The official "i hate school" thread

You don't hate it or love it, no matter what you may think. In every person's life, there's something they like about school, even if it has nothing to do with the curriculum at all. >_< Friends, gf's, bf's, cool teachers, there's always something...(IMO)

I also have to take Latin....and it's becoming a real *****. The only thing it's good for is if you're a doctor, or just a student (doctor because many medical terms are not only derived from Latin, but are Latin words. And students because many Latin words pop up in text books and what not).

Good news is, i'm learning Japanese on my own, "independent studies" if you will. It's awesome, especially cause' i'll be going to Japan some day, and they're economy is growing like a wild fire....plus Japs are just damn awesome.

The only subjects that are fun to me are math, science, and history (and of course my Japanese! :)). Math mainly, my Dad's an engineer, so I get his genes i guess. My Mom....*cough*....I guess i'll talk to you guys later! ^_^'

Wow, i'll trade you dads. mine grew up on a farm and is manual laborer (die maker) now. He knows some good life skills but I wanna learn how to build a rocket!! I was gonna teach myself Japanese too. Math, Science History ROCK!!. What science, math, history you taking specifically. I'm in the north and I always wanted to see what the deep south taught about the civil war.

Looks like we're gonna become great friends xD

Ya, my Dad's awesome, with my Mom being how she is, I couldn't live without him!

I'm an 8th grade, so i'm not doing anything amazing. I take Algebra 2, I just kind of learn History, not any specific books, etc. Just wingin it, picking up any books that look interesting, like I said, "independent studies" (though I do have a little crappy text book that I read from). In science, I use this book that includes some math in it, but still teaches enough science which is pretty cool. (Newtons, km/mph etc.)

And as for Civil War in the South, honestly I think we're much more fair than ya'll Northerners (yes, the ya'll was to exaggerate my Southerness), however it would take me a while to tell you. I'm suposed to be doing school at the moment....so i'll definitely get back to you here, or PM you, just tell me. :)

ssbb_lover said:
You don't hate it or love it, no matter what you may think. In every person's life, there's something they like about school, even if it has nothing to do with the curriculum at all. >_< Friends, gf's, bf's, cool teachers, there's always something...(IMO)

I also have to take Latin....and it's becoming a real *****. The only thing it's good for is if you're a doctor, or just a student (doctor because many medical terms are not only derived from Latin, but are Latin words. And students because many Latin words pop up in text books and what not).

Good news is, i'm learning Japanese on my own, "independent studies" if you will. It's awesome, especially cause' i'll be going to Japan some day, and they're economy is growing like a wild fire....plus Japs are just damn awesome.

The only subjects that are fun to me are math, science, and history (and of course my Japanese! :)). Math mainly, my Dad's an engineer, so I get his genes i guess. My Mom....*cough*....I guess i'll talk to you guys later! ^_^'

i thought latin was a dead language they actually have class 4 it?i took it in a class wit spanish,italian,an french 2 c wat language u wanted 2 take but they said we didnt need it :confused:

kiraownsurmom said:
i dont remember who won or if it was a tie (--") but i bet southerners say they won like some ppl in iraq sayin america is the bad guy

No, us yanks PWNED those stupid soufs. IMO south should have won. Better troops, better generals, defended. North just had more people, better factories, better transportation of goods. etc. Glad there isn't slavery though. He He

Brawny said:
No, us yanks PWNED those stupid soufs.
Maybe we won't become good friends....stupid soufs? :mad:
Brawny said:
IMO south should have won. Better troops, better generals, defended. North just had more people, better factories, better transportation of goods. etc.
Yes, and we would have, Jackson was going to make a huge move to finish of the Yanks, however he was killed in battle. This, depressing Lee, caused the South to start losing morale and later on, the war. The death of Jackson is what lost the war, if this wouldn't have happened I would bet $1mil that the South would have annihilated. You're right we had better men, and generals. But, as you said, the North had more men to throw out, they had more money, they had more guns and other weapons. Grant had no skill at all, he just threw men, and kept throwing like coal into a burner. If someone wants to defend their precious Grant and the rest of their generals, look at the casualty numbers that were dealt to each side...the North's is a huge amount higher than the South's.
Brawny said:
Glad there isn't slavery though. He He
Duh. :tard: (and I get the "hehe") For the record, i'm white. I'm sure you're all like, "A white southerner?!?!?! =O"

*EDIT*
kiraownsurmom said:
i thought latin was a dead language they actually have class 4 it?i took it in a class wit spanish,italian,an french 2 c wat language u wanted 2 take but they said we didnt need it
IT IS TOTALLY USELESS!!!!!!!!! Oh, nice grammar by the way. ;)

Last edited:
Whoa, I think ur very cool dude, just joking, forgot the jk and :arf: after the first comment. Sorry, it can look like i'm the biggest biggot in the world.

K, the middle part of your post, were you just agreeing with everything i said? or was there something that I missed.

Don't get the last part

Ur Edit: yeah, unless ur a doctor or the pope.

My Edit: not sure what you thought the he he was. I meant it to say that I think the south should have won, just without supporting slavery. Sorry if you interpreted it in any other way

Last edited:
Brawny said:
Whoa, I think ur very cool dude, just joking, forgot the jk and :arf: after the first comment. Sorry, it can look like i'm the biggest biggot in the world.
:p
Brawny said:
K, the middle part of your post, were you just agreeing with everything i said? or was there something that I missed.
Basically, just giving more history.
Brawny said:
Don't get the last part
Lmao, I was interpreting your post (the "glad there's no slavery" "hehe" thing) as that since you're not white, you would be a slave or something. Sry dude. :p (also, that's why I said I was a WHITE SOUTHERNER)
Brawny said:
Ur Edit: yeah, unless ur a doctor or the pope.
Once again, Latin is the most useless language on the planet...
Brawny said:
My Edit: not sure what you thought the he he was. I meant it to say that I think the south should have won, just without supporting slavery. Sorry if you interpreted it in any other way
Now you know what I meant, now I know what you meant. :/

Glad we understand each other. :D

so your a 12 year boy who has a bit of homework so you "hate" school, and your life goal is to.....get a thread stickied?

Schools not that bad. I do hate getting up early and going to bed at a certain time. It gives me something to do at least. I'd rather be home playing Gears of War and Wii. I think the only classes I hate are World Cultures and Physical Science. I love my German class.

Personally, I hate getting up of a morning, hate it. But, what's worse is that I've done it myself, it's now nearly 5am and I just woke up a few hours ago. I don't know why, but I sleep in, they should really start school later than 20 to 9.

I see no point whatsoever in learning french. I hae no reason to learn french, I have never been outside of the United Kingdom, and where I have been is only Wales (a 20 minute journey away, or so). My french teacher is really nice, but I just can't see why we have to learn french. So, France is our neighbouring country, but, Gaelic is a closer language to learn, and welsh is on the verge of exstinction.
I had an english presentation a few weeks ago for my GCSEs, in the end I settled for doing it on the DS because none of the plonkers know how to use one, but, I wanted to do it on why I hate french. Not the french, and it's a really nice language. But it's the 13th most spoken language, Javanese is more popular, what in the world is javanese?
We should learn chinese.

I have too much coursework.
Yeah, it's good when you want a job in that field but I can't see when I am going to use stratified sampling ever again.

My school has too much RE.
I'm Catholic, thus meaning we get three hours a week to do RE. When really, we only have two tests on it, and I've already completed one last year, so they dump on an extra hour for this one? I'd much rather use it for subjects which require coursework and only have two lessons. Then again, I love RE.

Rant over.

Up til my Junior year in high school I hated school. Then I started going to a tech school so I got to leave after 2nd period, had an hour break, and then took a Cisco Networking class in which we did ABSOLUTELY nothing. If you failed the test, the teacher changed the grade to a 70. Most of the time all 25 of us would play either Quake 3 or Tron.

I went to a community college for 2 years, and hated every bit of it. So I decided to take '07 off.

Back