PS3 sucks, now tell me why not to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just have my wii but if i bought another console it would be a 360.

i dont mind the ps3 but dont like how they make it a blu-ray movie player also and try to hook you both ways.

oh and i remember being mad at the ps1(crash bandicoot) when the n64 came out with mario 64.

To the post above: Um, bro, why not make it both ways? Jesus ****ing christ, isn't more better for you? Lol.

And by the way, this thread is awesome. Good job, OP.

Oh wait, don't wanna make any spam nazis upset. Uhhh, I think the Wii sucks and the PS3 is better. kthx bai

Wii isnt as good because of its graphics and very few good games
I disagree about the good games part. There's quite a few of the Wii's collection that I've very much enjoyed.

PS3 has
Good Graphics
Check. Although good graphics can be done on all consoles (just depends on how developers handle the hardware and utilise an art style).
Messaging System
Doesn't pretty much all three have some form of messaging system?
Bluetooth Compatability
Check. Though I've never used Bluetooth. Never had equipment that utilize it.
Play Online with Ease (No Friends Codes)
Check, although Live also has that. I can understand Nintendo's point though, friendcodes are safe because they're a bugger to type in all your friends.
Plays Blueray
Check.
Includes USB slots for USB's or other USB2 Items.
Once again, all three have this. Although as far as I'm aware, it's only the PS3's USB's that enable you to plug in external storage space.
Has most of the popular games except Halo... But then again PS3 has Resistance.
Check. Although not all. I still love my Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead. Though I think a fair amount of decent titles have eventually gone to PS3 (such as Bioshock). Although there is sometimes differences, especially with DLC (such as GTA4's episodes, which are not on the PS3 version).
Includes PSN Store with Free Playable Demos
Check. Although Xbox has it's own Free playable demos at it's store, and Wii has the Wii Shopping Channel as well as the Nintendo Channel, which does do demos, though I'm not sure if they are DS only).
Customizable (Themes, Wallpapers, etc.)
Check. Although there are Avatars, wallpapers and themes for the 360. On the Wii, you can move channels about, but can't change the look.
Probably more people play PS3 than Wii so Easier to find game rooms.
ex. For CoD4 I find a room with about atleast 12 people.
with SSBB it takes quite a while just to get one person in and it lags A LOT.
Check. Although SSBB is a bad example of Nintendo's online play capabilities. Mario Kart Wii's online is great though. Usually find quite a few people playing on there. Also, COD4 is a popular game. Take an older less popular game and you'll probably see a difference. Plus, then there's Live, which I easily find people to play with.

If you don't really believe me on any of these just try a ps3.
While I do intend on getting a PS3 soon, I just have to say that quite a few of your points are not exclusive to PS3. Likewise, it's all a matter of opinion. I personally don't have a HDTV so Blu-ray isn't that important to me. I also don't really download many demos or tonnes of songs, so storage space isn't too much of an issue for me (although a bigger hard drive would be nice).

Wii isnt as good because of its graphics and very few good games
I disagree about the good games part. There's quite a few of the Wii's collection that I've very much enjoyed.

PS3 has
Good Graphics
Check. Although good graphics can be done on all consoles (just depends on how developers handle the hardware and utilise an art style).

Doesn't pretty much all three have some form of messaging system?

Check. Though I've never used Bluetooth. Never had equipment that utilize it.

Check, although Live also has that. I can understand Nintendo's point though, friendcodes are safe because they're a bugger to type in all your friends.

Check.

Once again, all three have this. Although as far as I'm aware, it's only the PS3's USB's that enable you to plug in external storage space.

Check. Although not all. I still love my Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead. Though I think a fair amount of decent titles have eventually gone to PS3 (such as Bioshock). Although there is sometimes differences, especially with DLC (such as GTA4's episodes, which are not on the PS3 version).

Check. Although Xbox has it's own Free playable demos at it's store, and Wii has the Wii Shopping Channel as well as the Nintendo Channel, which does do demos, though I'm not sure if they are DS only).

Check. Although there are Avatars, wallpapers and themes for the 360. On the Wii, you can move channels about, but can't change the look.
Probably more people play PS3 than Wii so Easier to find game rooms.
ex. For CoD4 I find a room with about atleast 12 people.
with SSBB it takes quite a while just to get one person in and it lags A LOT.
Check. Although SSBB is a bad example of Nintendo's online play capabilities. Mario Kart Wii's online is great though. Usually find quite a few people playing on there. Also, COD4 is a popular game. Take an older less popular game and you'll probably see a difference. Plus, then there's Live, which I easily find people to play with.

If you don't really believe me on any of these just try a ps3.
While I do intend on getting a PS3 soon, I just have to say that quite a few of your points are not exclusive to PS3. Likewise, it's all a matter of opinion. I personally don't have a HDTV so Blu-ray isn't that important to me. I also don't really download many demos or tonnes of songs, so storage space isn't too much of an issue for me (although a bigger hard drive would be nice).

i understand what you mean but brawl is a popular game. it shud atleast have good online O__O
anyways yes the xbox does offer the same features but.. really a fee to play online? sure its small but just to play online!!?? you're alreddy paying for internet and electricity now to play live? =P

i guess the main point i missed is that.. if you dont play online or buy a game every once in awhile the wii starts getting boring and then u resort to your PC if you dont have another game console

i understand what you mean but brawl is a popular game. it shud atleast have good online O__O
True, it's online should have been far better. Hopefully if they do another one, it will have its issues fixed.
anyways yes the xbox does offer the same features but.. really a fee to play online? sure its small but just to play online!!?? you're alreddy paying for internet and electricity now to play live? =P
True. I used to think Gold was a waste of money, but to be honest, I'm okay with the cost for the most part. I've never had a problem with it personally, I would like a free service, but atm I'm okay with paying. Though I'd be interested in finding out how good the PSN service is.

i guess the main point i missed is that.. if you dont play online or buy a game every once in awhile the wii starts getting boring and then u resort to your PC if you dont have another game console
True. Although I have a Wii, 360, DS, PS2, N64 and SNES, but I am actually still starting to play PC a little more, since Team Fortress 2's special Halloween offer on steam. I think in my case, I collect every game I buy since I never know when I'll get nostalgic and want to go back and play some Golden Oldies. It's not necessarily because I get bored of games, but because I feel like I've finished the challenge of a game. I suppose it depends on why you personally play though, some play for escapism, some for the challenge. Probably other reasons for playing, but I think that's for another thread I suppose.

Ugh... I woke up with a spider in my mouth today.

Still, my opinions on the gaming market have changed greatly. Mainly because I'm not as avid of a gamer and I own all three consoles.

While I believe I prefer my 360 over the rest. The PS3 is very nice. I believe the Wii had the best introduction to the market though. It was affordable, a Nintendo console, and worked perfectly right from launch day.

In the long-term it didn't suffice for me and with my growing love for JRPGs both the 360 and PS3 provided more options for me.

The PS3 might win my long-term vote though.

Shiftfallout, that was his name! I'd been trying to remember it for the past four months.

Ugh... I woke up with a spider in my mouth today.

Still, my opinions on the gaming market have changed greatly. Mainly because I'm not as avid of a gamer and I own all three consoles.

While I believe I prefer my 360 over the rest. The PS3 is very nice. I believe the Wii had the best introduction to the market though. It was affordable, a Nintendo console, and worked perfectly right from launch day.

In the long-term it didn't suffice for me and with my growing love for JRPGs both the 360 and PS3 provided more options for me.

The PS3 might win my long-term vote though.

Shiftfallout, that was his name! I'd been trying to remember it for the past four months.
Eww, spider?! Lol. Makes me think of that episode of Red Dwarf season 5...

Not interested in New Mario Bros Wii then? Or Dead Space Extraction. I think there has been a lacklustre of decent Wii software recently (although they do come out periodically), though there are still titles for the Wii I want to get. Shame so many people overlook the better Wii games.

I remember Shiftfallout. He was okay most of the time, he argued maturely. I still remember PS3fan or something like that. He was awful. Complete troll.

Eww, spider?! Lol. Makes me think of that episode of Red Dwarf season 5...

Not interested in New Mario Bros Wii then? Or Dead Space Extraction. I think there has been a lacklustre of decent Wii software recently (although they do come out periodically), though there are still titles for the Wii I want to get. Shame so many people overlook the better Wii games.

I remember Shiftfallout. He was okay most of the time, he argued maturely. I still remember PS3fan or something like that. He was awful. Complete troll.

New Mario Bros seems like it would be incredibly short... and from what I've seen incredibly watered down as well. The DS version was already somewhat disappointing for it's price.

As for Dead Space. I haven't even played the first one yet. Extraction looks rather average. Like how I felt about the Conduit except less colorful.

I'm interested in Tales of Graces. I hope that one will make it stateside.

Wiitendo said:
Wii is NOTHING like the ps3 please don't discrase nintendo by saying this. Wii has controller, VC, GOOD internet browser, amazing franchise, everybody votes channel, miis, cool cheap and 2.3 pounds VS the 11 pound junkie.
Hey fanboy, how old are you? 12, 13? Lets spell disgrace properly. Saying the wii has a controller is like saying humans have legs. Every console has a controller. An internet browser is not a good enough reason to support a system, good is subjective, a vote channel is also pointless, miis? still not good enough. Cheap, yes your right, its made out of the cheapest material around thats why it cost less.

Basically let me give you a lesson, if you are going to try arguing to support another system, give GOOD reasons, not dumb crap that is more air than substance.

Finally, you are not open to discussion, you already have a preset opinion that based of any facts you will refuse to accept and fight everystep of the way. This is not only trollish, but incredibly fanboyish.
Read the forum rules, it says leave it at the door. Grow up.

shut up the wii is a good system and it is not made out of chep plastk

Dont try to argue with costs as your just talking to your self

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back