PS3 Murks The Entire Mii System And Wii With This

Lol you know it....SkyNet as well...I'm so afraid of the global destruction Sony's executives are planning. I honestly think that they are working for the Devil sometimes. And to the jerk above who says the Wii should be pissed on...get a life. If your beloved graphical whore computer (I refuse to call it a gaming console) was so good it would be outselling the Wii like the PS2. Instead its so pathetic that it has to copy Nintendo's ideas in order to try and save itself from machine heaven.

Now, after I thought about this, I'm kinda meh about Home. It's a nice idea but I'm not that impressed really. It's not like it's something we've never seen before, it's just now on a console.

Jer5078 said:
Okay lets see, Sony does not suck at making consoles, you just had to have some excuse because they do not rip off nintendo or xbox, they make consoles that are better then them. Your saying the wii is a lot more simple and less graphical but more people have them, well more people have them because of the price and that is it; then those people realize that they just spent the $250 and are going to continue to spend more on wii points, see the whole wii points thing is a cover up for nintendo, people buy the VC games even though they have them laying around. So that is nintendo's way of making the system seem cheap, but really isn't. With all the VC games you end up spending a lot, not to mention the $60 controllers ( remote+nunchuck) and then the $20 classic controller. They are making money off of that, lets say everyone buys 3 extra controllers and nunchucks so they can have 4 people play at once, that is $180 right there, $30 more then buying 3 extra PS3 controllers. Then lets say they also buy 2 Classic Controllers so they can have someone play a VC game with them that requires the classic controller, there is another $40. Then the person wants 5 VC games, depending on the games this can cost a lot. Lets say 3 Wii points cards. Another $60 for old games that you can get off the internet for free or just go to your old system that is somewhere around your house and hook it up.

Couldnt have said better myself. The console is cheap, but the accessories are expensive. The controller isnt worth $60. It should be more like $35-$40 for the uncomfortable pos. At least the sony remote is actually comfortable, and thats the only remote you will ever need to play games on the system. Unlike the wii where you need to buy a different controller to play games you download.

KyleForMe said:
Playstation Home brings us one step closer to the matrix.:tard:

lol gaming systems fighting for controll of your life... "which online world will you live in?"

i still think its cool, not really unique i expected them to do that, same way for nintendo just seems to be an cheep easy way to get people online, and while there at it throw more stuff at them... i dont think they should use it as primary way of online play for any system though, we should still be able to just pop it in and hit play online... not walk through the imaginary world looking for players and getting hit with adds...lol sometimes you dont want to sit there talking to people even if you know them... even if they are a mii/sim you just wanna get online and play

It isn't like Sony came up with the idea for Home yesterday. They had to be working on this for years. I don't think this is really copying Miis, because customizing characters goes way back. Now copying MS's achievements - guilty. But that is free enterprise for you.

Last edited:
wezeles said:
lol gaming systems fighting for controll of your life... "which online world will you live in?"

i still think its cool, not really unique i expected them to do that, same way for nintendo just seems to be an cheep easy way to get people online, and while there at it throw more stuff at them... i dont think they should use it as primary way of online play for any system though, we should still be able to just pop it in and hit play online... not walk through the imaginary world looking for players and getting hit with adds...lol sometimes you dont want to sit there talking to people even if you know them... even if they are a mii/sim you just wanna get online and play
it wont
it was just praised as a way to find people to fight and play with on games

Unfair to call this a Mii copy.

Obviously this is a Wii site so the general attitudes is expected, and I don't know the general age of the users here, but if the majority of you think building an engine and infrasture like Home can be done in three months, I'm assuming you don't know too much about development in general and probably shouldn't go into a career with coding involved.

How long are games (even simple ones) in development? Usually a year for crap titles, a lot longer for AAA titles.

Home seems fairly complex, interacting with the HD, streaming video, pulling html into the engine, complex physics, chat, launching games, and god knows what else (I forgot what else was mentioned in the keynote).

So please, before calling it a copy, try to understand that something like this could not be in development for only 3 months, and going beta in April. Harrison has stated in interviews that this has been in development since 2005, which in my opinion, is a lot more realistic than a 3 month development process. But hey, believe what you have to believe.

No need to get upset over anything. Two completely different markets.

dsm91 said:
Unfair to call this a Mii copy.

Obviously this is a Wii site so the general attitudes is expected, and I don't know the general age of the users here, but if the majority of you think building an engine and infrasture like Home can be done in three months, I'm assuming you don't know too much about development in general and probably shouldn't go into a career with coding involved.

How long are games (even simple ones) in development? Usually a year for crap titles, a lot longer for AAA titles.

Home seems fairly complex, interacting with the HD, streaming video, pulling html into the engine, complex physics, chat, launching games, and god knows what else (I forgot what else was mentioned in the keynote).

So please, before calling it a copy, try to understand that something like this could not be in development for only 3 months, and going beta in April. Harrison has stated in interviews that this has been in development since 2005, which in my opinion, is a lot more realistic than a 3 month development process. But hey, believe what you have to believe.

No need to get upset over anything. Two completely different markets.

Actually, it wouldnt take as long as ur hinting for this. MMORPG games have alot more then this to incorporate (some) and have been up just as fast. Im not saying they copied the Miis. but just saying that.

And i sense this to be mainly just a moneygrab/advertising scheme in disquise for the Ps3. But it should be a kick for sure.. for awhile.

Mistwiiver said:
Now copying MS's achievements - guilty. But that is free enterprise for you.

I wouldn't say that. Other game systems and companies have offered rewards or points for achieving certain events in games. The concept is there, the action is different.

jer5078 said:
Okay lets see, Sony does not suck at making consoles, you just had to have some excuse because they do not rip off nintendo or xbox, they make consoles that are better then them.
Ah, I see. That's why the Wii (in a matter of months) has already sold more than half the amount the 360 has which has been out much longer. Though that's unfair, because the Wii is a new console which means it sells more than it will in the next 5 months; but, I know people that are going to get the Wii just for games like SSBB and Galaxy, making sales go back up. PS3 is having the best sales it's going to have and still it's losing by a huge deficit.
Your saying the wii is a lot more simple and less graphical but more people have them, well more people have them because of the price and that is it; then those people realize that they just spent the $250 and are going to continue to spend more on wii points, see the whole wii points thing is a cover up for nintendo
That's exactly why the hell Sony messed up big time, the price.

What the hell do you mean the shop channel is a cover up for Nintendo? You just said the whole reason people buy the console is because of the price, but now the shop channel is a cover up? Contradiction...plus, it's so gamers can access their previous favorites, so while the PS3 had their terrible launch games, the Wii had LoZ, Red Steel, plus all these VC games (an extra 16 or so); it actually gave people more for their money. Great move by Nintendo if you ask me.
people buy the VC games even though they have them laying around. So that is nintendo's way of making the system seem cheap, but really isn't. With all the VC games you end up spending a lot
You don't have to buy the games...it's an option. You don't have to buy a game if you buy the system, they're there if you want them; again, a great idea.
not to mention the $60 controllers ( remote+nunchuck) and then the $20 classic controller. They are making money off of that, lets say everyone buys 3 extra controllers and nunchucks so they can have 4 people play at once, that is $180 right there, $30 more then buying 3 extra PS3 controllers. Then lets say they also buy 2 Classic Controllers so they can have someone play a VC game with them that requires the classic controller, there is another $40.
Yes, the controllers are expensive. I agree with you, however, the controller doesn't die every 2 months. You buy them...and they're there for good (unless you do something stupid and somehow break them). The classic controller is only $20 like any other controller, sure it's just some extra "piece of equipment", but look at what you have to buy for the 360; the other great console, but it comes at a price, literally.

Plus, the controllers are something new, I don't really want to buy 3 extra PS3 controllers, I would complain wanting to just use my old PS2 controllers (the exact same thing), however with the wiimotes you can't do that. The whole idea of the wiimote was to change the way people look at games, and because of the wiimotes, Nintendo has drawn in a enormous community that never touched a normal controller in their life.
Then the person wants 5 VC games, depending on the games this can cost a lot. Lets say 3 Wii points cards. Another $60 for old games that you can get off the internet for free or just go to your old system that is somewhere around your house and hook it up.
Like I already said, you don't HAVE TO BUY THE FREAKING VC GAMES; go pirate them for free, Nintendo isn't going to hunt you down and kill you for not buying them off the shop channel. Or, like you said, go play your NES/SNES/N64; who gives a damn? If the person is so lazy to buy them off the shop channel, hip ha hooray, money for Nintendo, but they didn't have to.

One other thing, people also like buying VC titles on their Wii just so they can use the new Classic Controller; Everyone I know loves the controller, they say they love it.

Axtlar said:
No they can't..they can't even think of a new controller, they use the same fu**ing one for each console. those bastards
you`re right PS1=PS2=PS3=PSP (only with better grapichs) xd

Farid said:
you`re right PS1=PS2=PS3=PSP (only with better grapichs) xd
their not the same, theyve evolved now to the point where theres motion sensing:yikes:
+ its kinda annoying how if the wii had a regular controller then no one would be complaining about this for it, but now since it brought this new controller out of the blue, the controllers that are made just for gaming are alll of a sudden "bad"

Sovieto said:
their not the same, theyve evolved now to the point where theres motion sensing:yikes:
Don't don't forget no more rumble!!! :) What a great evolution, they actually lost something some of us loved (and there could've been the choice to turn it off or not, I mean c'mon, common sense).

ssbb_lover said:
Don't don't forget no more rumble!!! :) What a great evolution, they actually lost something some of us loved (and there could've been the choice to turn it off or not, I mean c'mon, common sense).
we lost hair all around us for a bigger brain;)

Back