SSB not that fun?

Who said I hated SSBB?

Anyone who thinks I hate it isn't paying attention to what's being said.

HyPeRsHoCk said:
To be honest, any SSB game is not that good without people. You need people to play multiplayer with, otherwise the game is pretty much useless.

Not exactly, sure its more fun with other people but there is so much you can do by yourself. Classic Mode, Adventure Mode, Event Match and Online Play in case you need a fix of playing someone else when you can't have people over etc. There is enough for you to enjoy and do in single player.

As for me, this game is great. This comes from a guy who didn't like the N64 version, and thought the Gamecube version was alright but would never consider buying it. Brawl just has so much more going for it, it looked so great (and it is). Well worth the money, and its a game that will take you a long time to complete all the way through. Something most of the other fighting titles don't have going for them.

the fun is in unlocking and trying to get EVERYTHING. i still yet to see the day when someone gets all (i mean everything) in brawl.

heh. when i started playing the first minute i wasnt wowed then again i wasnt trying to wow myself either. i was just trying to unlock **** as quickly as possible. got all the chars in 21 hrs and started to play online. SSE seemed like a real drag even so much so that i wish we had adventure mode again (with cutscenes). they took the challenges idea from kirby air ride which is just another reason to grind target tests and home run contests and completing every mode with every guy. i didnt think about returning it but i did wonder if it was worth a midnight release... final smashes are kind of worn out already. online is the best new thing i can think of in this game right now and that isnt saying much.

im not sure that playing ssbm or ssb had anything to do with it because i did and now im saying it took 6.5 years to give us this? its not that they took something away or didnt add something i could of wanted but its very quickly become the same sort of game i was playing 6 years ago.

sremick said:
It's this mentality which is the problem I am talking about. Maybe they just don't like fighting games?

Fighting games don't have universal appeal, even if you think they're the greatest thing ever invented.
I HATE fighting games but I love SSBB.

SSBB just has a lot more appeal than Soul Calibur with the depressing voice before each stage.

Yeah, I think SSB is boring. Thats why I haven't bought/rented brawl, and I don't really have any plans to. I might try it if a friend gets it, though.

mushroomedmario said:
no, actually it's not accurate at all, that's more like street fighter or soul calibur,

the gameplay has tons of buttons to use, the point that the paragraph is making is that you don't have to memorize combos like a, b, z, x, y, a, y, b, down, x

those buttons are still implemented in the game,

it's more like

1. spawn
2. can't put in one sentence because there are too many possibilities
3. whoever can land a good smash hit(which could be challenging since there is dodging and sheilding) once their opponent is at a high percentage might win
(if their opponent doesn't make it back)
That's like saying to play Forza you hold down a button and push the stick left and right.

your playing by yourself... the game is made for the multiplayer action. find some friends to play with and it'll be amazing for you...

People that are saying that Smash Bros. is just an average fighter have not yet seen my self-patented "Nintendo Theory (TM)"
Nintendo+Classic characters+ zany gameplay= some of the greatest games ever created (you can also multiply the whole equation by 1-3 friends, but that's not always necessary.) That's what Brawl is, and I find that formula to hold true to it. Brawl is one of the best, if not THE best, game I have ever played.
P.S: This formula also fits with Mario Party.

smash bros isn't a great game in general...

...it's THE great game.

Heh... My god, the reason I love Smash is because its so exclusive. Its something that has mass appeal but still has an exclusive appeal. Its really one-of-a-kind as well Its like two buttons but you have to know the game mechanics in and out before you're pro, like wavedashing in melee and advanced techniques. Juggling, Smashing, Meteor smashing, grabbing, edge guarding, getting to the edge with other specials, using mario's fludd to halt enemies return, timing etc. You have to like Ninty, Gotta like fighting games, and once you're in the smashbros club, its a hella fun.

Its appeal really comes from, Nintendo, the past two games, and its music! This SC, GG, Tekken, KOF, and VF are GOD!! I'm not getting SC4 unless get a PS3 though.

I will get killed for this I know, but I only like SF3 and hate all Mortal Kombats. Marvel vs Capcom and Capcom vs SNK are cool.

sremick said:
It's this mentality which is the problem I am talking about. Maybe they just don't like fighting games?

Fighting games don't have universal appeal, even if you think they're the greatest thing ever invented.

I honestly HATE fighting games. Traditional fighting games that is. You know, the ones in which you must memorize ridiculous button combinations and such.

But I LOVE Brawl. It's so simple to get into, but there is such incredible depth and strategy to the game. Really, I wouldn't even classify it as a fighting, primarily because it is not at all like any other fighting game out there. I'd consider it perhaps a "brawler" or something. This isn't about some slow paced kung fu crap. It's fast paced, no holds brawling, in which anything goes, and there are so very few rules.

Back