PS3 sucks, now tell me why not to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ssbb_lover said:
We are saying what we like and don't like...we're not forcing our opinions on each other. Sure we're cussing at each other, maybe saying some things that are fanboyish...but that's the fun of debating over the console wars. :)

Well... Yeah, you got the point, actually... But you know, I just can't find any fun here... But anyways I think you're right :p

eskiemong said:
Well... Yeah, you got the point, actually... But you know, I just can't find any fun here... But anyways I think you're right :p
On the forum or on this thread? I can refer you to some threads that you would probably enjoy. :)

You know:

"When Do You Think You'll Die?"

"Be Converted to Emoism and the Gothic Culture"

" 'I Hate Everyone But Myself' Club"

"How to Kill Your Neighbor"

"Pyrotechnics, How You Can Involve It In Your Personal Life"

This place is full of fun stuff for everyone!!! (the last one actually sounds fun).

Graphics - The ONLY game I can think of where graphics matter to me is Fifa. It's not so much Graphics than it is Licences. Imo if a game is trying to be realistic then it has to do WELL. Which is why I prefer Fifa over Pro Evolution, Fifa is more realistic in the kits etc.

Anyways what im trying to say is that Graphics sometimes do make a game more enjoyable [On FIFA I can tell who's scored without checking the back of the Shirt because it's realistic]

Though most of the time I'll go for Gameplay FIFA is an Exception. So GFX are still important [You can't bring out a game now with Pacman GFX - Were going into HD now]

ssbb_lover said:
On the forum or on this thread? I can refer you to some threads that you would probably enjoy. :)

You know:

"When Do You Think You'll Die?"

"Be Converted to Emoism and the Gothic Culture"

" 'I Hate Everyone But Myself' Club"

"How to Kill Your Neighbor"

"Pyrotechnics, How You Can Involve It In Your Personal Life"

This place is full of fun stuff for everyone!!! (the last one actually sounds fun).

I'm having enough fun here in Wiichat! I just can't find any fun here in this particular subject...War between consoles... lol Well.. Honestly, it's because I don't know a lot about consoles, so that's why I'm not enjoying this :)

Shiftfallout said:
Ok this is bugging me. WHY would you want blue ray games? Because blue ray discs at the moment can hold up to 50Gigabytes. That means bigger and better games, better textures and more detail.

That was kind of dumb of you so ask that question.

As for the graphics, better graphics will ALWAYs enhance a game, never the opposite. Keep that in mind.

By the way, your missing the point of a multi-media device. The fact you can do a lot on one unit as compared to many smaller units. It is basically a PC, but as history has shown, not everyone is into computers. Its a shame really, i think the world would better off with only computers and no consoles. But for higher accessability, they exist and the more you can do with one, more usefulness you can get out of it. Think swiss army knife with media.

thats SO relative =S if not remeber old nintendo days ?? super mario is one of the best games ever and need not much than a minimun of bytes to work and to entertain a lot of people

bigger doesnt mean better and vice versa

Squall7 said:
That's not neccessarily true. Look at Mario Bros 3 for the NES and the graphically enhanced version on the SNES (part of Mario all-stars). It added nothing but a graphics upgrade, yet the NES version is still more widely remembered and recognised.

The nes version is widely remembered by us older gamers and as its considered a classic. Using that as a counter point to the graphics quote is moot as they cant be comparable. Of course we could always go back to 8bit graphics since they dont seem to matter right?

The history of remakes is a tricky thing, because people become attached to the original. The core discussion about graphics enhancing a game is discussed when refering to titles that are new or a continuation of a series. Bitmapping, field of depth, higher polygon counts, detail, all this enhances the worlds in which the games operate in. Once you have played on the best, its quite difficult for the mind to enjoy the visual stimulants of the past.

Oh god this is gonna start a war...and not the internet debate kind. I mean the weapons and killing kind.

Farid said:
thats SO relative =S if not remeber old nintendo days ?? super mario is one of the best games ever and need not much than a minimun of bytes to work and to entertain a lot of people

bigger doesnt mean better and vice versa

What it means is it gives the developers more room to push their games to the limits.

Bigger and better means larger game worlds and better capabilities. You have to realise, that games of the past will never be games of the future. We really cant compare them. If we could, then developers would go back to making nes style games and saving them time and money. YOu have to remember, supermario back in the day, those WERE the best graphics at the time. It was a step up from atari. Graphics and gaming are stuck in a continual push toward one direction, they are expected to improve upon the previous decades graphics and so forth.

No, my comment is correct only you are welcome to twist it into your own meaning i suppose.

But what about console gamers that play handhelds? They get used to the lower graphics quite easily. Good graphics is great to have but it doesn't make a great GAME alone.

Shiftfallout said:
The nes version is widely remembered by us older gamers and as its considered a classic. Using that as a counter point to the graphics quote is moot as they cant be comparable. Of course we could always go back to 8bit graphics since they dont seem to matter right?

The history of remakes is a tricky thing, because people become attached to the original. The core discussion about graphics enhancing a game is discussed when refering to titles that are new or a continuation of a series. Bitmapping, field of depth, higher polygon counts, detail, all this enhances the worlds in which the games operate in. Once you have played on the best, its quite difficult for the mind to enjoy the visual stimulants of the past.
i dont know chrono trigger and FF 4 are for me the best RPG in the world even better that this "high definition" games so dont count on that and yes i keep playing them when i have the time because they are so good that never get bored

Ruman said:
Oh god this is gonna start a war...and not the internet debate kind. I mean the weapons and killing kind.

hey if we can thin out some of the fanboys, then im all for it. The world would be a better place without them. Less inbreeding too.

Shiftfallout said:
hey if we can thin out some of the fanboys, then im all for it. The world would be a better place without them. Less inbreeding too.

Is that so? *whistles*

To add content: Multimedia does not guarantee success.

Farid said:
i dont know chrono trigger and FF 4 are for me the best RPG in the world even better that this "high definition" games so dont count on that and yes i keep playing them when i have the time because they are so good that never get bored

try reading the line where it says "people become attached to the memories of the past". I too play my favorite games all the way back to the nes. But i feel like im talking to a wall, as though you and everyone else would rather just nit pick and not get the bigger picture.

RedProdigy said:
Is that so? *whistles*

To add content: Multimedia does not guarantee success.

Your wording of "multi-media" is incorrect. Do you mean to say "devices that are multi-media friendly do not guarantee success"?

But what about console gamers that play handhelds? They get used to the lower graphics quite easily. Good graphics is great to have but it doesn't make a great GAME alone.

No one here that i saw said that great graphics make a great game ALONE. Thats you twisting words around and making assumptions like an ass. Graphics are merely enhancments. Hand held games follow the same pattern, each new handheld console includes upgraded graphical capabilties.

Last edited:
eskiemong said:
I'm having enough fun here in Wiichat! I just can't find any fun here in this particular subject...War between consoles... lol Well.. Honestly, it's because I don't know a lot about consoles, so that's why I'm not enjoying this :)
Well this is the perfect place to read up on all 3...we have fanboys of all kinds here at Wiichat! I even know one guy on here named "Nfanboy". :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back