Realms--Official RP

"Jacob Senri. Don't suppose you might know but, would you have any info on the old sage that lived in that town? I came looking for him only to find a fight and no surviving villagers."

"But Jackie-Li, we get treated like dogs every day! You can save us, I know you can!"
Jackie-Li chuckled and rubbed little Xiao-ling on the head. "Its not that simple Xiao. I wish it were. You must have patience. Like a trapped tiger, it waits for the perfect time to pounce. If it's the right time, then the tiger frees himself, but if he becomes impatient and goes too soon, the tiger might be killed by his captors." The little boy crossed his arms and sulked. Then he stood up and said loudly, "But the tiger is strong! He can kill anything!" Jackie-Li laughed and said, "Yes, the tiger is very strong, but when his claws are dulled by his captors and his fangs too, he has to fight with his wits, not his strength."
Xiao-Ling sat down and thought to himself. Then he looked up at the full moon. "Jackie-Li, when I grow up, I want to be a strong fighter, just like you." Jackie-Li smiled. "Thank you for your kind words, but I think when you get my age you'll be even stronger than me." Xiao-Ling looked to Jackie-Li. "Stronger than you!?" He exclaimed, "But nobody is stronger than you Jackie! You're the worlds strongest fighter!"
Jackie-Li was quiet, then he stood. "C'mon Xiao, your mother is probably wondering where you are." He said. "Aw, I want you to teach me more fighting Jackie-Li." Jackie patted the boy on the back and said, "Maybe tomorrow Xiao. Me and your brother will teach you." Xiao-Ling giggled and said, "Wan-Ling is good, but you're better than him and it makes him very mad."
"Your brother is a skilled fighter, probablly the best I've had the privalege of sparring with, but he lets his temper get the best of him. Maybe if he didn't let his emotions control him, he'd be better than me. Run along now." Xiao-Ling started to run down the dirt road then stopped and turned to Jackie-Li. "Come by my house later, my mom likes having you over for supper." said Xiao-Ling, then he ran home.
Jackie-Li then began practicing in the meadow, only the moonlight to keep him company. As he practiced, words from his fathers teachings flodded his mind.
Hours later, Jackie-Li walked down the dirt road, on his way to the Ling house. *Gasp* "N...NOOOO!!!"
Jackie ran full sprint to the Ling house, wich was now burnt down. Small fires and smoke were every where. Before reaching the house he saw his friend Wan-Ling hanging lifeless from a tree. Painted on his chest was a red circle. A commonly known symbol warning people to never cross the Destry Dynasty or similar fate to you and your loved ones will ensue. Jackie-Li made it to the house to find Wans mother dead. Then he found Xiao-Ling lying in the ruins of the house. Jackie-Li dropped to his knees and held the boy in his arms. He gave him a quick shake. "XIAO! XIAO! XIOA-LING!!!"
The boys eyes slowly opened as he muttered, "Ja...ckie. The tiger... didn't... wait...." He closed his eyes as his body grew limp.
"No, No, Xiao, not Xiao, XIIIIIAAAAAOOOOO!!!" Yelled Jackie-Li as he looked to the sky. Tears poared out of his eyes as he held the lifeless, innocient child in his arms.

The time for patience is over.

Richand shook his head.
"Sorry, but I don't know anything about a sage. Listen, it's getting dark. My friend and I were going to set up camp over there in the woods. You're welcome to join us for the night."
Richand passed a suspicious glance over him.
"You're not Destry, are you?"

"No way, I hate Destry. I'm from Drosin." Jacob got up and followed Richand back to the camp site. Thats when he noticed a beautiful woman. "Wow. Who're you?"

Siana bowed politely.
"Nice to meet you, sir, I'm Siana, of the Makantes family."
Richand sat down and took off his sword and sheath.
"Mind if I ask what a traveller is doing all the way out here? What did you want from the sage in that village?"

"I'm Jacob Senri." Jacob sat down and placed his rod next to him.

"Now your question. I wanted to see the sage cause as a sage, well, he knows stuff. I was hoping he could possibly have some info on my power." Jacobs cheek glowed red and his rod floated into the air. "Religious texts or priests have no idea and scientists are stumpted by it. So I've been tracking down wise people here in Drosin." The glow stopped and the rod fell to the ground. "That sage was one of two leads. The other is an old village elder, a bit further north. It was where I was headed when you stopped me for questions."

Siana was fascinated by the strange power.
"Wow... I've never seen anything like that before... is it magic-based, or is it some sort of power derived from a Zodiac element or ancient rune?"
Behind her, Richand made a shrugging motion to Jacob, indicating that he didn't understand a word she was saying.

"Uhh....I don't know. Thats why was looking for the wise men. If I knew I probably would not even be mixed up in this war."

Richand nodded.
"I see. Well, we're heading north too. We could travel together a ways until we get to the village, which is probably wise considering that Destry forces become more and more common up ahead."

"Really? I thought they were keeping to the border still. I didn't know they had been pushing further into Drosin." Jacob Thought for a moment. Travel with them or continue by myself? If I'm with them it'll be easier to live, but they might get caught up in my trouble. If I go alone I'm more likely to get captured or killed. Hmm...what to do...

Jacob had been thinking for a couple minutes before, "Sure. I guess we can work together for awhile."

OoC:i'm going offline for awhile

Richand smiled.
"Great. It's getting late, so I think we should all rest."
Richand laid down on the soft earth and was soon asleep. Sia leaned on the trunk of a tree and looked up at the stars, slowly drifting to sleep.

Sekhmet rushed down the halls and out of the castle towards Satra's Keep. He banged against the wooden door repeatedly, but there was no answer.

"Ughh, It figures that Satra would not be at her abode." Sekhmet quickly jotted down a note in Sanscript onto a small piece of parchment, and stuck it inside the door. "I'll meet you at Hrothgese, just beyond the border in Drosin mountains."

Sekhmet turned and swiftly borded his horse. He rode with his mercenaries towards the border, galloping at a heavy pace. Satra can wait, he thought, I need to complete my mission.

He glanced to his side, seeing the village he had recently ravaged still seethed in flames. He did not care. It was irrelevant to him. He rode on, screening the dark horizen intently. He turned, back toward the burning village. He decided it would be easier to use roads when travelling at night.

He followed the path for a while with his troops, until something caught his eye. A small fire, lit just off the path in the forest, and it looked like stragglers were surrounding it. Roughly, 3. This could be fun, Sekhmet thought as he galloped into the woods towards the small campsite. He and the four Elite soldiers demounted their horses as they crept closer to the campers.

He realized the three of them were asleep, and he recognized one of them. The villager who attacked me... he thought to himself. He knew the man was dangerous. As he studied the man, he noticed his cheeks glowing slightly red as he slept, minutely levitating various objects. Ahhhh....the boy's a Teleophile...

That explains why he was so dangerous. He could indeed be a great ally, he had not seen a Teleophile since his times in Ammet where they were common, long, long ago. He signaled his soldiers, and they moved into position, angling their blades at the sleepers throats.

"Ahem," Sekhmet said loudly enough to wake them, "You are now under arrest by order of Lord Valentine, Ruler of Destry. Surrender, and your lives will be spared."

Richand awoke from his sleep to find he and his friends surrounded by Destrian soldiers and one who seemed to be their leader. Richand instantly recoginized him from pictures he had seen.
Sekhmet! This could be difficult if we don't work together.
He quickly looked around to see if he could reach his weapon, but it was next to Siana, who had a guard right beside her. However, he wasn't pointing a blade at her throat.
They think she's the least powerful of us...
Richand gave a barely visible nod to Siana, who knew exactly what to do. Spinning to face her captor, she outstretched her palm and let out a small blast of flame, knocking him back. At the same time, she kicked Richands' sword, Stargleam, to him. Grasping it with lightning speed, he jumped up and smacked the guards around him away with a swing of the blunt end of his blade.
"Sorry, but surrender just isn't my style."

ooc; satra isn't in destry, she is in Salfir with the conquering army. And I can't post with her for a while. So Storm your character needs to go there.

Also, the Destry army shouldn't go any farther north past the river. Drosin has a large army, and it's kinda unfair for Destry to just walk right through the country laying waste to everything in their path.

Last edited:
Back