PS3 Murks The Entire Mii System And Wii With This

Sovieto said:
we lost hair all around us for a bigger brain;)
:lol: You should have someone quote that in their sig....of course it wouldn't make much sense because they wouldn't understand what you were talking about...ok, i'm gonna quit talking...nnn.....nnnn.....now. ;)

i don't think that ps3 home is even comparable to the miis...... i mean c'mon......for the wii you make little versions of people and uhhhh.....thats about it. ps3 home looks freakin sweet!

its just the same concept.. a sim of yourself to keep your stats,profile, and to be used in online game play.. granted its a much cleaner version.. not bubbly and cartoon like nintendo did.. but still the same idea... if anything i would be more upset that they ripped off sims online then the mii's its almost identical to what you can do with the sims... just adapted to the ps3..

buy new clothes and funrniture, setup your own place invite people you know over.. go out in the community talk with people and interact with them... i would think if anyone had a claim to a lawsuit it would be EA for ripping off there sims.. im just curious all this stuff you can add to your home character? are you acctually gonna have to buy it? or earn it?

PtonJalken said:
Actually, it wouldnt take as long as ur hinting for this. MMORPG games have alot more then this to incorporate (some) and have been up just as fast. Im not saying they copied the Miis. but just saying that.

And i sense this to be mainly just a moneygrab/advertising scheme in disquise for the Ps3. But it should be a kick for sure.. for awhile.

Can you name those MMORPG's that went up that fast? I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just curious. And yes, I really do wish that games could come out in 6 month intervals. It would benefit us all. Flow was supposed to be released near the PS3 launch, but took an additional 2 1/2 months to tweak. Flow looks much simpler than Home. I just don't see planning, building the necessary infrastructure, concept art and art direction, 3D modeling, creating a physics engine and who knows what else to take place in such a short time. If the Home team was able to do this in that short amount of time, hire them for the Killzone game. That thing has been MIA for 2 years now!

I totally agree that Home is a just another revenue stream for Sony. They will make the majority of their money with ads, just like how Myspace and YouTube is free, but they are raking in the dow.

Sovieto said:
their not the same, theyve evolved now to the point where theres motion sensing:yikes:
+ its kinda annoying how if the wii had a regular controller then no one would be complaining about this for it, but now since it brought this new controller out of the blue, the controllers that are made just for gaming are alll of a sudden "bad"

well thats just the point. nintendo at least did something diffrent with their controllers. every nintendo system had a diffrent controller. ps has the same design. they where gonna use that boomerang crap. then seen the wii and said "aww the hell with it. we will take out the rumble and add motion sensing." from what i was seeing and hearing the motion sensing on the ps3 isnt all that great seems more like a gimmick than evolution.

before you go saying the wii was a gimmick as well think about this. when you first heard anything about the wii as far as hardware and what comes with it. that what you got. ps3 on the other hand shown one system. then when it came out it was diffrent plus they didnt even give you the s video cable. you had to buy it.

Celestial said:
You know what's more fun than insulting consoles, or playing your wii, 360 or ps3..? Going out :)
As in with gf/bf, or just...movies for the hell of it?

Celestial said:
You know what's more fun than insulting consoles, or playing your wii, 360 or ps3..? Going out :)

no way, they can just go on home. weight gain included.

lucky buggers...
lmao.

The MIIS IDEAS WAS STOLEN

They have custom characters (just like thousands of games) and you walk around in a massive online world chatting, playing games, building, exploring..

Damn it sounds just like the Mii's!!!

#%!#@^@

We all knew that Sony was gong to steal the ideas from Live and Miis and polymerize them into singular entity...Home. Like it or not, Nintendo should have done this first and I'm sure that they would have eventually done that. Unfortunately, Nintendo likes to move to their own beat often. Home is a ripoff in every sense and I would be surprised if it trumps both Live and Wii online by 2007.

ssbb_lover said:
As in with gf/bf, or just...movies for the hell of it?
you could easily go out and take a drink or go to parties or even to a "disco" thats what i do every friday and saturday night ;D

Although I applaud Sony for at least trying to generate interest in their gigantic £440 paperweight I have to say that I don't really know wtf Home is all about? I mean I'm not so pathetic that I need Sony to give me a f*cking "second life" on my PS3?!

I have an even better thing that allows me to socialize with my friends. Its got better graphics - better sound - and its an all-round immersive experience... ITS CALLED (REAL) LIFE!

BrandonMcAuslan said:
TS CALLED (REAL) LIFE!

Take your advice and get out of the forums then. Didnt you read the sign, said no trolls and fanboys allowed. But maybe i gave you too much credit for your reading comprehension skills.

Back