PS3 sucks, now tell me why not to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pud said:
I added some comments to your post above. :thumbsup:

Hey ill add some comments too. Seems to be the lastest fad these days.

Blu-ray games - don't care (thats subjective, 50gigs is nice though for both consumers and developers)
blu-ray technology - don't care (subjective)
high definition graphics - don't care (subjective, some people enjoy sharp graphics and technology that takes full advantage of their $2000 HDTV)
storage of music - wii has (Pc does it better)
storage of video - wii has (Pc does it better)
storage of pictures - wii has (Pc has and does it better)
Motion Sensor controller (also with tilt) - wii has a much better one (Everyone agrees on this)
bluetooth compatible - wii controllers use bluetooth (so does my phone, PC, and i think even my friends vibrator ((its a girl))
list of fun, real hits - we have funner games than you ( funner is not a word, and that is subjective also. Its not a fact)
crazy online to come out in fall (PLAYSTATION HOME) - (every major console is online, my PC does it better)
PSP playback - gamecube backwards compatible (he means the psp links with the ps3 just as the DS links with the Wii. PS1 games work on PS3 just as the Wii with GC. To add, the PS3, like the PSP is already able to be hacked out to emulate roms from other systems)
PlayStation Store(demos, games, trailers of games and movies) - wii shop (PC does it better than everything else, so who really cares)
So if you still like playin a lunchbox worth $50 dollaz tops with no great games or features, then your crazy.- you can keep playing your gay ripoff piece-o-crap if you like, but I am fine having the same amount or more fun for $350 dollars less....( first off, a PS3's sexuality is more BI than gay, its controller is not as butt friendly as the Wii's. Second, congrats on enjoying your system, however which person gets more enjoyment out of their system is purely dependant on the person, its not a fact.)

My god the Wii owns... said:
Okay, Dr.Dick, here are a couple "analogies"!

You go online, looking for a place that sells speakers. One site advertises "SuperSpeakers v4.6 $375, comes with earbuds", another site advertises "SuperSpeakers v4.5 $80". Which is the better buy? By your argument, you'd get those SuperSpeakers 4.6. I mean, they're more expensive, right?

You want to get a dog, so you go to the pet store. The salesman says, "Well, this dog is really nice, easy to train, and doesn't shed." He then points you to another dog, and says, "This dog is a bit more expensive"(about $400 more dollars)" but it has a really nice coat of fur. It's really...nice...fur." You'd go for the latter, correct?

Man, you're trying to make a point that the better-selling product is always better. No.

PSP? The failure? Okay, super cool! I can watch movies on my little screen! Or, I can pay $100 less to do the same thing on a portable DVD player! The DS is a game system, not a failing over-expensive device.

...Why did you quote the word "analogies"?

Celestial said:
...Why did you quote the word "analogies"?
I think he was trying to make the point that his analogies were so bad, they're not even analogies.

shiftfallout, i kind of understand what your saying. i mean everyone knows the ps3 has better tech. everyone knows the wii's controller is better. But you cant possibly say the ps3 is better just because it has better tech. unless you were just trying to compare technology. the only way that you can really compare the consoles is by what the consumers say. and right now the consumers say that the wii is better because it is out selling the ps3. im not saying the ps3 or the wii is better, we wont know that till 09 at the earliest

and (to the thread poster) the ps3 doesnt suck. atleast its too early to tell

En4Neo said:
It's very ignorant of you both to say the PS3 won't have good games. When I do get a Ps3 it won't be for the blue-ray, high-end graphics, or harddrive, instead it'll be for the games just like it was with the Ps1 and Ps2 for me.

At the moment it doesn't have much right now, but just like the Ps2 it will eventually start pumping out the good stuff. People said the same thing about the ps2, but by 2002 it was turning out to be great. It takes awhile to make games for the Ps3, which is why a lot of the good ps3 games are taking so long. I predict by 2009 it'll have quite the library of games.

I'll be buying the Ps3 for GAMES.

but will sony still be around to produce those great games in 2-3 years if the wii is outselling them over 3 to 1 as it is now. don't get me wrong, the ps2 might be able to hold the balance, but with all the marketing sony has put in this thing, the only 2 games that in any way interest me right now (that are out) are motorstorm and resistence. maybe final fantasy might be able to carry it, but i just don't see it.

ACTUALLY!! I'd say it depends mostly on the games people like. I like colourful games, so I got a wii! I like Final Fantasy, so I'm getting a ps3!

nic7 said:
shiftfallout, i kind of understand what your saying. i mean everyone knows the ps3 has better tech. everyone knows the wii's controller is better. But you cant possibly say the ps3 is better just because it has better tech. unless you were just trying to compare technology. the only way that you can really compare the consoles is by what the consumers say. and right now the consumers say that the wii is better because it is out selling the ps3. im not saying the ps3 or the wii is better, we wont know that till 09 at the earliest

and (to the thread poster) the ps3 doesnt suck. atleast its too early to tell

You might notice a lot of people (fanboys) giving reasons why the wii is better. And in truth, from a hardware point of view, the PS3 has better hardware. Im only arguing facts here. They say the Wii's games are more fun, but that in itself cannot be based off fact, as it really is dependant on the individual playing them. They say its better because it sells more, then we point out that sales dont equal what is better. If they argue the controller, then everyone agrees. Many cant seem to seperate the facts from personal opinion. Opinion is what games players find fun, opinion is how much they are willing to spend on a system, that is all subjective. Some fanboys cant seem to accept that the PS3 has superior power, but this is also why it cost twice as much.

I dont like one system more than the other, people seem to say that i do because im merely pointing out the truths, some they refuse to believe. As for the success of the PS3, thats another issue. And as I believe strongly, it is definatley too early to tell, but they did set the bait for many developers to bite. GDC 07 increased 3rd party interested a lot more as well. Games take time to develope, the more detailed and complex they are, the more time they need.

Im not gonna lie, Wii's games are neither complex nor extremely detailed and therefor did not take a lot of time to make. This is not to say they are not fun, but merely pointing out a fact. This is why they were available for launch. As for Zelda TP, it was in development for awhile, planned for release only on the GC. Incidentally it was taking longer than expected to finish, and they ported it over to the Wii as a release title. For this reason Zelda graphics are below par for the wii in my opinion.

Anyways i will continue to support the facts of each system and not turn a blind eye to one because of bias.

FWELR said:
but will sony still be around to produce those great games in 2-3 years if the wii is outselling them over 3 to 1 as it is now. don't get me wrong, the ps2 might be able to hold the balance, but with all the marketing sony has put in this thing, the only 2 games that in any way interest me right now (that are out) are motorstorm and resistence. maybe final fantasy might be able to carry it, but i just don't see it.
Sony will be around in 2-3 years, even if they continue on their slump of sales. I believe PS2 outsold the both the xbox and Gamecube in similar fashion, and yet those two made it through the last generation. Worst case scenario, the PS3 will become the Gamecube of last gen, absolutely brilliant 1st party games, crap third party support with just enough exclusives to keep it on the radar, and of course, rabid fans.

Is it possible to be so "smart" that you are dumb? Last time i checked an analogy was something like Ps3:too damn much::Wii:cheaper. That makes more sense than that stupid bread crap, even that car crap. It may be true that the the ps3 and the wii are consoles that play games but so does the sega, n64, snes, nes, and any other system that came out.

True a chair is a chair a cup is a cup and all that other stupid stuff but did you take into accout that they are diffrent prices? To compare bread to the ps3 and wii doesnt makes sense if bread cost 600 bucks or even 250 i just wouldnt be eating bread. I know it was suppose to be an analogy but if it where it would be, Ps3:ms barids::Wii:store brand, That just looks stupid.

What about personal opinion? Just because a system is cheap doesn't justify why its out selling the ps3. It helps but how about more people want one. If its crap to them then i guess it sucks to be them. They should have did the research and came to a recollection of what they want to buy. Most sane people buy stuff after getting an idea of what they are getting into. No one walks in to a gamestop/eb games and says, "Hmmmm i want a ps3. It's HOW MUCH? Do you have a cheaper one? The Wii? What's that? 250 bucks HELL YEA!!! It comes with a game too?!!!! Ring it up for me." Most people go in knowing what they want to get and it wasnt a PS3.

As far as the wii having flaws Im sure it does. They are flaws that might be something stupid. Like graphics I already knew how they would look by reading up on it. "kiddy" games I saw the starting line up of games. Doesn't mean M rated games arent coming out later. What ever else about the wii's flaws Im sure Wii (we lol) already know.

Now lets look at the ps3. How many times did the controller change? (boomerang anyone?) What happened to the backwards compatibility? Hell some of the older games dont even work on the ps3. Not only that they tried to use God of War 2 as a Release game. Ummmm No just becasue you can play it on ps3 doesnt make it a ps3 game. Great grapics granted, but what good are grapics if the games suck. One minute stuff is free then you find out you have to buy stuff just to get the full experience (HOME) The Biggest flaw is IT'S 600 BUCKS!!! If you want all the bells and whistles then fine enjoy your ps3. What about the people who just wanna play the games?

You know, just **** it. I tried to say that price isn't just why the Wii is doing so well. I tried to show that the Wii and the PS3 are almost completely different so that generalization doesn't really work. But it's like you're determined to ignore the Wiimote and try to compare consoles purely in terms of hardware.

All of your analogies were "Here are 2 things that have different qualities and different prices but are pretty much the same thing". But the Wii and PS3 are "gaming consoles that really aren't the same thing". Hell, Sony considers the PS3 an "entertainment system".

ok sersley this has to end ok u ppl are making a big deal over a couple of sony fans when u need to realize there are millions of other ps3 fans in the world so wat u nintendo ''fanboys'' are going to flame them all over some chatboard in the end who cares in my opinion both systems kick ass and i have a wii and i love it in the world theres a law called freedom of speech so if a couple of sony fans wanna rant about the ps3's pros and the wiis cons let them do it wether u have ps3 or wii u needa stick to it and not care about what sum1 else says about it

This thread is comical..who cares what who likes..people's opinions will always vary, if they didn't then we'd be quite boring and monotonous. I have a Wii right now and love it but also plan on possibly buying a ps3 when the 'Home' concept is truely unveiled. Why can't you guys just agree to disagree instead of continuously arguing over preference, agree to disagree for christ sake. You'll never get everyone to agree with you on any subject especially when this argument can truely be settled by saying it's a preference thing..both systems have unique attributes that the other doesn't, period. Shiftfallout A lot of what you post is pretty right on but how I've seen enough of you trying to critique people's grammar when you can't even get the your-YOU'RE contraction right. I'm sure this post will just be looked over with the quickness like the rest of the sense on this site usually is..so be it.

Robertking1123 said:
Is it possible to be so "smart" that you are dumb? Last time i checked an analogy was something like Ps3:too damn much::Wii:cheaper. That makes more sense than that stupid bread crap, even that car crap.
Its also possible in your case that you are so "dumb" you think you are smart.
An analogy can make use of examples, not matter how rudimentary to make clear a point. Bread is something everyone can relate to, therefor its a object that would make a concept easier to understand. Like in elementary school when they have kids count with pinto beans rather than numbers.

My analogies make a lot of sense, dont blame me if you think they are crap. Would you rather me keep changing the objects around till you can find one you understand?

General economics teaches that the lower the price the higher the demand and popularity.

Here let me make it easy for you.

A. The Law of Demand
The law of demand states that, if all other factors remain equal, the higher the price of a good, the less people will demand that good. In other words, the higher the price, the lower the quantity demanded. The amount of a good that buyers purchase at a higher price is less because as the price of a good goes up, so does the opportunity cost of buying that good. As a result, people will naturally avoid buying a product that will force them to forgo the consumption of something else they value more.

B. The Law of Supply
Like the law of demand, the law of supply demonstrates the quantities that will be sold at a certain price. But unlike the law of demand, the supply relationship shows an upward slope. This means that the higher the price, the higher the quantity supplied. Producers supply more at a higher price because selling a higher quantity at a higher price increases revenue.

The Wii is in low supply but high demand. Low quantity with low price = higher demand. The PS3 has a lot of quantity, and high price = lower demand. Simple no?

Read more about it here if you dont believe me. http://www.investopedia.com/university/economics/economics3.asp

It may be true that the the ps3 and the wii are consoles that play games but so does the sega, n64, snes, nes, and any other system that came out.

this point is moot. Those are old consoles. They are part of an older gen, therefor can not be applied to the current gen. Basically, the snes competed with sega genesis as they were the top gen systems at the time. Next they were n64, playstation and dreamcast as the lastest gen. Then it was PS2, Xbox and GC and lastest gen. Each gen cancels out the old and competes with the present market. Today we have Wii, Ps3, 360. And on the handheld front, DS and PSP. Microsoft is making their own handheld and the next gen of hand helds will look like this: Nintendo DS2 (or whatever they make), PSP3 (psp2 is a psp with a hardrive planned rightnow), and Microfts (whateverthehelltheymake).

True a chair is a chair a cup is a cup and all that other stupid stuff but did you take into accout that they are diffrent prices? To compare bread to the ps3 and wii doesnt makes sense if bread cost 600 bucks or even 250 i just wouldnt be eating bread. I know it was suppose to be an analogy but if it where it would be, Ps3:ms barids::Wii:store brand, That just looks stupid.
Again look back at the laws of economics. The comparision works just fine. Would you rather me connect the dots for you by saying that freshly baked bread is bigger and uses higher quality ingredients at a price of $6.00, and something like Wonderbread uses bleached flower, lower quality ingredients, presliced and at cheap price of $2.50. It might seem stupid, but often the the simplest analogies can carry hightened meaning. Martial artistist in asia use to use philosophy by comparing it to the simple things in life, a leaf and the wind or dough and the fist that shapes it.

What about the people who just wanna play the games?

Those people who just want to play games will find the easiest option that lets them play the games they want to play. Some will pick nintendo for the price and accessability. Others Xbox for its selection and power. Others PS3 for the games it will have, FF is a good example. Right now the XBOX and the Wii have more accessable games than the PS3. You say "what about gamers who just wannna play games?" well they will pick the system that lets them play the most for their buck right now.

Simple concept no?

Cosmonaut said:
A lot of what you post is pretty right on but how I've seen enough of you trying to critique people's grammar when you can't even get the your-YOU'RE contraction right. I'm sure this post will just be looked over with the quickness like the rest of the sense on this site usually is..so be it.

Yep, it tends to happen a lot when writing lengthy posts. The only people you see me pointing out grammar about are fanboys who call me stupid. I really dont care in the least. Grammar doesnt bug me, fan boy attitudes merely make me want to poke them. Thats all. Im not ashamed of it in the least.

Dude you're beating it to death. Can you say...LOST CAUSE.
nah, im enjoying it. Gives me something to do between projects. Going in for a photo shoot today but i have another hour to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back