Why do you guys hate so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
re

BlenderWizard said:
That's exactly what's so bad about it... adding Blu Ray was a stupid, stupid idea, and an expensive one.

How much would it have cost without it?

Something else to think about: how many of Sony's other proprietary media formats have been a success?

yeah they should have added a dvd drive and been exactly like the wii and 360 :eek:ut: They added blu ray so developers could make much larger games with better graphics and sound. It was a smart idea putting their new format in a console that will sell millions. If there are millions of blu ray players on the market, what do you think will happen to blu ray sales? Microsoft screwed up by not including it in the 360.

hmm, then again, if blu ray dose fail as a movie format, weve yet to even see its potential with games, maybe its more of a gaming system than we think....

re

Master Foot said:
The main reason is because of BluRay. The format it clearly unproven. There are even accounts of some BluRay movies not playing well on PLAYSTAION 3s AND SONY's OWN BLURAY PLAYERS! I would not want to commit to technology like that. If you beleive Sony when they say that BluRay can teoretically go up to 100GB, then you are an idiot to believe their lies and empty promises. Sony is known for not making good optical drives. Tell that to my dead PS1 and PS2, RIP.

I thought the PS3 can do everything. Tell me about this technology called the "com-pu-ter" :aureola:

Hd dvd is uproven as well, Whats your point? All blu ray movies I played in my ps3 have worked perfect. Maybe I just got lucky?

Actually they will be releasing blu ray disks that can support 200gb. Btw I have a first generation ps2 and it works fine. So does my brother, and my best friend :thumbsup:

Wii&Ps3 said:
Hd dvd is uproven as well, Whats your point? All blu ray movies I played in my ps3 have worked perfect. Maybe I just got lucky?

Actually they will be releasing blu ray disks that can support 200gb. Btw I have a first generation ps2 and it works fine. So does my brother, and my best friend :thumbsup:
200gb, thats bigger than my computer hd :confused: :confused:

and resistance had a hard time getting 20gb, all though it is just a shooter

Resistance is 15gb I believe. fps are usually small games. The campaign is small, and the multiplayer doesnt take up much room. Metal gear solid four will probably be over 25gb. Im guessing they will use a dual layer disk for that and push it closer to 50gb.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Resistance is 15gb I believe. fps are usually small games. The campaign is small, and the multiplayer doesnt take up much room. Metal gear solid four will probably be over 25gb. Im guessing they will use a dual layer disk for that and push it closer to 50gb.
oh yah, it was rumored it was 19gb then at the last minute they said after compressing it got down to 15gb (along thoes lines)

actually thats not true. on the low end stand alone blu ray players, it barely was equivalent to 75% of the low end player.

The only reason i will probably never end up buying a PS3 is because it cost so much. I don't have 700 on me... not even close to 400 right now.

Oh well. Maybe in 3 or 4 years when it gets to a price range i can afford it at. Oh, and lets not forget that i still haven't gotten the 360 or Wii yet...

i dont hate ps3, i hate sony tho. Sony are a bag of soggy walnuts.

They ripped out their rumble feature cause they wanted to shove in motion sensor since Nintendo was taking the risk themselves. So Sony just follows. I do think it is expensive, but how wouldnt it be with the beastly parts it has in it. I do think Bluray is a waste of time ans $ for developers tho.

Hmm, why do I hate on the ps3 so much. Hmm. Hmm. Hmm.

I mean it couldn't be the fact that I spent over $600 on ps3 crap, only to have it used for nothing more than a paperweight. Seriously, If I didn't have a 360, I would probably be playing dreamcast. The games are just so shitty. And I wish they would stop trying to be trendy or whatever and get a real funtioning firmware os on there machines. And not to mention any of the games out now on the ps3 that are also on the 360....have lame graphics compared to the 360 versions. The lighting just blows, if you even want to call it lighting.

And if your stupid ass is now planning on selling your 360 to get a ps3, like you sold your wii to get a 360, you will not only be dissapointed, but you will get flamed so hard.

Last edited:
Wii&Ps3 said:

Well, let me rephrase. Both HDVD and BluRay are unproven. The thing is HDDDVD uses some of the same manufacturing equipment and technology. ony had to build new plants to make the BluRay diode. That cost is being passed onto you for a long time. HDDVD will get cheaper faster. That is all any game developer or movie studio cares about. That and making profit.

Do you really believe Sony's lies about a 200GB BluRay disc? I will beleive it when I see it. LOL you can probably buy a 1TB HDD for the same price that thing is going to cost.

I love it when people talk about how there is going to be a 200gb blu-ray disc. That is blu-ray's disc potential, it doesn't mean they are actually going to have 200 gb blu-ray discs widespread out on the market.

That so called 200GB blu ray disc will probably be in a 2 inch thick cartrige for protection. What's next a 10GB UMD movie disc? wait a minute...UMD movies TANKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back