PS3 sucks, now tell me why not to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'm going to break this down for you I'm eliminating the ones that are the same thing or are fake

1 point Blu-Ray > Regular
7 points Motion sensing < Better motion sensing
6 points Crazy online = crazy online
5 points Playstation home > Mii Plaza
1 point PSP playback < DS compatible
4 points PlayStation Store < Shop Channel

Wii = 15 points
PS3= 9 points

NY_KRaKRocKS said:
Marvel Ulitimate Alliance(sucks for wii) But sucks more for the PS3 have you even played the Wii version
For more, go to ign.com in the ps3 reviews section Why would I spend 5 minutes when I could be doing my homework

hes right though.. alot or atleast most game critics have rated the same games higher for wii that are out on all 3 consoles.. they might just be moderate to crap games, but just the new gameplay seems to give wii and extra star or 2 in rattings because the gameplay keeps you from passing out from boredom.. not that nintendo should slack off on games.. they might take a good chunck of the market this time around with the new gameplay, but the way to keep it is to get the games...

in the end i just want all of them to get better it does nothing but help us... we dont need all the extra bells and whistles.. and if we want them make them add ons not built in... just give us the best cheepest game system and the best games possibal so we get a good bang for our buck... little competition never hurts the customer...

Shiftfallout said:
A visual form might help....
economics4ck5.gif

Boggles the mind, but the low supply actually means more demand and low price. High quantity of the PS3 is more pricey as there is less demand for it.

As for nintendo and sony having a monopoly.. well mono means ONE, so its not much of a monopoly is it. But your also forgetting Microsoft, when theres three, there should be some healthy competition. Nintendo, in order to be successful against the titan that is Xbox has to have a low price system, because right now xbox is selling their system for much cheaper than its actual worth is and it has a ton of games.

So all 3 gaming companies make the Wii? Nintendo and Microsoft make the PS3 as well? Nintendo has a monopoly for the Wii, Sony for PS3, Microsoft for 360. Thus the supply and demand graph for each individual console is very different than one from competitive. With a monopoly, demand can rise and fall despite the price (unless the price itself changes but that occurs infrequently). However, people will still tend to go for the cheaper product.

If you generalize consoles, then the gaming market is competitively monopolistic. The graph will thus still be more different than a competitive market.

RedProdigy said:
So all 3 gaming companies make the Wii? Nintendo and Microsoft make the PS3 as well? Nintendo has a monopoly for the Wii, Sony for PS3, Microsoft for 360. Thus the supply and demand graph for each individual console is very different than one from competitive. With a monopoly, demand can rise and fall despite the price (unless the price itself changes but that occurs infrequently). However, people will still tend to go for the cheaper product.

MY GOD... you're an idiot.

Im not calling you a name, im stating that you really need help.

Cosmonaut, you are right. There is no hope for them at all.

Shiftfallout said:

Twas a valiant effort though dude :cool:
People just need to understand that dissimilar opinions and preferences are good, they keep things interesting and us from being dull and insipid.

Shiftfallout said:
MY GOD... you're an idiot.

Im not calling you a name, im stating that you really need help.

FFS, stop acting like you know everything and anyone who disagrees with you is a noob. Were you not able to say anything meaningful? I know what you're saying and such but I'm just talking economics. Sheesh. You think I'm just throwing words around?! The PS3 is more expensive because Sony made it so, not because of market forces.

..wait. How am I an idiot for correctly pointing out that Nintendo has a monopoly on the Wii? Did I not clarify my original use of monopoly (and I should have).

Last edited:
Sony, by releasing a cheaper blu-ray player is perhaps a sign that they do not have much faith in their PS3 console anymore (to push Blu-ray into the mainstream market).

Is in a rock and a hard place right now. As much as they would love to drop the price on their PS3 console, they can't. It would force Sony to ask for more money in licensing fee's which would have the likely effect of driving up the price of games to 70 or even 80 dollars. Otherwise Sony would lose more money than they would make from having the console out in the open market more.

This is why Sony is releasing the cheaper blu-ray player, because they cannot count on the PS3 bring blu-ray into the open market.

Sony has got some serious thinking to do about how to solve this PS3 issue. Personally when it comes right down to it, i'm not sure the PS3 really matters to sony in the long run; all they need to do is win the blu-ray battle and they would probably be fine. The PS3 as a console is probably dead however; Blu-ray is not. If Blu-ray fails however, the PS3 is most certainly a dead device.

What Sony could do to fix the problem ...

Take the blu-ray player off the PS3 and release the console with DVD games. Price it under the or at the 360. The Cell Broadband would probably be enough to make the console a success.

I dont really care what anyone has to say about my opinions. I feel the way i feel and I like what I like. At the current time I like the Ps2 and the Wii. No matter what anyone else say I will not worry about the ps3 till the price drops. I am a grown man that can think for myself. So with that being said, Fanboys are stupid. Games are fun. If the system doesn't have any worth playing the the system is a waste. I like all games but the ps3 at this point in time is still crap. Ill get one when its not so full of ****.

Shiftfallout said:
Heres an analogy, lets see if your grown up enough make sense of it.
A guy walks up to a car lot with cars for sale, there are two brands. One is the honda civic, and the other the mercedes SLroadster. Now heres the question, which one is better? The honda has more sales over the Mercedes. By your argument the Honda would be the greater car. Does that make it correct?

Heres another analogy. You walk into a supermarket looking for bread. You are directed over to the bakery section. On one shelf is a bunch of generic white bread that seems to be selling fast, behind you is a shelf with freshly baked bread from the bakery. Its not selling as many as the whitie generic sliced bread. Which one is better quality? By your argument, the one selling more is.

The fact of the matter remains, the psp is a vastly superior system that cost as much as the nintendo wii. Its by far a better hand held device, though because not a lot of kids are buying it doesnt make it less good than the DS. Quantity does not always win over quality.

By the way, the wii section is back a few pages. Please troll there.

LOL. The PS3 is not a mercedes SL!? this argument is totally dumbing down the Wii/PS3 debate to new levels.

Does that mean the PS3 is a luxury item. i.e. too expensive for the majority of people to own? (like an SL). In that case way-to-go-Sony! :thumbsup: . Release a games Console that the majority of people can't afford!

The PS3 is also not a loaf of bread... It doesn't even contain flour/wheat! :ee5k:

We need to define the word "better" if we are going to use "pure-logic" as an argument. This is where Pure-logic falls on its ass everytime as a means to prove any point. We can't argue something is "better" until we define what "better" is, and further explain how this applies within the context of our argument.

The PS3/PSP may be more advanced technologically than the Wii/DS. But Demand and sales for the Wii/DS have been vastly greater to that of the PS3/PSP. In turn this means that in future when games are made Nintendo will be a primary development area (in 3rd party terms). If you are making a game do you want to release it to a market of 5 million - or 1 million?

I would like to see Sony implement Rumble - lower their price - get some decent games on the console. Then I would consider it over a 360. But that won't happen

Last edited:
NY_KRaKRocKS said:
:yikes: Insultin my system don't go well wit me. Here you are a$$ Hol3.

Blu-ray games
blu-ray technology
high definition graphics
storage of music
storage of video
storage of pictures
Motion Sensor controller (also with tilt)
bluetooth compatible
list of fun, real hits
crazy online to come out in fall (PLAYSTATION HOME)
PSP playback
PlayStation Store(demos, games, trailers of games and movies)
So if you still like playin a lunchbox worth $50 dollaz tops with no great games or features, then your :crazy: crazy.

I'd like to see details of why this makes it so good because, blu-ray games and technology for sure doesn't make it necessarily any better. Music, video and picture storage has already been done by the PC a long time ago. The Wii has a motion sensing controller that is far superior, the PS3 has just basic motion sensing nothing spectacular....IMO and many others rumble would be a better option over that. Bluetooth isn't important yet and who knows if it ever will truly be. Online still isn't that great and it remains to be seen if it ever will be. There is only one real hit at the moment that isn't really much fun at all. I'll leave the last two features alone so you can retain some dignity though :]

whatever happens .... toshiba is making money since they helped develop the cell broadband processor.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
LOL. The PS3 is not a mercedes SL!? this argument is totally dumbing down the Wii/PS3 debate to new levels.

Does that mean the PS3 is a luxury item. i.e. too expensive for the majority of people to own? (like an SL). In that case way-to-go-Sony! :thumbsup: . Release a games Console that the majority of people can't afford!

Heres one more analogy maybe even you can grasp. A man walks down the street, hungry. He really wants chinese food so he walks into a nearby restaurant. Their menu is pretty huge, but extremely expensive. He looks for the Kung Pao Chicken, $50. He has $100 in his wallet, but he turns around and leaves. He cant afford to spend that much for a meal. He walks over to a cheaper place nearby, where the quality ingredients are not so good but you get more for your buck and depending who YOU are, likes the taste or not.

Now, he can afford the item he wants, but he cant afford to buy it for merely the meal alone. Does that make sense to you? I mean if that doesnt I dont know what else will.

We need to define the word "better" if we are going to use "pure-logic" as an argument. This is where Pure-logic falls on its ass everytime as a means to prove any point. We can't argue something is "better" until we define what "better" is, and further explain how this applies within the context of our argument.

Already did. Scroll up and look for it if you want to. Or i will just reexplain it.

The jist of it was,The wii and ps3 contain compotents/hardware. The PS3 is Better in all those areas short of the motion remote. This is a fact, not an opinion. Many fanboys claim it as an opinion, but a better GPU is a better GPU, a faster CPU is a faster CPU, More RAM is more RAM. Its not really something fanboys can argue, but they still do. Because thats what makes them fanboys. Anyways, the hardware difference is also why the price is higher. The wii in itself is selling for fairly cheap, this is due to it having the "not so best" hardware inside it. So the fact is what is better hardware/power wise? Ps3. The Xbox360 actually has a great GPU as well, but the PS3 also has the processing power.

What console has a better controller/remote? That really depends on the person as its a subjective question. Most would agree the wiis controller is fun. One could argue that more buttons = a better controller [much like this debate about selling more consoles = better system] but we both know this isnt true.

Which system is better because of games? That also has no definate answer. Its a grey area because it depends on the gamer who plays them. A gamer might enjoy the PS3 games more than Wii games, or vice versa. So "better" in this regards is merely subjective. Grey matieral.

Better functionality? Well thats kind of obvious. The PS3. It has a lot of features in it and that are being added to it. Now, before anyone jumps the gun, Nintendo itself has stated numorous times that they only care about making games, all other functions are not that important to them. It is a fact that the PS3 has a wider array of options and functions.

Lastly, better price? This is a FACT. Nitendo sells their system for cheaper. They also make a profit off of their systems because it is not expensive to make.

Now that we cleared the fact from the opinion, lets look at the root of this argument. They argue, the wii sells more so therefor its a better system. Look at their argument and take the above list of "betters" and compare it with what they argue. The fact is, the high sales of the wii do not magically give it better hardware, do not give it better secondary functions, does give it a more innovative controller however thats subjective as its merely a question preference, games? thats also preference, price? the wii has a better price, and that goes right back to what they are arguing.

Therefore, if they argue the wii is the better system because of number of sales, and better = cheapest price out of the consoles, then that explains the higher sales.

You have your re-definition of better (what is subjective and what is fact).
And the root of this argument. More sales do not always mean a better system. Yes the same concept works with mercedes benz SL roadster. I dont know how rare they are in Scottland, but here in Hollywood where I live and work, about 1/4 of the cars are Mercedes/BMW/Porche. The PS3, at the moment is a luxery item. Its aimed at being a home entertainment system.

I believe Sony is looking at this all in the long term rather than the short term, therefore their approach my be one that dissatisfies you. Either way, we just have to wait and watch it unfold.

The PS3/PSP may be more advanced technologically than the Wii/DS. But Demand and sales for the Wii/DS have been vastly greater to that of the PS3/PSP.
Again, they are also much different in price. The price of the wii = the price of the psp. The DS is close to half the price of a PSP. The DS is more parent friendly to boot, where as the PSP's target audience is smaller.

I would like to see Sony implement Rumble - lower their price - get some decent games on the console. Then I would consider it over a 360. But that won't happen

Why would you say all that if you "know" it wont happen. The reality of it is, you dont know. They will have some "decent" games, i promise that. Time has always proven that the best games come a bit later. The lowering of their price will happen, as the seeds have been planted. Those seeds are secondary forms of revinue to make up for the lost profit on making the consoles (they cost ALOT to make). HOME/Internet purchases, GAMES and BLUERAY are all seeds planted by Sony to balance out the loss of profit from each console sold. When they have those means set, they can afford to lower the price of the console. Xbox 360 did the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back