Wii Vs PS3 vs Xbox306

UKResist

Gabba 4 Life
Nov 21, 2006
linc UK
Right just question 2 people that owns all 3 or have owned.

I want ya to compare then together and give us which you think is the best,

Giving Downsides and the upsides.

Note If ya a brand Fan Such as Nintendo fan ect. dont reply.

OK Then Let the battle Begin........

No lame posts!!!!!!!!!!!

UKResist said:
Right just question 2 people that owns all 3 or have owned.

I want ya to compare then together and give us which you think is the best,

Giving Downsides and the upsides.

Note If ya a brand Fan Such as Nintendo fan ect. dont reply.

OK Then Let the battle Begin........

No lame posts!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros
Wii:
-Controller brings new style of gameplay to the table. Its simple and fun. If you enjoy simple and fun.
-Its main console is cheap, easy to assemble and a child could even figure out how to use it.
-Its happy and cheerful, light weight and definately has style.
-Can work with portable gaming system DS.
-Channel system that adds to its firmware.
-Miis are cute user made dolls which can be used in some games.

Cons
wii:
-The conroller prices are expensive when you have to get another remote+numchuck. The little accessories make up for the low console price.
-Worst graphical capabilities out of the others. Least advanced hardware short of the controller technology.
-Game selection leans more towards the rated G target audience.
-A large tv is usually a must due to the nature of the remote.

Pros
Xbox 360
-A solid game selection.
-Good online setup
-functions very well as a dvd player
-will have a newly added tivo function
-good hardware (gpu, cpu, hard drive)
-Price is good for the hardware inside.

Cons
Xbox 360
-Xbox live cost money
-Nothing innovative
-Supports HD but does not have an HD drive.
(a pretty solid system, nothing really new to offer, but also nothing really bad about it)

Pro
PS3
-The best and most expensive hardware setup of all the systems.
-Blue ray player and reader (blue ray holds up to 50 gigabytes per disc)
-Controller with basic motion sensoring, will have an added rumble feature later.
-Best Firmware out of all systems.
-Runs linux and has a large large mod community. Home brew, games, apps. Downloadable user made software.
-Runs like a computer. Feels like an open sourse console.
-HOME.
-Pleny of third party controllers and technology made for it.
-Backwards compatability.
-Works with PSP hand held gaming system.
-Potential for the greatest online setup.

Cons
PS3
-PRICE. the most expensive system on the market.
-Lack of great game selection, though depends on the user.
-Is fairly complicated for the average user.
- requires a nice tv to really enjoy.

i would agre with the majoritory of those points

though you might need to add in that wii and ps3 can access an online browser , download centre, weather,news etc

Pros: Wii

pretty much everything about it is amazing

Cons: Wii

NONE

Pros: 360

has HD, that's it

Cons: 360

expinsive
Live costs waaaaay too much
a lot more crap in it

Pros: PS3

NONE

Cons: PS3

Everything is messed up in it
And everything else about it

Wii is the winner, don't give me any crap, I know this is true!

Nfanboy said:

NONE

has HD, that's it

expinsive
a lot more crap in it

NONE

you've got to be kidding me :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Nfanboy said:

NONE

has HD, that's it

expinsive
a lot more crap in it

NONE

FANBOY!!!! LMAO
Whats a 306? I think the Wii is the best for Gameplay. 360 for GFX and PS3 is too much for my Pocket lol

Shiftfallout said:
Pros
Wii:
-Controller brings new style of gameplay to the table. Its simple and fun. If you enjoy simple and fun.
-Its main console is cheap, easy to assemble and a child could even figure out how to use it.
-Its happy and cheerful, light weight and definately has style.
-Can work with portable gaming system DS.
-Channel system that adds to its firmware.
-Miis are cute user made dolls which can be used in some games.

Cons
wii:
-The conroller prices are expensive when you have to get another remote+numchuck. The little accessories make up for the low console price.
-Worst graphical capabilities out of the others. Least advanced hardware short of the controller technology.
-Game selection leans more towards the rated G target audience.
-A large tv is usually a must due to the nature of the remote.

Pros
Xbox 360
-A solid game selection.
-Good online setup
-functions very well as a dvd player
-will have a newly added tivo function
-good hardware (gpu, cpu, hard drive)
-Price is good for the hardware inside.

Cons
Xbox 360
-Xbox live cost money
-Nothing innovative
-Supports HD but does not have an HD drive.
(a pretty solid system, nothing really new to offer, but also nothing really bad about it)

Pro
PS3
-The best and most expensive hardware setup of all the systems.
-Blue ray player and reader (blue ray holds up to 50 gigabytes per disc)
-Controller with basic motion sensoring, will have an added rumble feature later.
-Best Firmware out of all systems.
-Runs linux and has a large large mod community. Home brew, games, apps. Downloadable user made software.
-Runs like a computer. Feels like an open sourse console.
-HOME.
-Pleny of third party controllers and technology made for it.
-Backwards compatability.
-Works with PSP hand held gaming system.
-Potential for the greatest online setup.

Cons
PS3
-PRICE. the most expensive system on the market.
-Lack of great game selection, though depends on the user.
-Is fairly complicated for the average user.
- requires a nice tv to really enjoy.

just commenting on your points:

Wii: G games might be of plenty, but definitly enough T-M games came out this march and so forth. i got a 17" TV in my room and it picks up controllers fine, its all about the sensor bar. And yea the controllers are expensive >.<

Xbox360: Good online yeah. and what is Tivo (havnt read up on xbox lately). It might not have much new but its definitly got lots to offer in games.

Ps3: Why does it have the potential for greatest online setup? And yea its expensive but thats what you get for top of the line. A con to add is that they kinda just bombed most of europe in sales. Hopefully that will speed up.. but they didnt even sell all the consoles on launch so. :/

My Additions:

Wii Pros: Great Gameplay. Selection of games for all audiences. Has Super Smash Bros. Brawl! :D

Wii cons: Graphics are all i really see. But they arent that bad anyways. Its not like they were considered bad 4 months ago before the systems came out. And they will get better so meh.

Xbox360 Pros: Good online. Lots of games for any hardcore gamer. Only focused on hardcore and mature/teen gamers.

Xbox360 Cons: Has to keep fresh or may fall behind. Online has alot of annoying people :p

Ps3 Pros: Other then being powerful i dont really see much. But they have some cool exclusives (if they dont loose them) that should please their fanbase.

Ps3 Cons: Price Price Price. Sure the Ps3 has the best power and top of the line technology, but Sony failed to realize you need to balance Power and Cost. (Like the Wii). Not the greatest selection of games, but we'll see in future.

PtonJalken said:
just commenting on your points:

Ps3: Why does it have the potential for greatest online setup? And yea its expensive but thats what you get for top of the line. A con to add is that they kinda just bombed most of europe in sales. Hopefully that will speed up.. but they didnt even sell all the consoles on launch so. :/

Yes, PS3 has the potential for the greastest online setup. Im talking about at its core, HOME--> which links to various channel like virtual works where your achievements in the games you play effect the world in HOME. Along with what seems like a much more advanced way of meeting players to play games, getting to know them while you play with them in and out of the game. Rewards, contests, trophies, downloads of everysort and business sponsored virtual items. Its potential is there.

A con is not that they bombed any sort of sales. Because sales have no place in a pro - con list. I dont buy a product because a lot of people bought one, sales dont make a better system. Therefore sales mean nothing for a pros and cons consideration.

My Additions:

Wii Pros: Great Gameplay. Selection of games for all audiences. Has Super Smash Bros. Brawl! :D

its usually a good idea to refer to current games already released. Every system has good exclusives coming to it.

Good however is also subjective. Meaning, its not a fact but based purely on the person who plays it. Someone may hate super smash bros and therefor consider it the opposite of a pro. Thats why these things tend to get left out.

Wii cons: Graphics are all i really see. But they arent that bad anyways. Its not like they were considered bad 4 months ago before the systems came out. And they will get better so meh.

Xbox360 Cons: Has to keep fresh or may fall behind. Online has alot of annoying people :p

This is the same with every system. Wii included. The wii games are fun but for how long. Every system needs new material to keep its consumers happy.

I have all three. These are advantages/disadvantages... to ME. They consider the highest models of all consoles (except the Wii, of course, which currently only has one model).

Wii Pros:
-Controller
-Game library -- fun and interesting
-Virtual console
-Slim, sleek design
-Full backward compatibility with GameCube games

Wii Cons:
-480p
-No multimedia features
-No online gaming (yet)
-No ethernet port onboard (out of the box). I don't like using WiFi more than I have to.
-Miis are really nice (they just need used more)

Xbox 360 Pros:
-Halo
-Xbox Live is well established
-HD graphics
-Limited backward compatibility, but things that are backward compatible are upconverted to HD
-DVD upconversion (over PC output or the upcoming HDMI)

Xbox 360 Cons:
-Small hard disk no matter what configuration
-Noisy fan
-No full backward compatibility
-Expensive to get "full potential" (such as the HD-DVD drive)
-Online gaming costs money

PS3 Pros:
-Sony game developers
-Wireless, rechargable controllers
-Bluetooth compatibility with a variety of devices (including keyboards/mice as of Firmware 1.6)
-Near-full backward compatibility (US version), ~75% with the UK version
-HDMI output
-Stunning, HD visuals
-Interfaces with the PSP
-Ability to install another operating system (like Linux) out of the box for a true multimedia experience
-Folding@Home is great for research
-Online gaming is free
-Some hardware is software upgradable (such as the BluRay drive with Firmware 1.6 -- it can now read burned BluRay discs).
-Playstation Home (upcoming)
-Gigabit ethernet AND WiFi onboard
-Unlimited memory cards for PS2 and PS1 games (as much room as there is HD space)
-Ability to save game and program data onto USB memory devices
-Can play back many formats, such as WMA (since firmware 1.6) and MP3
-BluRay playback out of the box

PS3 Cons:
-It's a bit expensive (but a good value if you use all the features)
-No HD upconversion (though Sony has stated they are adding it for movies (maybe games later, through software emulation -- currently rumored)

It may look like the PS3 has the most pros... It has the most pros, to me. It's not necessarily better (or worse).

A little about me, I am a gamer with a desire to use multimedia in any way possible - multimedia on video game consoles is a large advantage to me, and high definition is almost a requirement (the Wii is the only thing I have that isn't HD). To others, the list may be vastly different. I find myself using the PS3 the most, though.

Some of the ps3 pros are kind of uninteresting to me. i mean (not trying to sound like a fanboy) but i really dont care to much about the "Amazing" technology in my console. Pros and cons should bassically consist of gameplay/games/accesories/online and maybe simplicity. ofcourse, you need solid hardware, but i dont think its that big of a deal as long as the graphics are decent and the games run smoothly.

I like that comment, i dont care about specs its about how it plays, good grphixs no good gameplay make a bad game!
It should be all round, not just bout one thing. One could potentialy mess a game up. Say bomberman, man it waz good on N64, now look at it, a total mess man, and B=Act Zero, One word(Garbage)

SuperH said:
I have all three. These are advantages/disadvantages... to ME. They consider the highest models of all consoles (except the Wii, of course, which currently only has one model).

Wii Pros:
-Controller
-Game library -- fun and interesting
-Virtual console
-Slim, sleek design
-Full backward compatibility with GameCube games

Wii Cons:
-480p
-No multimedia features
-No online gaming (yet)
-No ethernet port onboard (out of the box). I don't like using WiFi more than I have to.
-Miis are really nice (they just need used more)

Xbox 360 Pros:
-Halo
-Xbox Live is well established
-HD graphics
-Limited backward compatibility, but things that are backward compatible are upconverted to HD
-DVD upconversion (over PC output or the upcoming HDMI)

Xbox 360 Cons:
-Small hard disk no matter what configuration
-Noisy fan
-No full backward compatibility
-Expensive to get "full potential" (such as the HD-DVD drive)
-Online gaming costs money

PS3 Pros:
-Sony game developers
-Wireless, rechargable controllers
-Bluetooth compatibility with a variety of devices (including keyboards/mice as of Firmware 1.6)
-Near-full backward compatibility (US version), ~75% with the UK version
-HDMI output
-Stunning, HD visuals
-Interfaces with the PSP
-Ability to install another operating system (like Linux) out of the box for a true multimedia experience
-Folding@Home is great for research
-Online gaming is free
-Some hardware is software upgradable (such as the BluRay drive with Firmware 1.6 -- it can now read burned BluRay discs).
-Playstation Home (upcoming)
-Gigabit ethernet AND WiFi onboard
-Unlimited memory cards for PS2 and PS1 games (as much room as there is HD space)
-Ability to save game and program data onto USB memory devices
-Can play back many formats, such as WMA (since firmware 1.6) and MP3
-BluRay playback out of the box

PS3 Cons:
-It's a bit expensive (but a good value if you use all the features)
-No HD upconversion (though Sony has stated they are adding it for movies (maybe games later, through software emulation -- currently rumored)

It may look like the PS3 has the most pros... It has the most pros, to me. It's not necessarily better (or worse).

A little about me, I am a gamer with a desire to use multimedia in any way possible - multimedia on video game consoles is a large advantage to me, and high definition is almost a requirement (the Wii is the only thing I have that isn't HD). To others, the list may be vastly different. I find myself using the PS3 the most, though.

man the ps3 is turning more and more into comp >_<

Back