PS3 sucks, now tell me why not to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
xsoldier1911 said:
I have owned a Wii and Wii Zelda for a few months. I love my Wii, but I plan to buy a PS3 with my wife's 20% off coupon this December at Wal-Mart. I want the PS3 for a few reasons. The PS and PS2 have been very good to me as a gamer. The PS3 will have Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War 3, and some Final Fantasy. My origional PS2 is on its last legs. Finally I would like a Blu-ray player to watch high-def movies on my new 56" Samsung DLP. For those of you that don't like Blu-ray you should give it a chance. it holds 67% more information than the HD-DVD (50gb to 30gb). To top it off every comercial I see on TV for a new movie is either released on both blu-ray and hd-dvd or just blu-ray. I know there are a few studios that are going strictly hd-dvd, but I have yet to see commercials for these titles.
the problem about getting that for a blu-ray player (i would love to have 1) is that the HD-DVD v/s blu-ray war is far from over and if happens to win the HD-DVD, the ps3 will be very dissapoint for a lot of peopleand the ps3 will be a failure (i`m supposing ok) Sony by releasing the ps3 was a DO or DIE move i believe =S

Shiftallout,

Dont you think if sony takes the long term approach for the Ps3 that by the time they get anything really great that most people will have setlled down with the Wii and Xbox360? (Or both since u can get for the price of Ps3 - which is a Kick arse combo).

PtonJalken said:
Shiftallout,

Dont you think if sony takes the long term approach for the Ps3 that by the time they get anything really great that most people will have setlled down with the Wii and Xbox360? (Or both since u can get for the price of Ps3 - which is a Kick arse combo).

Well heres the thing, real gamers will tend buy more than one system. Being a gamer isnt about picking a brand and sticking loyal to it, its about enjoying games where they pop up.

Remember, its not the brands we have to be loyal to, its the brands that have to be loyal to us.

As for their long term approach, they are not aiming to make a machine purely for games. As a multimedia device they are going to use it for a number of things. Also consider the modding community, the PSP and PS3 is the machine of choice. Modders will keep systems going long after they are outdated.
Anyways, if they successfully turn the PS3 into a tool for entertainment and life, then it will last long. If not, then we shall see.

Here's one thing that could be figured into these consoles. The online. IF you took online away from the PS3 and 360, what would you have? Pretty much nothing in game terms. On the PC you can continuously modify games and create new code without the online items, thus making things new over and over.

The reason I say this, is you have to take into mind the availability of not only the console, but the availability of high speed internet. Yes, I know it's really available, but the people in rural areas don't have it yet. And what of people who can only afford the basic dialup?

Shiftfallout said:
Theres a few theories out there that say we come from a giant spaghetti monster who is in fact god, and another one that says the chicken came before the egg, and yet another one that says humans are the direct result of inbreeding monkeys.

... Now we know that just because its a theory doesnt make it true. A theory is a hypothesis which relies on time to prove its correct, usually based off re-occurances and a ratio of success, even then it does not become a fact.

Using "Occam's Razor" that you explain, I could state that the better species between the choices of Human, bonobo Chimpanzee and a slug, by that theory, the slug is the better species. [of course i would say the bonobo has a better life, sex all day and poopflingin by night] Or If I needed surgury for my arm and my options included a complicated healing process that could take over a year or just lopping off my arm. Is then lopping off the arm the best choice? No.

The weight of a console has nothing to do with its functionality. I fail to see why you use it in your argument.

The other thing you seem to forget, is that one is a multimedia device where as the other is simpley a machine that offers friendly gameplay.

Finally, the most important thing you fail to realize, or choose not to realize, is that 1) hightened graphical capabilties CAN make the gaming experience better, its not a fact that it does the opposite. 2) Blueray holds more, much much more. Which means more game content a developer can put into a game and at higher quality. Does that not make the gaming experience better?
By your argument you should be happy playing the NES and not need anything else. Kind of hurts dont it?

1. there are many other theories out there that make sense... are you saying that you dont believe in global warming? or the theory of relativity? i understand that not all theories are correct, but just because one theory isnt plausible doesnt mean that all the others cant be...

<edit> occam's razor is merely referring to the fact that the more complex the option, the more problems that go along with it... so to counter your situations... as humans, there is far more disease and genetic problems that go along with being a human instead of, as you say, a slug. And although i would much rather have the complex arm surgery, there would be far more problems that accompany it than rather, say, lopping off my arm

i apologize, im getting away from the point here

2. i wasnt saying that because the PS3 was eleven pounds ment that it wasnt very good

3. you commented on how heightened graphical abilities can make gameplay better... i agree with that statement. but what you have to realize is that graphics cant save a terrible game (this is going to extremes but, for example, mobile suit gundam- one of the worst games in the history of gaming, may look pretty, but the gameplay is horrible. even its graphics cant save that game.)

4. finally---the nes statement, quite frankly, i'd rather be playing the NES than be playing the ps3 :hand:

Last edited:
Why all the hatin, spread the love, get all 3 next gen console's. As is i got 2/3, and on friday i'll have the 3rd to complete my collection. Buy the consoles for the games, not the fanboy diehards who think crying about rival consoles is cool.

You know the second world war was started from 1 man not liking a jew. do you strive to be a man like that?

Last edited:
retro_joe said:
Why all the hatin, spread the love, get all 3 next gen console's. As is i got 2/3, and on friday i'll have the 3rd to complete my collection. Buy the consoles for the games, not the fanboy diehards who think crying about rival consoles is cool.
Well, retro-joe i cant do that, once a nintendo fan always a nintendo fan.
Down with it since day 1:cool:

retro_joe said:

You know the second world war was started from 1 man not liking a jew. do you strive to be a man like that?
Nah, thats not me, im only sayin i like nintendo from the golden days of NES all the way to Wii!

retro_joe said:

Can i borrow the money for you ?? because i`m not rich =P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back