Why do you guys hate so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate to say it but i think its gonna kill sony... or atleast knock them down a bit which sucks.. cause i love sony t.v's and stereos and the worse they do the more i pay..lol and its time for a new t.v. in the game room so i dont know, i guess we will have to wait it out and see... they obviously cant ditch the blueray they have to much invested.. but if they can lower the price of the players and disk they might make some money on it before its obsolete..

as for ps3 i think they should make a 20gig nonblueray version.. cause the hard core sony fans are still gonna spend 600 bucks for top of the line but the people that like sony not love..lol will be willing to pay 350-400 for a 20gig noblue ray system... i would ive got a ps1 and ps2 chillen all lonely here but i wont pay for something i really dont need...

ya 425.. are we talking US currancy? its 600 dollars US here for a new PS3 60 gig buddy... or sorry 599.99

and the 20 gig is 499.99 im sure they could knock off atleast 100 bucks from the price if they deleted blueray... if not more god forbid it becomes the same price as the 360... and they just charge you for the blueray drive... that would... make sense and all..lol

just so you know sony smells its own %#$@ and it dont stink..lol

Last edited:
i love all game systems. as long as its fun, i could care less if i played a handheld lcd game. and that's what systems are about. i love my wii and i've considered getting a ps3, but as good as the graphics/features are, there's not enough games for it yet so i'll wait, maybe:ihih:

Celestial said:
Well I'd say it is worth it... but not many people are willing to buy it for that much, it has gone a bit over the top with its features, with the blu ray player and everything it is a good price, but it isn't completely necessary.

For someone willing to pay £425 for it, it's ok. They shouldn't be criticised for buying it though.

i agree, since blu-rays go for maybe $1000 a piece? But it would be kinda cool if they made a PS3 without blu-ray and one with.

Last edited:
Yup! But all consoles have to have something really special in them...
Wii - The wii remote
Xbox 360 - Xbox Live
PS3 - Blu Ray

i'll eventually have to get them all anyways. So far i have a wii and of course im sure sometime I will hve to get a PS3 and the xbox mainly cause of online. PS3 for some good RPG with some other decent games like Ratchet or Jak. Xbox for FPS.

asdfnick said:
lol dont take what i said about the blu ray seriously. i have no idea how big it is. i was just estimating. it is about the size of 4 dvds tho. I was just saying its just a larger dvd that you pay more for, where if you downloaded it, you would just be paying for the media, not the blu ray disc itself
1 Blu-Ray would be the equivilant of 6 DVDs (roughly, i'm rounding myself i'm taking the .7 of the 4.7 out of the problem)but still 5~6 DVDs, close though, you might have been thinking of a CD which holds 700 MB, you can estimate, but with your estimate, that puts Blu-Ray behind DVD, and why would they make the next gen HD video format smaller than a DVD? I'm sorry, you were just way off on your estimate, I might of said the same myself if I wasn't into optical media, but since I burn on some type of optical media almost every day, the data capacity burns itself in my mind

A rough estimate for the optical media from the CD to the HD disc format are

-CD.......................700MB
-DVD.....................4GB
-DVD-DL................8GB
-Blu-Ray................25GB
-Blu-Ray DL............50GB
-HD-DVD................15GB
-HD-DVD DL............30GB

i hate these ps3 crap and utter bo***ks have you heard that once you put a game into your ps3 its security code or somthing lock with your console so you can't take it too your mate's house or out what a ripp of eyy !!!!!

For me, my console choices went in a complete loop, making me try consoles from each company, my first console was the Nintendo 64, I really enjoyed it, then I knew somebody that had a PS2, and every time we played games on it, the blue and green LEDs hypnotized me to get one, talk about subliminal advertising, *hypnosis"use your friends PS2, you will want one"hypnosis*, anyway, soon after I got one, another friend of mine got an XBOX, when I saw the power it had, I had to get one, but I already had the PS2, why get both? So I waited it out, when the XBOX 360 came out, I drooled every time I saw it, but I always had the feeling that it was unwanted in my family, so I just forgot about it, then my brother asked for one and said he would pay for half of it, I said I would pay for the other half, so we got the XBOX 360, after i got the xbox 360, and had to share it with my brother, I wanted to get a console of my own, so I can take it with me to friends houses and stuff like that, my choices were the PS3 and the Wii, I looked at the PS3 at $600 and thought, "Hmmm, no", then I looked at the Wii, resonable price, fun, can play my good ol' favroite nintendo and sega games from yesteryear, the Wii sounded more promising than the PS3, even though the PS3 had compatibility to my PSP, so I went with the Nintnedo Wii, and now I went in a complete loop from the Nintendo 64 to the Nintendo Wii, while trying out the Playstation 2 and the XBOX 360

redsteel07 said:
i hate these ps3 crap and utter bo***ks have you heard that once you put a game into your ps3 its security code or somthing lock with your console so you can't take it too your mate's house or out what a ripp of eyy !!!!!
I heard that, but it's not true, tehy might have something similar for if you download a game and burn it that way people can't just copy the game and sell the copy or something like that, if the PS3 game really linked with the console, the people at Blockbuster and gamefly would really ahve some problems on their hands, I heard nothing yet

the only way they could lock it to your system is if everyone was online with there PS3 im pretty sure Blueray doesnt mean it can burn the disk... and a disk cant get the information to lock out without another hardware supported program tells it to and sends it to all connected PS3's not possibal.. unless of course they added a burner into it... then it could burn in a finalize code into the Disk.. but like he said.. that would leave game renters out of luck unless they had there own batch of games....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back