curious? Or are you waiting for Final Fantasy XIII? And if so which one do you plan on buying? All 3 or 4?

But that's all, and I mean all, opinion. That's fine by me, I'm really not that fussed, but you can't use that for an argument.

Uh yeah I can cuz its not an opinion. Its pretty much common sense...at least when it comes to Nintendo. But w/e you're obviously a sony supporter (or for lack of a better word fanboy) so theres no arguing with you people.

MasterJedi2U said:
Uh yeah I can cuz its not an opinion. Its pretty much common sense...at least when it comes to Nintendo. But w/e you're obviously a sony supporter (or for lack of a better word fanboy) so theres no arguing with you people.

You say the funniest things sometimes. You really see nintendo as the golden god who wishes you to be happy? Look its your opinion that you think nintendo only wants to make the world better with good games and happy feelings.

The fact is, that nintendo, sony, and microsoft are all businesses. Look at nintendos history. They are a business with one goal. To make profit. You think they focus on innovation just for fun? No they do it because they want to make a profit. Every business wants to make more money than their initial investment on a product, that is how they grow. You cant demonize sony for wanting to make money when nintendo is doing the same thing. I think its also interesting to point out that Nintendo is the only console in so many years to make a system that actually makes profit off its console sales.
What does that say? That says they did not want to include better hardware like an up to date GPU because they wanted to make a profit off of the sales of the console itself. They wanted to know, that in case their product fails, they would not lose money for their consoles like Sony and Microsoft.

Did you know that nintendo used to be a card company, and a taxi company... get this they also had Love Hotels. Those are hotels where people pay to have sex. They didnt do all this so they can bring better games to everyone, they did it to make money. They are a multinational corporation now. Money is everything for them. Sony too, Microsoft also. The difference though between them is that both Sony and Microsoft have more than one kind of product on the market, and therefore have more sources of income. Right now, Nintendo relies purely on their IPs (intellectual properties). Their franchises like Mario and Zelda are merely cash cows to keep nintendo alive. Thats just the fact of it.

Please stop confusing facts with opinions, or if you have opinions you back them up with facts to make a logical hypothesis that could be true.

MasterJedi2U said:

Hilarious, I actually prefer Nintendo, I've had a Wii since December, I got my PS3 two days ago. The ignorance, it's quite amazing to be honest. I hate ignorance, it pisses me off and calling me a Sony fanboy simply because I made an obvious point merits a reply. You're stating opinion. I just read in one of your posts that you go to one of America's best Universities yet you can't distinguish between a positive and normal statement? I don't want to start another little flaming war but I'm pretty sure that we can say you started the aggressive talk. Shift's right, he's written exactly what I was going to write only lengthier.

Shiftfallout said:
You say the funniest things sometimes. You really see nintendo as the golden god who wishes you to be happy? Look its your opinion that you think nintendo only wants to make the world better with good games and happy feelings.

The fact is, that nintendo, sony, and microsoft are all businesses. Look at nintendos history. They are a business with one goal. To make profit. You think they focus on innovation just for fun? No they do it because they want to make a profit. Every business wants to make more money than their initial investment on a product, that is how they grow. You cant demonize sony for wanting to make money when nintendo is doing the same thing. I think its also interesting to point out that Nintendo is the only console in so many years to make a system that actually makes profit off its console sales.
What does that say? That says they did not want to include better hardware like an up to date GPU because they wanted to make a profit off of the sales of the console itself. They wanted to know, that in case their product fails, they would not lose money for their consoles like Sony and Microsoft.

Did you know that nintendo used to be a card company, and a taxi company... get this they also had Love Hotels. Those are hotels where people pay to have sex. They didnt do all this so they can bring better games to everyone, they did it to make money. They are a multinational corporation now. Money is everything for them. Sony too, Microsoft also. The difference though between them is that both Sony and Microsoft have more than one kind of product on the market, and therefore have more sources of income. Right now, Nintendo relies purely on their IPs (intellectual properties). Their franchises like Mario and Zelda are merely cash cows to keep nintendo alive. Thats just the fact of it.

Please stop confusing facts with opinions, or if you have opinions you back them up with facts to make a logical hypothesis that could be true.

Don't think me nor anyone could have put it better.

Ohh and sorry about the offensive language everyone, i just get annoyed when i see someone saying "I haven't played the ps3, but i don't like it." How the hell do you know wether u like it or not if you've never played one.......

Hold up where did I say Nintendo did NOT want to make a profit. Obviously they're a business. In order for them to suceed they NEED to make a profit. Especially since unlike money oriented greedy sony they rely soley on their games and their console sales...you people are ridiculous. ALL I said was that Nintendo wants to make games for people to enjoy. Is that such a bad thing? I don't think so. Flame if you want and continue to show your massive hardon for all things p$3. Meanwhile I will continue to laugh hysterically at your defense of such a horrible product. And shift quit putting words in my mouth. I could care less about your long ass essays that don't mean ****.

And chaz what point were you trying to make? That 600 Dollars isn't a lot or something? I don't get it. And if you actually have a Wii then fine. You're acting like its a piece of **** which it isn't. 2nd I don't talk to you much nor have I seen you around so I don't have much to make a judgement on you so I do apologize for calling you a sony fanboy (although if you read anything you'd see I said for lack of a better term). God I wish people would calm the **** down on this forum.

Last edited:
MasterJedi2U said:
Hold up where did I say Nintendo did NOT want to make a profit. Obviously they're a business. In order for them to suceed they NEED to make a profit. Especially since unlike money oriented greedy sony they rely soley on their games and their console sales...you people are ridiculous. ALL I said was that Nintendo wants to make games for people to enjoy. Is that such a bad thing? I don't think so. Flame if you want and continue to show your massive hardon for all things p$3. Meanwhile I will continue to laugh hysterically at your defense of such a horrible product. And shift quit putting words in my mouth. I could care less about your long ass essays that don't mean ****.

And chaz what point were you trying to make? That 600 Dollars isn't a lot or something? I don't get it. And if you actually have a Wii then fine. You're acting like its a piece of **** which it isn't. 2nd I don't talk to you much nor have I seen you around so I don't have much to make a judgement on you so I do apologize for calling you a sony fanboy (although if you read anything you'd see I said for lack of a better term). God I wish people would calm the **** down on this forum.

But here we go again, you have no PROOF that Sony is greedy and that their product is ****. You have no prrof that Nintendo make games for people to enjoy them. They might well do but you don't have proof. It's opinion no matter what you might think. I don't particularly like Sony myself, but having tried a Ps3, I quite enjoy it, I don't give a **** who made it, it's, in my opinion, a good consle. Plus I somehow don't think you read my post. Nevermind.

Oh, and for the record, this all started when you accused Sony of only having money in mind, which I thought, seemed like a somewhat stupid remark.

i gotta be honest i have all 3 consoles and the ps3 really rocks motorstorm is awsome just wait till developers get the hang of it:thumbsup: :cornut:

Back