PS3 sucks, now tell me why not to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to dissapoint you, i actually do not use wiki because it is not a reliable source. If I ever refer to one then I state it as such. Sorry to dissapoint you on that, but i use real facts and logical opinions.

I am not solely defending sony. You said, in a VERY biased way, that sonys goal, in a manner of greed (filthy rich) is by forcing ( really now ) consumers to buy blue ray. Anyone with common sense can see this as a biased statement. Mentioning it is like saying "how dare a company try to succeed".

Concerning the filthy rich part, I do not think Blue ray is projected as being sony's main source of revinue, rather a means to attract those who are tired of piracy and old tech.It is a joint investment by companies who have much to lose by not adapting alongside new tech.

They ALL get filthy rich, i tough i previously said that...wich i did...(does that make you happy? :wink:)

Oh, and sorry then, i tough you used it...the list you posted is the same one they have at wiki... wait a second, if it's wiki it is not reliable... oh no! the info you got must be wrong too, since what they have is exactly what you posted!! :wink:
Look for it somewhere else before it's too late!! :wink:

And don't say your opinions are logical, maybe they are for YOU, your understanding of things is truly subjective, not everything that comes to your mind is correct... some things are... and some are NOT... :yesnod:

Why don't you accept you can be wrong sometimes, after all you're human...or wait...are you a weird lab experiment :crazy: given the power of absolute logic? Mmmmmm, nah! I don't think so....or MAYBE you are?!?!?!? OMG! :yikes:

Last edited:
NY_KRaKRocKS said:
:yikes: Insultin my system don't go well wit me. Here you are a$$ Hol3.

Blu-ray games
blu-ray technology
high definition graphics
storage of music
storage of video
storage of pictures
Motion Sensor controller (also with tilt)
bluetooth compatible
list of fun, real hits
crazy online to come out in fall (PLAYSTATION HOME)
PSP playback
PlayStation Store(demos, games, trailers of games and movies)
So if you still like playin a lunchbox worth $50 dollaz tops with no great games or features, then your :crazy: crazy.

Blu-Ray? The new Betamax or UMD?
Graphics are fun but the games are recycled garbage(in my opinion).
storage of music answer: wii media center
Storage of video answer: above
Whoohoo VR so we are gonna end up in capsules in the future....yay?
DS pwns mini computer
Storage of photos: if the wii can't do that already then above + its image editor
Motion sensor: Have you even seen a wii?
Wii shop: retro in the hizzy! Ign for everything else
If you like wasting $900 on something thats only gonna last till the next fad then go ahead!
Computer and computer? or
Computer and Nintendo?

Whoooo that was fun!

I do like PS3 but Blu-ray and price kill it! Final Fantasyyyyyyy!!! Cooooomeee
BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!!

These flaming forums just let me hide the fact that I really want one and an Xbox360(Microsoft XNA). I also really like my Wii and wouldn't trade it for either of the above!

Last edited:
alexgc87 said:
They ALL get filthy rich, i tough i previously said that...wich i did...(does that make you happy? :wink:)

Oh, and sorry then, i tough you used it...the list you posted is the same one they have at wiki... wait a second, if it's wiki it is not reliable... oh no! the info you got must be wrong too, since what they have is exactly what you posted!! :wink:
Look for it somewhere else before it's too late!! :wink:

And don't say your opinions are logical, maybe they are for YOU, your understanding of things is truly subjective, not everything that comes to your mind is correct... some things are... and some are NOT... :yesnod:

Why don't you accept you can be wrong sometimes, after all you're human...or wait...are you a weird lab experiment :crazy: given the power of absolute logic? Mmmmmm, nah! I don't think so....or MAYBE you are?!?!?!? OMG! :yikes:

No wiki is not a reliable source of information. Why? Because any user can submit information on the wiki. Meaning I could make a wiki saying you're a dumbsh**. Does it then make it reliable? no.
Most likely the person that made the wiki of it took it (copy paste) from the actual BRA website.

In this case, i used a Real source from the BRA itself. Theres nothing to admit im wrong about. Again, another dissapointment for you. Dont take it so hard, the more you dig, the deeper the hole gets.

Shiftfallout said:
No wiki is not a reliable source of information. Why? Because any user can submit information on the wiki. Meaning I could make a wiki saying you're a dumbsh**. Does it then make it reliable? no.
Most likely the person that made the wiki of it took it (copy paste) from the actual BRA website.

In this case, i used a Real source from the BRA itself. Theres nothing to admit im wrong about. Again, another dissapointment for you. Dont take it so hard, the more you dig, the deeper the hole gets.

Uhhhmmm....They monitor the site and clean up crap by looking at the references the user leaves and if no reference, no wiki.

Monsteroids said:
Uhhhmmm....They monitor the site and clean up crap by looking at the references the user leaves and if no reference, no wiki.

Look again. Sorry to ruin your easy source of info, but its not reliable no matter how much you want it to be.

I'll say this about Wikipedia...in college you better prepared to get a zero on your paper and possibly dropped from the class if you use it as a source. And that's a good outcome, because some professors may report you to administration. And don't even think of using it in any professional writings.

Last edited:
Rahnter said:
I'll say this about Wikipedia...in college you better prepared to get a zero on your paper and possibly dropped from the class if you use it as a source. And that's a good outcome, because some professors may report you to administration.

WTF?! Really?! I use them as info about gun models(for weapons on video games(I want to make video games(help me by telling me good sources to learn from(PLEASE?!).
I got my work cut out for me.
Also I've never seen a vandalized page on there and the info is relatively correct in comparison to other sites. I also got an A on an Olympic project.

Last edited:
This was my Philosophy and English departments take on it (paraphrasing of course): If you can't bother to find a source more reliable than Wikipedia, then college is not the place for you, unless you want to work in the janitor's room next door.... I know, very cruel. But this is precisely what my Medieval Lit. professor said to our class on the first day.

Last edited:
How is sony forcing Blu-Ray when the PS3 can play DVD's as well?Thats like saying Nintendo is forcing you to play zelda on the Wii. They arent, you can get the GC and play on that if you want to. They arent forcing anything, just like sonys not forcing blu-ray. Its an option yes, but a must? No.

Dongo said:
How is sony forcing Blu-Ray when the PS3 can play DVD's as well?Thats like saying Nintendo is forcing you to play zelda on the Wii. They arent, you can get the GC and play on that if you want to. They arent forcing anything, just like sonys not forcing blu-ray. Its an option yes, but a must? No.

I think what they mean is that Sony is forcing consumers hands into getting a system with new format player, a format that may or may not succeed. Technically they aren't, because you don't have to buy a PS3, but at the same time they are because you can't purchase a PS3 sans BR player....does that make any sense?

Look at the PSP. They tried using UMD as a their new format and it had mixed results. It flopped in the movie market, but it worked as a video game format. Not exactly what Sony had intended. The same problem faces the PS3. Sony wants Blu-Ray to succeed more as a movie format than a video game one... because that's where the money is. I mean sure it works well as a video game format, but so do DvD-9s...and it doesn't cost the consumer an initial $200 more. (though time may prove otherwise)

So the only other real option is to not get a PS3.... which is what I've decided.......for now..[looks at FFXIII]

Last edited:
Blu-Ray? The new Betamax or UMD?
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL.

Oh, wait, you weren't joking?

Blu-Ray has a technological dominance over HD-DVD that Betamax didn't have over VHS and UMD didn't have over DVD and so will, eventually, probably take over from HD-DVD and DVD. Especially after HD Televisions have become prevellant enough to warrant people wanting the best picture they can possible get out of it and when the price of Blu-Ray players drops a little (both of which will happen, btw). Besides, with a lot of the big movie companies backing Blu-Ray there will come a time when they decide to pull out of DVD's completely and I don't think the DVD format can survive not having Fox or Disney stuff brought out on it.

Graphics are fun but the games are recycled garbage(in my opinion).
So all the games on the PS3 are going to be recycled garbage? Are you one of those people who likes to ignore the fact that both the PS1 and PS2 had the most diverse set of games in their generation? The PS3 will probably, again, have the most diverse set of games simply because developers like to develop for Sony (for some strange reason). The 360 will continue with the shoot 'em ups and beat 'em ups and Ninty will get all the diversity it can out of the WiiMote but - at the end of the day - the PS3 will probably have the most games again.

storage of music answer: wii media center
Storage of video answer: above
By that logic I could simply say the Wii is crap just because I have a laptop which can store and play music >>; Just because the Wii can do the same thing doesn't make the PS3 doing it any less of a feature - unless, of course, you are trying to say that it isn't a feature unless it is unique, in which case neither of them has any features...

If you can't bother to find a source more reliable than Wikipedia
Wikipedia is a good starting point for research when it comes to some subjects. It's not good to base everything on Wikipedia but using it to get some starting information to work on is always a good idea.

Besides, if you use less than about 20 sources you're going to suck in University anyway, so using Wikipedia as one of those sources isn't going to hurt your grade that much. Then again - a medieval lit. professor probably doesn't even know what the internet is and is trying to fight against this new and evil technology >_>;

Shiftfallout said:
Define a business? A business is meant to be successful as opposed to .. not successfull. Are you saying having a desire to be successful is bad?

As for the filthy rich part... out of all 3 consoles nintendo wii is the only console to make a profit on their console. Both microsoft and sony lose money every time someone buys it. So when someone buys a PS3, sony loses $250. That kind of ruins the whole "filthy rich" greedy business spin doesnt it?

Sony has movie studios, piracy is costing the entertainment business a lot of money. Wanting to have blue ray a success is not suprising nor should it be frowned upon.

Also.. blue ray isnt just sony. It was jointly developed by:

^ bet a lot of sony haters didnt know that.

once they stop complaining about the price, they have nothing left to complain about thus they stick to it like flies to a fresh poop. ... ew
Erm, yes I did know that Sony didn't single-handedly develope blu-ray, why would anybody think that? But I'm not a Sony hater anyway, I have a PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back