PS3 sucks, now tell me why not to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant wait for a price drop, then people will be like "The PS3 needs updates! Once a month! Its so anoying." which will lead to millions saying "PS3 takes to long to update! Why so many updates!? BOO PS3, boo."

Griever said:
Besides, if you use less than about 20 sources you're going to suck in University anyway, so using Wikipedia as one of those sources isn't going to hurt your grade that much.

I wouldn't recommend it as a starting point, just because you have to backtrack, fact check, and make certain that all the sources are reliable and cited correctly. It is much simpler to search J-Store or Galileo for proper journal entries. Also, it was a big no-no to cite Wikipedia in our English department. Like I said, it would get you an automatic zero or if the teacher was generous, s/he would give you a late grade and let you go back and change it. Again, this is only in cases of academic and professional research.

I wouldn't recommend it as a starting point, just because you have to backtrack, fact check, and make certain that all the sources are reliable and cited correctly.
Which you have to do whenever you do res-

Oh, wait, that's right. English Departments don't have the problem Chemistry has; that everything anyone ever does is rigorlously checked and redone over and over until everyone is satisfied it is right.

Again, this is only in cases of academic and professional research.
And the award for the worst attempt at being patronising goes to..?

Dongo said:
How is sony forcing Blu-Ray when the PS3 can play DVD's as well?Thats like saying Nintendo is forcing you to play zelda on the Wii. They arent, you can get the GC and play on that if you want to. They arent forcing anything, just like sonys not forcing blu-ray. Its an option yes, but a must? No.

It cost a shitload of extra money for something I'm not gonna use!

A Blu-Ray player costs more than a PS3 so, tbh, you're getting a games console free.

Besides, if you want to keep using the money argument then go ahead and keep being an idiot; on the other hand you could always try and argue based on the quality of gaming/hardware instead and prove you're not just whining about the PS3 because you're a poor-arse hick.

>.>;

Monsteroids said:
Thats not true. If you buy a PS3, will you be playing PS3 games? Did you know the games are on blu-ray discs? Did you know by playing a PS3 game you are in essence useing the blu-ray drive? Just because you dont buy blu-ray movies doesnt mean you dont use the blu-ray drive.

And also what griever said!

Okay people i do have a PS3 and heres my Statement on how the PS3 is a great console

Blu-Ray: Of course Blu-Ray if you dont want to play games with a Blu-Ray player then dont buy it or ***** about it. The Blu-Ray and cell processor brings out amazing picture i dont have a HDTV yet but i played it on a crappy old TV from like the 1950's and it still kicked ass (alittle Blurry but you can see it)

Games: Heres a great line up of games coming out to the Playstation 3

Lair
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3 Only)
Rachet And Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction
Resistance Fall of Man 2 (Unoffical)
Gran Tourismo
God of War 3
Socom Confrontation
Ninja Gadien Sigma
Final Fantansy XIII
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
The Darkness
Rainbow Six: Vegas (This is out for 360 so i gusse this dosnt count)
Tom Clancys: Ghost Recon Adavnce War Fighter 2 (Same with this one)
And of course Home which isnt a rip off of Mii

Just to prove it to you, watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBiOUp22NLs

Griever said:
Which you have to do whenever you do res-

Oh, wait, that's right. English Departments don't have the problem Chemistry has; that everything anyone ever does is rigorously checked and redone over and over until everyone is satisfied it is right.

Well, different departments do have different standards and practices on the way research is conducted. But I wouldn't say that the research done in English is any less rigorous than Chemistry, they just have two different approaches. However, in my experience it was never appropriate to cite Wikipedia, then again, my professors would always check bibliographies first to verify that the sources were cited correctly and that it was in MLA format. And if they weren't, your paper was handed back to you...English professors can be very finicky that way. But then again I didn't major in English, rather Linguistics.

As far as being patronizing, I wasn't trying to be. The comment was actually directed at Monsteroids. He asked why Wikipedia shouldn't be used as a source and I tried to give him an answer.

To stop the redundant PS3 arguments.... Wiki is the peace maker.

...and maybe to gratify my own ego....maybe

But I will add this, I think blu-ray will not prove itself as a video game format until MGS4 and FFXIII are released. From the talks of it, both games will utilize its size to the full capacity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back