StarEdge-The COSMOS Project (Official RP)

"Make yourselves at home," said Gerumbio sarcastically.
"Emmy, fire up the engines, and set a course to the Inops jump point."
Will do.
"Darius, are you sure it's safe to pass through the Golgari system? I've heard that the Gol abandoned it. And they wouldn't abandon it without a very good reason. There aren't too many water planets around, probably none as nice as Golaga. I suspect something sinister."

Last edited:
"Aye, let's try to avoid the sinister, eh Rockhead?" said Lillis, before he and Townes walked off down the hallway to Gerumbio's message port.

Darius shook his head.
"I'm afraid that's our only option at the present. They're bound to find us eventually if we stay put, and the only other jump point around here would lead us straight into Cozor Li's territory. I think our chances there are grim, he's not a fan of the Resistance by any means."

"Well, I'll do anything possible to avoid the Cozor Li and the Ajamo system. Also, if Cozor's men happened to fire at us, we'd have to land on Jungella... and I hate bugs."
Gerumbio shuddered.
"Golgari system it is then. I just hope the Gol are okay."

Last edited:
Squigs walkie-talkie started to beep again. He answered it.

"Squig! Seeng! Report! What do my generals have for me today?" said a very familar voice

"Hi Master Cycris!" replied Squig. "Oh, Im on Inops's moon right now. I just discovered a major resistance base orbiting Pognyte! Leave it to me, Ill take care of it....oh, and I got those jellys you wanted. Er, I mean...those....beetle thingys." He hesitated before continuing. "....oh. And I thought for a minute that I had discovered....Darius's location , but it turned out to be wrong. He he. Sorry master."

He wanted to hang up, but he didnt want to put master in a bad mood.

OOC: Hello, it is I, Neosquid. Why am I posting from my noob account, Nick Atack? Long story. Anyways, I wont be able to post very much this weekend, just letting you guys know.

Ill be posting as Neoquid again soon. Oh, ignore how noobish this account is, please....

Cykris brushed a strand of tangled hair out of his face and cocked his head.
"Darius Lorne? Interesting. I was told by the Querymen that they set up a trap for him on Inops. Did you run into any of them? And what exactly do you mean by... mistaken?"
Cykris's voice remained at the same, calm pitch, but there was a tiny flicker of displeasure in his eyes.

Aelan looked Seeng in the eyes and said, "Well, I was making a delivery at Inops, and it seemed like some sort of commotion was going on by the moon. I stopped for a bit to wait for the traffic to pass...and..."

Seeng's communicator rang, and she picked it up.

"Emperor? Yes, I...I suppose it was probably irresponsible of me to leave Squig alone, I just thought..."

The girl was staring at Seeng. Seeng suddenly had an idea, and said, "Girl, I assume you're loyal to the alliance. You do not seem to be harboring a fugitive, so I will let you go. But whatever you do, do not follow that green ship. It looks to me like they may be part of the rebellion and you do not want to get tangled up in that, do you?"

Aelan looked to her and said, "No Ma'am."

"Good." Seeng replied, "Perhaps we will meet again someday."

With a nod of her head, Seeng left the ship. As the door closed behind her, Seeng slapped a tracking device to the outside of the delivery ship before slinking into her own craft.

After she was in space she called Cykris back, "Emperor, although we failed to capture Darius, I have attached a tracking device to the ship of a young girl. Just the type to join the rebellion. With some time, she may lead us straight to their base."

----------------
Back on Aelan's ship, ARP's eyes gleamed as soon as Seeng left.
"Aelan...Let's follow those rebellion ships!"

Last edited:
“Let’s make this quick” said Townes “I need to take a shower.”

“Aye, I noticed you had a little… gunk on you.”

Townes smiled sarcastically and took a handkerchief from his pocket, which he used to wipe a small spot of vomit off of his chin.

“Alright, here’s the port” he said, entering a small room with a machine built into the far wall. He activated it, causing a menu screen to project upwards from its lens. Townes pushed a few buttons that were suspended in the air, and the machine said

“Welcome to ComDex secure message transfer service. Please state your name.”

“Roland Barcour” said Townes

“Welcome back, Mr. Barcour. You have one new message.”

“New message? Lillis, how many people know this account?”

“Can’t be more than half a dozen” said Lillis “See who it’s from”

Townes opened the message

“Message from… Reed Fletcher”

“Fletcher?” said Lillis “What’s he calling us for?”

An image of a man’s head shown from the shoulders upward projected out from the lens. He had dark skin and medium length dreadlocks. There was a sizeable gap between his front teeth, and his left eye was a dull grey color and pointed straight ahead of him regardless of where the other moved. He spoke with a deep voice, and an accent which seemed to place an inordinate amount of stress on vowels, but still had a smooth sort of rhythm to it.

“Lillis. Townes. It’s Fletcher. I’m just calling for to warn you two, in the case that nobody else has. You two know what kinda **** you’re in? Seriously, what the hell did you do to piss of Cozor Li? Whatever it was, he’s got a price on your heads the size of I don’t even know what. This ain’t no Cymbeline racketeer neither; we’re talking the second most powerful man in the galaxy here, I hope you understand that. I mean, I don’t even… what do a couple of two-bit grifters even do to insult a guy like that? Anyway, don’t respond to this, and don’t even think about coming by here. I’m already more involved with this than I want to be. Good luck. You two’r gonna need it.”

The image retracted back into the lens. Lillis and Townes stared at one another, shocked.

“I—“ said Lillis “We have to tell the others.”

“Tell the others?” said Townes “Lillis, we can’t tell anybody. Any of our shipmates find out about this, the two of us are Jonah bound for Tarshish, understand?”

“You’re gonna have to refresh my memory on that one”

“What I mean to say is, if this were my ship, I wouldn’t want us on it. Hell, I’m sure whatever price Li is offering would seem mighty tempting. Plus, an opportunity to get on his good side could be a good political move for the Resistance, don’t you think? Who wouldn’t want to have Cozor Li owe them a favor?”

“Alright… well I guess crashing with Wallace isn’t an option.”

“Aye, that’s for certain. I just don’t know where we can go.”

Both men stood for a moment, thinking.

“Well…” said Lillis “there is one place I can think of where we’d be safe.”

“Yeah? Where’s that?”

“Think about it. If Cykris can’t find a place, it follows that neither can Li, right?”

“Lillis, you’re not suggesting—“

“Why not?”

“I mean, we couldn’t…”

“Not unless you can think of a better idea.”

“I… well, I… Alright. I guess it’s decided then. Lillis, you and I are joining the Resistance.”

Darius handed the wrapped Power Node to Orbus.
"Hold onto this... I need to use the message port, see if I can't get in contact with the Resistance."
Darius hurried down the hall and opened the sliding doors that lead to the message port. He saw Lillis and Townes standing and talking. A scruffy-looking man with a grey eye was frozen on the message port in front of them.
"Mind if I ask who that is?"
-MEANWHILE-
Cykris nodded. The anger behind his eyes subsided somewhat.
"Good work, Seeng. Squig, good job on getting that Resistance info. I want you, Fallo, Limdix, and the rest of your crew to head over there right away. Show them who runs the galaxy now. Seeng, see if you can gather anything else on Dr. Lorne down on Inops. If you meet the Queryman, tell them to report to me immediately. I've got other business to attend to."

"That?" said Lillis "Oh, he's an old friend of ours. Just checking in about what's going on back home on Cymbeline. In any case, we've been looking to talk to you, Mister... ?"

"Oh, the name's Dr. Darius Lorne, but you can just call me Darius. Thank you again for helping us escape Squig's men. And you two are?"

"Name's Lillis"

Lillis shook Darius's hand

"You're-- you're Dr. Darius Lorne?" said Townes, extending his hand "My name's William Townes; I read your paper on Allis cartography. Great stuff. I think it's a travesty that the IASP discredited you. They're obviously just trying to get on the Empire's good side. Anyway, listen, Dr. Lorne. Lillis and I, see, we've had a... change of heart. We want to join the Resistance."

"Aye." said Lillis "We're part of this galaxy same as anyone else, and we can't just stand by and watch Cykris defile it. We want to help."

Darius grinned widely under his gas mask.
"Wonderful! We could always use recruits as quick-thinking as you two!"
Normally, Darius would be more suspicious, but he trusted Gerumbio when he said that these two were nothing to worry about. Besides, they had helped he and Orbus escape Squig's clutches.
"Now, if you don't mind, I've got to use the port to send a message to our leader."

"Sure thing; we're done here." said Lillis "We'll see you around, Darius."

Lillis and Townes left the message port room.

Last edited:
He had him pinned. The black skinned man in black armor stood held the arm of his victim. He scooted his hand up the arm holding out all the fingers except for the middle one. With his right hand, he reached on his belt for a spherical object on a long rod, it could be said that it looked like a mace with no spikes. It looked like something that could maybe knock someone out with you hit them with it really hard, but in this would that would be a simple barbaric weapon. However as he brought it to the middle finger, a cut appeared on the fingernail going through the whole hand. As he moved it closer the finger started to slowly be ripped apart until there was a bloody stub. Marche La March satisfied with his work stood up, releasing the small boy underneath him. He crouched back down to the boy’s eye level. “So what did we learn?”

The boy could only reply with cries of pain. La March waved his hand in front of his face “Hey, hey. I trying to teach you an important lesson here”. He tilled his head slightly to the right “Two in fact”. He extended his index “First off, If you’re gonna steal something we have to do it in a lot cooler fashion, I mean really? Pick pocketing? I don’t care if you dad told you to do it, or if you need it for your dying little sister or whatever, but in my opinion, if they really loved you they would allow themselves to be killed by a loan shark or whatever so that you can grow up to be badass. Anyway, gonna pull a job off he better have some explosions or a lot of pretty tripping over themselves”.

He then stuck out his middle finger, giving his index finger company “Second, if you’re gonna steal always get enough to pay off who ever catches you”. He took the wallet that the boy had stolen and pocketed it. He then left the crying child allow in the back alley. He loved kids, he knew that they had to be raised correctly, they were the universe’s future after all and with the entire trauma he heaped on that kid, he just motivated him to become awesome in future just so he could keep the rest of his fingers. Maybe a experienced vet or some hot blooded rebel, something straight out of a movie. That was his good deed for today.

So what’s the deal here? He was supposed to meet up with some high top officer who called themselves squick, or squirt or whatever. The thought of having to listen to those types made his skin crawl, but he got to the docks and there were visually no ships there. He had been waiting so patiently too for about five minutes before he started to walk around, that kid took this old man’s wallet and well, you know the rest.

Why waste his time, he wondered. He had plenty of things to do already. I mean he just got this bounty for these two guys who were a pair of thieves. I mean, they could’ve contracted him about any change. He thought about taking a nap at his ship. Maybe he get a message by the time he wakes up. Torturing children sure takes a lot out of you.

Last edited:
Back