Why do you guys hate so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiipwnage said:
Actually 250$ for a gamecube/NES/SNES/Sega/TurboGrafx/N64 with novelty remote. then ya.

Flash Games on the internet =D. I know it's boring but who cares =P, it's free!

Wii&Ps3 said:
wii= Great entertainment for kids
360= not bad, but its not great. Its last years technology that will be obselete in a coupl of years.
ps3= One of the best (and cheapest) blu ray players on the market, best graphics, free online, and lots of other things.

kids only? Adults 30+ also buy this console. Also i just kinda wished sony took out the blu-ray player..it's just so useless, $30 for a blu-ray disc to me is not worth it. Go to blockbuster and buy a DvD for only $7-$10. A movie depends on the storyline not how realistic it is. If sony did do this it will probably be only 350-400, which is affordable and probably many more people would buy it. And sadly PS3 had the worst launched system in history. I hope the PS3 can somehow make a comeback..

You're all basically saying it's too expensive... well thats your problem, doesn't make it any less of a good console.

RivalDestiny said:
it is a good console, i just don't think it's worth the $.

Well I'd say it is worth it... but not many people are willing to buy it for that much, it has gone a bit over the top with its features, with the blu ray player and everything it is a good price, but it isn't completely necessary.

For someone willing to pay £425 for it, it's ok. They shouldn't be criticised for buying it though.

i like the ps3, but i'm gonna wait possibly 2 or 3 years.

i want the bugs to all be ironed out, and possibly price drops.

i actually got my ps2 when the ps3 came out - maybe i'll wait until the next playstation comes out =p

asdfnick said:
i agree. This is a much better approach to media. Plus, you wont have to pay redicoulous amounts of cash for a 3 gig blue dvd
Wait, so the Blu-Ray is only going to be 3GB? I'm stickin to a normal DVD with 1.7GB more space than a Blu-Ray, if what you say is true that is, that's right, the average DVD±R/RW holds 4.7GB, and for DVD±R/RW DL that's around 8~9GB, a whopping 6GB more than what you say Blu-Ray can handle

The Blu-Ray Disc can really hold 25GB, a DL disc can hold 50GB

I do believe you are right about the disc being blue thing, but I think that's just an advertising joke since it's called Blu-Ray, I bet they will be in different colors like they do CDs and DVDs, but it is read by a blue-violet ray of light hence Blu-Ray

http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/#bluray_name

gamechaser001 said:
Wait, so the Blu-Ray is only going to be 3GB? I'm stickin to a normal DVD with 1.7GB more space than a Blu-Ray, if what you say is true that is, that's right, the average DVD±R/RW holds 4.7GB, and for DVD±R/RW DL that's around 8~9GB, a whopping 6GB more than what you say Blu-Ray can handle

The Blu-Ray Disc can really hold 25GB, a DL disc can hold 50GB

I do believe you are right about the disc being blue thing, but I think that's just an advertising joke since it's called Blu-Ray, I bet they will be in different colors like they do CDs and DVDs, but it is read by a blue-violet ray of light hence Blu-Ray

http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/#bluray_name
lol dont take what i said about the blu ray seriously. i have no idea how big it is. i was just estimating. it is about the size of 4 dvds tho. I was just saying its just a larger dvd that you pay more for, where if you downloaded it, you would just be paying for the media, not the blu ray disc itself

When I was anticipating the release of the next gen consoles I was getting ready to buythe PS3 for sure. When they announced the price of the PS3 at $600 I thought wow thats a lot of money, but at least I get a blue ray player w/it. I am not a hardcore gamer, but I have 3 kids 10 and younger and they have enjoyed the PS2 I purchased way back when they were released. I have a nice samsung hdtv and I thought the blue ray would be awesome as well. So I went out on the release day of the PS3 and waitied in line in vain was not even close to getting one, and I was a little bummed out.

I had heard a little about the wii and thought it sounded a little gimmicky with the wimote and nunchuck and all. After the wii came out I was a little suprised at the amount of buzz and how well it was selling. I started looking into it a little more, getting on forums, reading reviews etc.. I was shocked by what I was hearing about the system and the innovations (wii channels vc etc) they had built into the system. I thought the lack of a true next gen graphics chip was a deal killer, I guess I like to think of myself as cutting edge, I am known as the gadget guy at work, latest phone, pda, mp3 etc.

Well christmas came and went and no PS3's to be found in stores (ebay for 1500 or so, %*#@ that, no way I was paying that much). So I decided to wait around pick one up after the buzz settled. Thing is the more I read about the wii the more I thought it might be better ($350 less, I have an upconverting dvd with HDMI looks awesome on my tv people think its a High def DVD or blue ray.)

The day finally came..... I found a PS3 in stores, more than one actually early january they were all over the place Wal-mart, Target Yes yes yes. Only one thing, I didnt want one anymore I wanted a wii, even never having played with one other than store display models. Why, money first, but I honestly thought the wii would be more fun and with the money saved I could get a lot of accessorys and games. I really have a nice DVD collection now how much will it cost to get my favorite movies in blue ray????? A lot.....

One problem no wii's to be found. I made friends with several Target employees trying to get inside info on when they would be getting next shipment, at several stores no less. Still no luck, they would get them in and bam...... gone in minutes 25 at one store 28 at another. Im a busy 30 somthing guy no time to wait for 6 to 8 hrs before a store opens :( .

Well boys and girls this long winded story has a happy ending. Happened to go to target and they had recived a shipment of 28 wii's. There were 2 left when I got there. Yeeeeee Haaawww. Picked one up. Thought about both and ebaying the other, but if someone else had been waiting like me they would be bummed out not to get the last one so I left it.

All I can say is WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW, this is fun, and I just have wii sports right now (downloaded super mario world as well). No regrets. Even if the ps3 was $350 I don't know if I would have purchased it at this point (price reduction is already rumored for the PS3, although I'm sure not that much).

Ok this post is a little long for my first post here at this forum, and maybe my longest on any forum ever, but the wii is so much fun my kids can not stop playing, wii sports .I may not need to buy them a game for months (yea who am I kidding). The thing is my youngest 5yr old to my oldest 10 yr old to me all play and have a blast.

I can see this is the start of a long and happy relationship, if not with people here at least with my wii and my mii's.

If sony truly wanted a winner they would have truly innovated. Some, perhaps many will argue that Sony did that, However wii is a whole new interactive way to play games, from what I have read other games are also a blast with the motion sensing capabilites as well. Sony will do fine with the PS3, however I predict that during the lifecyle of the current next gen systems the wii will stay on top, unless sony cuts the price big time, and loses thier shorts on the PS3.

If anyone has read this whole post you have far to much time on your hands J/K.

Thanks and Piece....
EZ

lol, that was preeeetty long! I think I read it all, but pretty good! The wii is great fun, for some, the PS3 must be fun too, for some!

the price will come down... remeber when ps2 came out at what 450 500 bucks... they said... were selling it below cost so its a good deal ya a year latter they were 250.. now they are 129.99 new... it will come down in price they just have to make up the cost of the systems at first the launch period of it..anyone who works in electronics knows thats the way it works.. i use to make bose dvd systems.. they use to be 5 grand each now they are down to 3...lol wooptiedoo for most people but thats a pretty big price drop....

the problem is sonys being arogant with its tech again... no one makes blue ray disk cause sony owns the patent so it may cost them say 3 dollars to make a disk at sony well if say disney wants to make one not only do they have to buy all the hard and software to burn it but after they pay 3 dollars to make a disk sony expects them to pay another dollar to them for the patent because they are so great for comming out with it.. no one will do that

sony has tryed this time and time again with minidisk,laserdisk, etc.. stuff that never worked... or didnt work untill they let go of the patent the minidisk for gamecube was a sony patent product from like 89-about 97 the only people who even had minidisk was people that had soney stereos in there home and car cause it was the only place you could play it.. no one would pay sony to make the disk or the players.. but sony hopped they would... not that it wasnt a good idea they didnt hold as much memory but were much smaller and easy to carry...
the second they backed outta that and gave up the patent everyone took it..nintendo game cube.. and little computer programs or drivers used them,even the minidvd camcorders was open to anyone who wanted to make one not just handy cams...lol... the problem is blueray and hddvd are the same way and when you look at sales you can already see its dead a new movie is released they can sell millions of copies in the first couple weeks... blueray and HDDVD havent sold a million copies combined with there entire library.. and i never plan to get one i have no need to ive got a huge HDDVR ontop my t.v. all i need a movie for is to take it to a friends and i just burn it onto a 25 cent dvd for that... why would i waste the money

really it was 2 bad calls on sonys part
Adding Blue ray...you cant have the high price and the crappy player that will be obsolete in 5-10 years replaced with DVR's and memory cards

and thinking they could up the price of a system again and still sell it... PS2 didnt do the best at launch eaither cause it was the highest priced console ever released at that time

Last edited:
honestly i would like to buy a ps3 but i hate when company's thow a format onto consumers(bluray) and then expect the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back