Why do you guys hate so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arent bluray games currently (could decrease or increase on sales/etc who knows) $70-80+ ?

I dont know much about it, cause i dont really care bout blurays so ive never looked em up lol. If Sony wanted to be really 'cool' in there terms tho, they could get the new type of CD/DVD that holds over 1Million songs (not sure of size) but the player would boost the price up... several thousand... thousands :p (they've seriously got one of those tho, but of course not in production due to HUGE costs)

I have to admit, Sony did do a pretty good job with the computer graphics. Trust me, I've seen it- so clear... But I, as a gamer, care wa-a-ay more about gameplay than graphics. So that's why the PS3 doesn't interest me:thumbsup:

Cap'n Crunch said:
smart people like me who know a blueray player alone runs for about $900, we know that the ps3 is definatley worth it

But that all hinges on whether or not blu-ray wins the format war. If it does, PS3 sales will skyrocket, regardless of price. If it loses, PS3 will become worthless, since it pretty much centers around Blu-Ray. If Blu-Ray loses, no new games will come out, because Sony is too arrogant to admit defeat and accept change.

Ruman said:
But that all hinges on whether or not blu-ray wins the format war. If it does, PS3 sales will skyrocket, regardless of price. If it loses, PS3 will become worthless, since it pretty much centers around Blu-Ray. If Blu-Ray loses, no new games will come out, because Sony is too arrogant to admit defeat and accept change.

and as it looks, Blu-ray is doing pretty crappy.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Why wouldnt the wii be sold out? Its $250 and offers something totally different than anything else on the market. My point is that everyone says the ps3 are sitting on shelves, and there is no demand. If there wasnt a demand, then why have they almost doubled 360 sales? They havent even touched europe and australia. Microsoft did a global launch and still didnt sell as many. The 360 demand is not high anymore. I can walk into any store that carries them and buy one without a problem. Why do you think there are ads at every single store with microsoft giving incentives? Like a free game, controller, or $100 off. They know sony is selling alot of units and will continue to do so. If microsoft wasnt worried they wouldnt be doing all of those things.

My prediction for the wii. It will sell a ton of units. If sony ever catches up it will probably be at least 2 years down the road. However sony isnt in a direct competition with the wii, because they appeal mostly to two different crowds. Sony is going after microsoft, and I believe they will sell more units in the future. Probably not for at least 1-2 years at the least. Imo it doesnt matter who sells more units. All 3 systems are selling alot, and thats all developers will look at to decide if they will make a game for that system.

Phillips just dropped the price of their blu ray players to $600. They are finally starting to come down. They will need to be alot lower though until consumers start to pick them up. I cant prove that blu ray will win the format war. Nobody knows. I base my opinions from facts. I could very well be wrong, but when there are alot more blu ray players than hd dvd players in peoples homes, who do you think will win?

Lastly why do you care that sony put a blu ray player in the ps3? They had to do a new format that will hold more data. They could go the hd dvd route, or maximize their profits and use the format that they developed. They made the right moves with the ps3, and I think they will be very profitable from it.

Sorry if it seems like an attack on my part first of all :p

I never stated that there was no demand just that the demand simply just isn't as high for the PS3 as the Wii. Of course the xbox360 isnt selling well at the moment, for one its already sold a hell of a lot of units. For two we have two brand new systems that are of course going to take over the fame for now. I had a 360 I didn't like it, I got rid of it. Compared to the Wii the PS3 is in extremely low demand.

However, Sony is in direct competition with both MS and Nintendo for one simple reason. This is the next generation of gaming all three of them are of course competing for the best market share for their products. It would be stupid of them to do otherwise. Sony's PSX and PS2 were well recieved by the general consumer and being so most of the people that even bought a PS3 most likely owned at least a PSX or PS2 so far. People are buying it to play games on not as a media center machine, if they were they'd just get a decent PC for $600+tax+sh that would have much more space, many more features, and upgradeable. Thats where sony gets me---they try to con the consumer into thinking they are getting more than they actually are with the PS3 when truth be told no one knows if its going to be HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. I love the idea of Blu-Ray for data storage for PC reasons other than that HD-DVD appears to be the superior format given the technical specs. Doesn't mean I'm right or that HD-DVD will "win" though.

PS Sony could have also used a DVDDL drive doubling its storage as a DVD OR they could have added another layer to the DL discs for their game system---they didnt because they want to force consumers to pick up Blu-Ray. They could have then sold the PS3 upto $200-$300 cheaper than they already are selling it for.

CrowTRobot said:
You could buy a Chevy Aveo for cheap and it's different than other cars on the market...so why aren't Aveos dominating in sales?

Low cost and unique play are not the driving force behind Wii's success...it's the fun factor. I, like many gamers with jobs, could afford any of the three newest systems. I chose Wii because it was fun to play...something I hadn't felt about a console since SNES.

PS3 has it's strengths, there's nothing wrong with the system. I just think that if a person wants to plunk down $600 for a "gaming computer", you're better off spending a bit more and building your own pc with better specs.

Amen if your considering a PS3 you may as well just get a REAL PC. The car analogy was brilliant by the way. Fun is what matters, the Wii is just plain fun for most consumers.

sagema said:
They can OMG put FF13 on two or three DVDs! They did it with MGS Online, Xeno Saga 2, and many other PS2 games, and the price was still cheaper than a $60 game. FF7, one of the greatest Sony games ever made was a Multi CD based game. The whole point of Blue Ray, and Sony said this, "It's cheaper to produce."

I own multiple Sony products, and I'm very pissed at the outright greed they are displaying on the PS3.

You should be shot for saying that FF7 was a SONY game lol :yikes:

Yes Sony did claim this on their own website that the Blu-Ray was cheaper to produce. But thats besides the point here.

Ruman said:

Yes it indeed does. the PS3 wont become worthless per say...it will just be worthless for movies and other media. Developers/Publishers will still gladly make games for the PS3 on blu-ray discs. Sony will not admit their defeat if and when it happens but they WILL definitely still be making games for the PS3.

OdinsFury said:
The PS3 didn't need to have blue ray for the games, that's why it sucks. It should have been 400 and not 600 that way. Microsoft has even stated that they will not be releasing games on the HD-DVD drive. Why not? Because games are just starting to be released that actually fill a standard dual layer DVD and games are no where near close to filling a disc with blueray storage capacity. The blueray does not increase the performance of the system for games and that is why Microsoft didn't include an HD-DVD drive with the system, instead they gave their customers the option to get it later.

resistance fall of man is 15gb. THe maker of metal gear solid four said he will have a hard time fitting the game on a blue ray disk. Learn some facts first.

PtonJalken said:
Arent bluray games currently (could decrease or increase on sales/etc who knows) $70-80+ ?

I dont know much about it, cause i dont really care bout blurays so ive never looked em up lol. If Sony wanted to be really 'cool' in there terms tho, they could get the new type of CD/DVD that holds over 1Million songs (not sure of size) but the player would boost the price up... several thousand... thousands :p (they've seriously got one of those tho, but of course not in production due to HUGE costs)

$60 same as the 360. target had some games for $45 last week.

Doyou want to know why standard blu-ray players cost 800$? Because it's a standard blu-ray player and it isn't sitting inside a video game console. Believe it or not, but using a video game console to play your movies isn't as "cool" as some people seem to think it is.

Btw My local best buy has that toshiba hd-dvd player for $450.

resistance fall of man is 15gb. THe maker of metal gear solid four said he will have a hard time fitting the game on a blue ray disk. Learn some facts first.

Yet there is a widespread rumor that he is being pressured to put it out on the 360, and he himself has stated he would like to develope it for the wii.

And Resistance is 16 gb....yet it isn't as good as a game for the 360 on a DL-DVD? Yes clearly it being 16gb means the game is better? Dreamcast had better graphics than the ps1...yet they both used cds.

Last edited:
vagrant said:
Doyou want to know why standard blu-ray players cost 800$? Because it's a standard blu-ray player and it isn't sitting inside a video game console. Believe it or not, but using a video game console to play your movies isn't as "cool" as some people seem to think it is.

Btw My local best buy has that toshiba hd-dvd player for $450.

Yet there is a widespread rumor that he is being pressured to put it out on the 360, and he himself has stated he would like to develope it for the wii.

And Resistance is 16 gb....yet it isn't as good as a game for the 360 on a DL-DVD? Yes clearly it being 16gb means the game is better? Dreamcast had better graphics than the ps1...yet they both used cds.

I want a DVD player to play my DVDs. a bluray player to play my bluray discs and an hd-dvd player to play my hd-dvds. I don't want a single device that does gaming and movies. Why? I want a product that excels at what it does, not a mediocre one that can do both at the expense of performance or quality. The PSX used CDs and most Nintendo 64 games used cartridges yet the n64 games for the most part looked a hell of a lot better. Those carts didn't store nearly the amount of data as the CDROM Sony used did either.

Let me put it in the most simple terms for everyone in here.

You all know that you are going to buy a PS3 eventually because it is the only system that will have Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4.

that is all that matters to me. I am actually sort of glad that they are not coming out for quite sometime. That gives sony more time to drop the price on the PS3

Deathmetalmaster said:
Let me put it in the most simple terms for everyone in here.

You all know that you are going to buy a PS3 eventually because it is the only system that will have Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4.

that is all that matters to me. I am actually sort of glad that they are not coming out for quite sometime. That gives sony more time to drop the price on the PS3

I know I'll be buying one, not for Blu-Ray but for Final Fantasy XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back