Why do you guys hate so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaXiMiUS said:
Dear Jer5078.

Write.

In.

Paragraphs.

Why would I take the extra time to write in paragraphs if its just as readable both ways? As for Gamerchaser001, I understand what your point is and I respect what you are saying. I know everyone has different opinions and not everyone is going to like the same thing, so yeah, how about the whole PS3 hating subjects stop, and everyone enjoy the console they like and talk about it instead of talking about how much they hate a different console. (Yes, I admit I did say a couple bad things about the xbox360 and I will stop with that :p)

Jer5078:

If you're responding to multiple people, at least break it up into paragraphs so the individual people know what the hell relates to them. Not everybody wants to read through the responses to what 3 other people said before they find the response to what they said.

You just have to press the Enter key twice. Boom, paragraph. It's not like it'll slow down your typing by several minutes or something. At least I'm not commenting on your run on sentences ;)

Jer5078 said:
Why would I take the extra time to write in paragraphs if its just as readable both ways? As for Gamerchaser001, I understand what your point is and I respect what you are saying. I know everyone has different opinions and not everyone is going to like the same thing, so yeah, how about the whole PS3 hating subjects stop, and everyone enjoy the console they like and talk about it instead of talking about how much they hate a different console. (Yes, I admit I did say a couple bad things about the xbox360 and I will stop with that :p)
How would you get my view on things when you haven't even read my whole post? Listen, i'm not saying that the PS3 sucks, i'm not saying that you are stupid about choosing he PS3 over the other consoles, i'm just saying that when you run into problems (and you will, SONY products are full of bugs, if you don't believe me, I have 3 different items from SONY, all 3 of them are giving me problems), you are the one who chose it, trust me, you will run into problems eventually

gamechaser001 said:
How would you get my view on things when you haven't even read my whole post? Listen, i'm not saying that the PS3 sucks, i'm not saying that you are stupid about choosing he PS3 over the other consoles, i'm just saying that when you run into problems (and you will, SONY products are full of bugs, if you don't believe me, I have 3 different items from SONY, all 3 of them are giving me problems), you are the one who chose it, trust me, you will run into problems eventually
I will agree with you on some parts, the small ps2 (if you play 247) usually its laser died in a few months but the big ps2 was a very strong console.:thumbsup:

Well My PS3 hasn't had any problems yet and if it does, I can always call Sony. I know with my PS1 I had the old school one, never had problems with that. My PS2, well I have the older one as well, I've sent it in once, basically because after about 5 years of play, it needed cleaned (disk read error). Other then that, I had no problems. I've had more Nintendo systems stop working on me then Sony systems. So maybe that has something to do with me thinking Sony is more reliable, maybe I'm just unlucky with nintendo products.

(here you go a new paragraph!!!) Also gamechaser001, I was in fact reading everything. you were saying so many things against the PS3 I just assumed you thought it sucked. Maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions so much then, but there are so many hate topics on these forums it just seemed like another person against the PS3 and all for the Wii. You were saying I will run into problems, maybe, maybe not, if that happens, I always have the warrenty to send it into Sony for it to be fixed.

i have a sony ps2(big one) the month it came out and i never had problems, EVER, but, i do have a sony camera and it broke cause it SUCKS

but it dont matter cause it was the crappy one i use to film skating/snowboarding

Jer5078 said:
Well My PS3 hasn't had any problems yet and if it does, I can always call Sony. I know with my PS1 I had the old school one, never had problems with that. My PS2, well I have the older one as well, I've sent it in once, basically because after about 5 years of play, it needed cleaned (disk read error). Other then that, I had no problems. I've had more Nintendo systems stop working on me then Sony systems. So maybe that has something to do with me thinking Sony is more reliable, maybe I'm just unlucky with nintendo products.

(here you go a new paragraph!!!) Also gamechaser001, I was in fact reading everything. you were saying so many things against the PS3 I just assumed you thought it sucked. Maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions so much then, but there are so many hate topics on these forums it just seemed like another person against the PS3 and all for the Wii. You were saying I will run into problems, maybe, maybe not, if that happens, I always have the warrenty to send it into Sony for it to be fixed.
First, what I meant about not reading the whole thing is because it would be physically impossible reading everything I wrote, while you were posting, I was updating my post (replying problems), so since you posted before I had a chance to finish my edit, you didn't get to read all that I posted, i'm pretty sure you read what was there

Well, I don't think the PS3 sucks, as a matter of fact, I really do love the PS3, i'm just not willing to spend $600 of my hard earned money on it, as a matter of fact i'm having problems just trying to get a DS, and that's not very expensive at all

And just so you know, between the handheld war, I went with SONY, so don't think I have a strong hatred for SONY, I just don't trust them as much as I do Nintendo, and all that set me off was you said the XBOX360 sucks, and it being that I own and like the XBOX 360, I don't know what's so bad about it, now the reason I said that the PS3 will give you errors is because that's all I got with SONY products, the PSP is fine, I couldn't live without my PSP, but, well...

-I have a SONY VAIO that I bought for DVD burning and some light gaming since it's all I had for computer gaming until I finished building my gaming computer, out of the box, the VAIO's preinstalled DVD burning program (Click to DVD) kept locking up and stopped responding, I would understand if it stopped working after I installed a couple programs and it had conflicts with something else installed, but if it's the first thing I do with the system? That's not right, then I updated DirectX from 9.0a to 9.0c, then the games i had installed on it started getting errors (DirectDraw stopped working), I thought about getting an AGP video card but there was no AGP slot on the motherboard, there was pinouts where it looked like I could solder one in, but if it isn't inside the system to begin with, there is a reason why, I guess they didn't want people upgrading thier video cards, everybody told me to buy a PCI video card for it, but there weren't enough PCI slots on the motherboard for me to install one, got another computer through DELL, for the same reasons, no problems

-I have a LocationFree Base Station so I could watch cable on my PSP and access my DVR from anywhere, inside the house it works fine, then I forwarded the port number it told me to and the test site on the base station said that it should work fine outside of my network, I took my PSP to my school to test it out and it connected to my school network just fine, but when it went to look for the base station, it said it couldn't be found, everything was connected correctly and the test said it would work, I took it back home to do the test again and it said it should work fine, but it dosen't

-I also have a PS2, ran into the same problem as yours, dust got to the laser and it failed to read discs, my mother had the great idea to open the console herself and void whatever warranty was on it saying that the warranty was over (it is now) and clean it herself, I believe it was operating worse after she tried cleaning it, I got a new PS2 to replace it and the same problam happened but instead of caking the laser with dust, it put a dust haze onto any disc I played in it, it is most appearent on my copy of GTA:SA, since I played it so often, at times when I play the game, the road dissapears and it looks like i'm floating or driving on paper, I think it has to do with the haze of dust on the disc

As for Nintendo products, back when the Nintendo 64 and PSX was getting popular, I got the Nintendo 64, it was my first console at the time, I never had a problem with it until years after and the problems now are just a result of age, that problem is if it gets jerked too much, the cartridge will tilt and the audio will mess up and the grapics will either look odd or the game will freeze, but if i'm gentle around it, it works fine, I also had a game boy color, the only problem with it was it's size, it was too easy to lose, other than that, no problems, I then got a game boy advance, no problem except there is no backlit screen and the worm light dosen't work that well, then I got a game boy advance SP for the backlit screen, no problem with it, then the PSP came out and I went to the SONY side for a while, when the Gamecube came out, I got the PS2 instead because the gamecube's controller didn't seem to make sense, then when I got the Wii, I figured out I was wrong, the only problems I had with the Wii was it froze once and I had connection errors, I solved the connection errors by changing the settings on my router, after wards I had no problems

Last edited:
That makes sense then about the me not reading everything, I looked back and I did see you had edited stuff. I think almost everyone gets the disc read error problem with the PS2 but that is just because after many many hours of gameplay and the fan working, it is gonna get dust in it. Other then that, my PS2 has had no problems.

On the handhelds though, I did in fact go with the DS instead of the PSP, but I got the DS before the PSP ever came out and am now angry for not waiting to get the PSP (mainly because of the PSP being compatible with the PS3). The DS was a good handheld though, so I have nothing against Nintendo.

On the other hand, I do hate xbox and xbox 360. I don't really have a reason other then I'm a Sony fan, and most Sony fans do hate the xboxs'. I do understand $600 is a lot of money to put out there for a game console, but it is a pretty awesome system. The Wii has some good things, and more will come out, but I just like more of the less children type games, since most of the games the Wii does come out with are in fact tended for younger kids and everything of the sort.

The problems you had with your Sony products seems like how many problems I had with Nintendo products as well. It all started when I was about 7 or something, and my NES stopped working, that system was great and I still wish I had it. After that I ended up getting a N64, that was a lot of fun. Then it just stopped reading the games. I should say though, all the handhelds were in fact great all up until the DS. I purchased my DS a while ago, when they first came out. Well I was playing my DS a lot when I first got it. Then I saw something on the touch screen that didn't seem right. It was in fact, a dead pixel. I had purchased one of the earlier DS's that had a dead pixel. Other then that though, the DS was/is a great handheld. Now with the PS1, I never had any problems with that. The PS2 I stated before, the disk read error, other then that perfect. Now with the PS3, I haven't had a single problem with it. The Wii has frozen on me a few times though. Thats why is seems to me that Sony was more reliable, but as I said maybe I'm just unlucky with nintendo products.

Overall, both the PS3 and the Wii are good systems though. Haven't played my Wii in a while since I beat zelda though, and have just been playing my PS3 most of the time.

Jer5078 i think your unlucky with nintendo products as for me all the sony products i baught started acting up the week i got or a month or 2 later.. as for nintendo so far since the nes all cherry baby .. lol example of sony baught ps1 first week it came out same week had to play it upside down cause of the laser thing wouldnt work properly.. anyone had do that to theres?..sony psp month or 2 later started acting up took along time to read those umd games .. and i do take really good care of my psp just dont know why it started acting up..though ive read somewhere on the net that if you leave a umd game in there it ruins the lens .. dont know how that its possible lol maybe that wat happend to mines..

Jer5078 said:
That makes sense then about the me not reading everything, I looked back and I did see you had edited stuff. I think almost everyone gets the disc read error problem with the PS2 but that is just because after many many hours of gameplay and the fan working, it is gonna get dust in it. Other then that, my PS2 has had no problems.

On the handhelds though, I did in fact go with the DS instead of the PSP, but I got the DS before the PSP ever came out and am now angry for not waiting to get the PSP (mainly because of the PSP being compatible with the PS3). The DS was a good handheld though, so I have nothing against Nintendo.

On the other hand, I do hate xbox and xbox 360. I don't really have a reason other then I'm a Sony fan, and most Sony fans do hate the xboxs'. I do understand $600 is a lot of money to put out there for a game console, but it is a pretty awesome system. The Wii has some good things, and more will come out, but I just like more of the less children type games, since most of the games the Wii does come out with are in fact tended for younger kids and everything of the sort.

The problems you had with your Sony products seems like how many problems I had with Nintendo products as well. It all started when I was about 7 or something, and my NES stopped working, that system was great and I still wish I had it. After that I ended up getting a N64, that was a lot of fun. Then it just stopped reading the games. I should say though, all the handhelds were in fact great all up until the DS. I purchased my DS a while ago, when they first came out. Well I was playing my DS a lot when I first got it. Then I saw something on the touch screen that didn't seem right. It was in fact, a dead pixel. I had purchased one of the earlier DS's that had a dead pixel. Other then that though, the DS was/is a great handheld. Now with the PS1, I never had any problems with that. The PS2 I stated before, the disk read error, other then that perfect. Now with the PS3, I haven't had a single problem with it. The Wii has frozen on me a few times though. Thats why is seems to me that Sony was more reliable, but as I said maybe I'm just unlucky with nintendo products.

Overall, both the PS3 and the Wii are good systems though. Haven't played my Wii in a while since I beat zelda though, and have just been playing my PS3 most of the time.
WOW, with the problems you had with nintendo, I would of done the same thing, you're right about the DS, at first whe I got the PSP, to me the DS was bulky, and the tough screen had an attendency to get dirt in the screen, and since it is a touch screen, and uses a stylus, there is always the chance the the stylus can peirce the screen, and that's never good, the only reason i'm after the DS now is because of Super Mario 64 DS and diddy knog racing, I guess both the DS and PSP are really great handhelds, it just matters which one you choose first, if I ever get up to $600 for a galing console, I might take the PS3 for a spin:D

Hybrid said:
how does this show the wii is winning? It definitely shows that ps3 is loosing but.....

It shows the Wii is winning because it's sold nearly half of what the Xbox has sold in a year.

gamechaser001 said:
, the only reason i'm after the DS now is because of Super Mario 64 DS and diddy knog racing, I guess both the DS and PSP are really great handhelds, it just matters which one you choose first, if I ever get up to $600 for a galing console, I might take the PS3 for a spin:D

If you get a DS you should tell me :p, we could race in Mario Kart DS, that game was great, I played it a lot, even beat it. I will probley get Diddy kong racing as well in the future. Yeah $600 is a lot of money to come up with though. I did it though because I am a big Sony fan and knew it would be great. Its a lot of fun, now I just need to find me a PSP for cheap so I can use the extra features the PS3 has to offer with the PS3 :p

Ruman said:
Obviously, he cares. Although it makes him look like a grammar freak...
well yah i figured someone would say that but mostly when people say who cares? they mean to exclude the person who cared (ie: other people who care)

p.s. i dont know what ie means but i see it used in those terms, or somtehing xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back